WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »
    @auntiebk
    It's so nice that you try to say something to everyone. I wish I had that kind of patience and perseverance.

I have been drinking the zero calorie effervesced soda water with the juice, actually. It really smells more than it tastes. It even says something like, "Infused." on the product. I wish it tasted like it smelled, but that would be too good to be true, lol.

The sugar habit is a pain in the but, but I've found juices with only half the calories, about 50, of regular juices. Even then I'm only using a 2 to 1 mix Soda Water to juice. So, I guess it's not too, too bad.

Glad you like my soups. What, exactly, is Beer Cheese soup? (BTW, I can' stand beer; does it taste like beer?) Here are a few more soups I made this week. Actually, it's soup week in one of my other rooms. So, these are technically reposts.
    z3i70rfofgc5.jpg
    Tomato Bisque

1ea2iauk80r9.jpg
    Creamy Garbanzo Bean and Cabbage Soup

dfckepfzhxh0.jpg
    Mexican Corn Chowder (uses soymilk instead of milk and it works)

If anyone wants a recipe for these or the ones I already posted, just let me know.

Looks delicious, and yes, please. I am always looking for soup ideas.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    KJ - Ooooh, I think I love you ....... :p<3 A super, super quick, diddly, tiddly, review when you're done with it would make me know I love you.
    I feel bad even asking you when I know how horribly, terribly, busy you are. I wish I could help. :/<3 I think you are truly amazing, and I know no-one else who could take on half your load, but....... You know what the but is , so I don't have to say it. I'm going to send 'Queer Eye' down your way. :p<3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Apple watch bands IMHO the bands that come with the watch are JUNK! Mine wouldn’t stay buckled and the watch fell off all the time. I ordered a new band from Amazon but it doesn’t come in until tomorrow. I hope to find mine by then. Below is a picture of the watch with the band I’m talking about. Mine is black contributing to the problem finding it!! The band I got is called the sports band. You would think because it is called “spots” it would be rugged and made to stay on!!

p5n3cd0eak9a.jpeg

epx6p9tdf151.jpeg

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did the Tear it Up DVD, since it was raining did a Leslie Sansone DVD, then to WalMart (it was crowded, probably because of the Super Bowl)
    Did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned part of the kitchen floor, this part gets the dirtiest, right in front of the sink.

Tracey – I just noticed that you have a popcorn ceiling! Did you install it? We have it down at the condo and I’m not sure if I like it or not. I bet your grandmother’s china will look great in the cabinet

Debbie – mmmm mmmm mmmm You’ve got me hungry now

Annimzdiet – (please give us another name to call you). Put me down for wanting the recipe for the cabbage and garbanzo soup
    Antibiotics: I was on clyndomycin for the infection in the tooth (went to the dentist and all’s fine, it just needs to heal. I already have an appt to get the bridge when we get back). Anyway, whenever I’d take a capsule, it always felt like it didn’t go down all the way. It actually was very uncomfortable to breathe. Anyway, I found out by accident that if I had something to eat RIGHT BEFORE I took the capsule, it wasn’t anywhere near as bad. I’m not talking even 5 minutes before I took the antibiotic. I’m talking that I’d have a piece of cheese and then immediately afterwards take the antibiotic. Weird, huh?

Lanette – I’m not really massaging my foot. I use the foam roller plus doing other stretching exercises. But to me, this is a good excuse to get a massage….lol I found the exercises for the calf on a foam roller on uTube. I have found that using a pumpice stone on the callus seems to help some. It’s still there, tho. My orthopaedist did suggest these Silipos socks. It got them off amazon. They’re socks but they have extra padding on the bottom. This is what they look like
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HV0GFHE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Lisa – I didn’t realize that this is THE move for the kids. How wonderful for you!

For some reason I just couldn’t sleep last night. Maybe it was that I had things running thru my head making sure I thought of everything for FL.

Taxes – Vince is working on the taxes but he says that he really can’t finish because there’s some information that he needs that he won’t get until we get back.

Remember Jerry at BK? Well, from what I gather BK was on the store manager’s case about not letting him live on BK property. Which, to me, makes sense since I can see liability issues. Anyway, one day he came in but it appears he was super-drunk, his hands were shaking, slurred words, that sort of thing. He hasn’t been in BK to work for a few weeks. I was concerned because a while ago he said to me that his sister wants him to go into a group home (that also might have been his interpretation of what she said), that if he went he’d commit suicide. Anyway, he came to BK the other day (I wasn’t there) and I understand that he’s staying at some Heritage place in Hickory. To me, that sounds like a senior place, and if I’m right, there’s no way they’ll put up with his empty beer cans thrown around. M (store manager) isn’t going to fire him, but she also isn’t planning that he’ll be at work. Really, he probably doesn’t have a ride. At least I know that he’s alive.

KJ – I saw on uTube a video of some kid making a turkey. The body was an apple. I figure if this kid can do it, it probably isn’t real hard. I’m thinking that if I have a chance, maybe I’ll make some for the last Newcomer bowling session.

guess I’ll work some more on that x-stitch.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited February 11
    Options
    <3

Katiebug ~ It was interesting reading about your insights on teaching math. I know that I am totally learning disabled when it comes to math. I did fine learning adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing. Then, in 5th/6th grade due to a lot of upheaval in our home life and other factors, I totally missed out on fractions. That progressed to high school where algebra was beyond my comprehension. The teacher actually commented to her other classes about my whining that I didn't get/understand it. For some reason, I liked geometry but that may be because I loved to draw. When I started college I had to take a course in what was called The New Math (that was a bust for me). Anyway, later my college GRE scores were so bad that I was able to get out of teaching math to 5th graders. For that I am thankful!

Michele in NV ~ Love your soups.

Michele in NC ~ I broke down and purchases some Corelle soup/cereal bowls to replace my old bowls that had gotten so stained I was embarrassed to use them. The ones I got are a bit small so I might order larger ones.

When you drive through Georgia to go to your condo, wave as you drive down I-75 through Cobb County.

Kelly ~ I can truly understand your thoughts about quiet! With all you do there is no wonder that is something you long for.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 21min 27sec, laundry fold and out away, vacuum, dust, make/refill hummingbird food, clean/refill birdbath, sweep front patio and entryway, put more water in front fountain, etc= 933c
  • anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @exermom

I am Michelle in NV

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Beth - here's hoping for a successful surgery and wonderful outcomes...

I'm smelling shrimp and fried rice, Corey's cooking that for me while he has chili with beans - which is not really chili, so no. :)

Hope everyone's doing well...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    erxlnwxl1ymp.jpg
    c1dweuvfhsd0.jpg
    My SIL and brother rented a place at the cape for a long weekend and they are enjoying themselves.
    Im not watching the Superbowl.. not my cup of tea..when I was married to my first husband he was a sports fanaticand my son is also,think Rich is the local bookie.but im not sure lol.
    I have an appointment with Gastro dr before colonoscopy is done yipee 😳 the prep is the worst part.
    Watching Baby through Thursday, Trudy and her son BJ are having a spectacular time in Morroco,Maracesh,Casablanca.. Im so very glad..
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie: What is going on with the weather? Isn't it February on Cape Cod?

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia