Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Nothing special today. Counting down the days until we leave and I can exercise every day. The plan for tomorrow since I’m not working is to do the Tear It Up DVD.

Rosemarie – I wish the foot would heal soon! Unfortunately, the MD told me to keep stretching it and in 3 to 4 MONTHS I will one day notice that it doesn’t hurt. I was hoping for 3 to 4 weeks, but no go. Sigh

Church tonight, but at least I’m not lectoring. Trying to finish up some foods (like cottage cheese) so that I don’t have to take it with me.

Maitland…. - welcome! Or should I say welcome back??

Heather – love the picture

Rita – feel better fast

Tracey – love the blue and all the pics

Barbara – the foot isn’t really “hurting”. There’s a callous on the bottom of my foot (due to all my walking) and that’s what’s bothering me when I walk. It almost feels like a plantar wart, but not as severe. I’ve gotten to where right after I take my walk, I stretch on the foam roller

Reunions: I went to one for my grammar school but I have no desire at all if ever they had one for my high school. It’s been over 50 years, anyway.

Debbie – banana split cake? Does it have ice cream in it?

Am now at this one point in the x-stitch and I can’t for the life of me figure one part out.

Took my walk, went to church, had dinner, watched some TV (took a break from the x-stitch) now to get to bed.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Reunions: I went to one for my grammar school but I have no desire at all if ever they had one for my high school. It’s been over 50 years, anyway.

Debbie – banana split cake? Does it have ice cream in it?

Am now at this one point in the x-stitch and I can’t for the life of me figure one part out.

Took my walk, went to church, had dinner, watched some TV (took a break from the x-stitch) now to get to bed.

Michele NC

The cake is a Graham cracker crust, next layer is sweetened cream cheese, then sliced bananas, then a can of cherry pie filling then a can of crushed pineapple, then a layer of cool whip, topped with chopped nuts. Then frozen until 5 min before serving. The pictures I say they had topped with some merishino cherries and choc. drizzle. That wasn't on the recipe I was given.

I am the main one in charge of the reunions we have for our high school. It is a small school and many of the kids I went to school with from kindergarten through high school. I was the least popular in school so it has been fun actually hanging out and chatting with everyone- no more cliques anymore.
    Our 45th will be next year.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: Shadow didn’t pull my bum shoulder at dog group.
    Tracey beautiful job, well done! :love: the Aspen and Jeb pics.
    Heather yours to Annie, Rosemarie and yourself. Bravissima!
    Machka “grief is exhausting” ((hugs)) I think that’s what’s sapping both Annie’s and Rosemarie’s energy. Takes time. . .
    Welcome @maitlandshopgirl !
    Betsy I record the news too, for watching when I do my PT exercises. When they’re done, so is “news time.” Not irresponsibility but self-care imho.
    Rita I’ve been thinking about an Applewatch for the same reasons. Which model did you get? Two of the saddest words “children’ hospice.” ((hugs)) for the frustration and hope you’re feeling better soon.
    Carol hope your sinus infection clears soon. ((hugs))
    Debbie both the banana split cake, pina colada fudge and especially the loaded rosemary potatoes sound delish!
    Lanette what blessings R and T are! I’m sure they feel the same way about you. “existing” in vans/trailers. In ’97 Joe and I with our 95 lb GSD “Rex” and cat “Roxie” moved into a 24ft motor home. While our house was prepped for sale, we lived in the driveway, then drove from CA to Boise ID and lived in a campground with showers from February ‘til our new home closed in April. In March we were joined by our 16 yr old nephew. For us it was a short term adventure. For the hordes of homeless here its shelter that the forest dwellers lack. Makes me sad.
    2/10: Move mins- wii:11 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:47 Jeopardy walking:51 Steps:7377
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=10 CI<CO net=324 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, hymns, Wt:132.9
    That’s it, caught up for now and time to snooze.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    Machka: I make time for focused thinking every morning. And several times daily. I don’t think of it as scheduling, as I have been doing it for so long it’s become a habit.
    I often use mind maps to plan projects, and have a book I started many years ago when I started doing 5 year plans which I updated regularly. These plans follow the areas you posted in a graphic recently.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited February 11
    Options
    Rosemarie: My days are pretty full, so I don’t usually work on projects after dinner. I spend time with DH, and we watch TV, or I read, or play games on my tablet.

Just reading along.

DED is coming after lunch to stay for dinner, so off to get things prepped for her visit. DEGSon may be with her.

Pg 22
  • anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @auntiebk
    It's so nice that you try to say something to everyone. I wish I had that kind of patience and perseverance.

I have been drinking the zero calorie effervesced soda water with the juice, actually. It really smells more than it tastes. It even says something like, "Infused." on the product. I wish it tasted like it smelled, but that would be too good to be true, lol.

The sugar habit is a pain in the but, but I've found juices with only half the calories, about 50, of regular juices. Even then I'm only using a 2 to 1 mix Soda Water to juice. So, I guess it's not too, too bad.

Glad you like my soups. What, exactly, is Beer Cheese soup? (BTW, I can' stand beer; does it taste like beer?) Here are a few more soups I made this week. Actually, it's soup week in one of my other rooms. So, these are technically reposts.
    z3i70rfofgc5.jpg
    Tomato Bisque

1ea2iauk80r9.jpg
    Creamy Garbanzo Bean and Cabbage Soup

dfckepfzhxh0.jpg
    Mexican Corn Chowder (uses soymilk instead of milk and it works)

If anyone wants a recipe for these or the ones I already posted, just let me know.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited February 11
    Options
    Ginny - Bad luck on the UTI again. I take D-Mannose twice a day, and it does seem to have cut down the recurrence. I've had just one since I started taking them. They can't fight it once it's taken hold, but I believe enough that it's helping, for me to continue with them.

I will ring the hospital on Monday to check where I am on the physio waiting list. It could be a long time. I'm pretty sure that it's some kind of auto immune thing. I really must organise myself to get an appointment with the doctor. This is not easy. You have to ring at 8.30, (hold on for ever), or turn up in person, to get on the list for the day. No possibility of making a future appointment. :#:#:#

This morning I conquered some fears of technology and created a reel for Instagram. It's my books, flashing in order, with a photo behind them from the era of the book. (Not that anyone would notice that! ) I did the slides on Canva and uploaded them direct to Instagram. I would have preferred a slower fade, but I was just glad to get anything up there. :p

The sun is shining after a night of rain.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited February 11
    Options
    Good morning, my dear hearts, as another cloudy mucky day breaks over the Arkansas River Valley. Supposed to rain for 24 hours starting just before noon...

Ginny - Glad you're back and sorry about the UTI. I think I mentioned my urine test results came up negative, so they put me on the nuclear option for fungal, a week of fluconazole. It worked, at least so far, and I was not sure that it would. I'm feeling quite a bit better. Thanks for asking about the kids - this actually IS the move for John and Soraya; we're just the next-to-last driving stop on their way from their recent life in New Mexico to their new apartment an hour or so north of us. It will be good to see them. I haven't seen Johnny since his birth mother died, and it will be good to hug his neck... which is just a saying, in the end. I'll be hugging his waist, since he's 6'3" tall and I'm ... not. 😹They've both departed Facebook for their own reasons, so I can't track them, but he checks in on a reasonably regular basis.

Tracey - SO love that china cabinet - it looks absolutely spiffy with the bright white up against that blue.

Michelle in NV - I can't do what Barbara does and answer everyone either... she's amazing. But I also am in the business of removing stress from my life and that adds back a worry of whether I've missed someone or hurt someone's feelings, and I threw up my hands pretty early. I do try on occasion to catch up people I've missed, and I do try to catch the new chums, so they know they're welcome, but mostly not so much. We know we all care, or we wouldn't stay, so it works out.

Kim - I think of you often, and your beloved Levi. Many hugs headed your way, my dear friend...

No real plans here, just cleaning as my energy permits. Corey will probably get some shelves done in his sunroom kitchen after he has coffee. He laid beside me and let me sleep late this morning--I slept for nearly nine hours, and he knew his tippy tapping on his laptop would wake me, so he just rested and let me sleep! It's not our usual pattern; I seldom sleep late when he's there (he gets up at 4.30 a.m. on weekdays for work).

Am trying to get myself back to work on my niece's quilt, but have been reluctant for some reason... Also need to get cases created for the foam cushions for the sunroom couches, which came in last week. My ability to work in three dimensions was never good. These will just be 48"x24"x4" boxes in cloth, but my brain went sideways when I tried to figure out how to miter a corner last week. I'll have to try again, it would be a ridiculous price to order covers, and I have everything I need here to do it. :smile:

Still shocks me every time I look in the mirror and see my lack of hair. Lordie... well, at least my hair is actually growing again. You can't quite see my scalp showing through, but you would have been able to a couple of years back when I lost most of it. It will take a month or two, and I'll get used to it in the meantime.

Got our taxes done yesterday - I might have mentioned that my best friend does them. It's a nice continuity over the years. She was doing my taxes even when I was married to my first husband. I send my stuff to her electronically. She checks with me on a few things, if necessary, and files them for us, and the refunds, if any, show up in our account. She also does hers and our kids' taxes, so she's had to learn Montana, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, New Mexico, Oregon, Hawaii, and a few other states' tax requirements. She has software that does it all now. She's still planning to be here for the eclipse, but I reassured her that it won't hurt my feelings if she doesn't make it. They plan to be here in May anyway, in the RV, and I'm looking forward to that. I'll enjoy seeing her in April, too, even if I don't understand the reasoning... :smiley:

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Lisa glad you are feeling better! Good luck with your sewing corners. I'm sure you will get it done well.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Annie - You stay in my heart as well, my dear. You're so much stronger than you know. Thinking about you.

Love,
    Lisa in AR