WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Ginny: So far it looks like Purdy/Mr. Irrelevant is winning! Good for him! I usually don't pay much attention until the 4th quarter.

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Beth that cochlear implant sounds like it will help your hearing and isolation. Hope it goes smoothly! I wonder if my dad would benefit from something like that.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Tracey - You've done a beautiful job. :D<3
    Good luck to your daughter!

Beth - So glad this is going ahead at last. As you say, whatever the result is, and it could be amazing, you just have to try. It's an adventure and we eagerly await the results. <3:)<3

The family are going to my DDIL's parents today, leaving my son behind to work. It's half-term for the kids. They come back on Wednesday. I've asked my son over for dinner, as he's on his own. He is up in London today, but says he'll be back in time for our early eating schedule! :D I'm doing Chinese Chicken with salted black beans. Jasmine rice, and broccoli with sesame. I have some AF beers.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    htma42x5o26c.png
    k2h5683aqi16.png

Oh Machka
    - I very much feel that last meme/pic that you posted; "May all that has been reduced to noise in you, become music again".

With my job, I work far more than 40 hours. It is 50 hours with children, but then an added 10-20 hours each week prepping, cleaning, paperwork, and planning. Lately no lunch hours, due to having four infants in care (at least one of them seems to be awake when the rest are napping). But I can't seem to focus on the things I love, because it just feels like "too much" in my brain. I have been doing cooking, cleaning, paperwork without music, even; which is unusual for me. BUT. because it is so quiet while I work, DH always comes in and checks on me (which means tries to talk to me about things). He means well, but that in itself is sometimes exhausting. Or on weekends my daughter will call and want to chat. For an hour or more. A couple of times a day. lol Those chats are always chaotic because the boys want to talk, too. There is usually a fair amount of scrambling and noise going on between the three of them. I am not complaining. I have found that God/life has a twisted sense of humor where my thoughts are concerned and the minute I start complaining about things, a change is made/someone is gone from my life and I can't get that time/chat/noise back. Anyway...I have been letting go of things that are wasting my time. Like less time spent on social media and streaming. Once my brain feels rested, I will bring in more time to read and listen to music. Even if it is just 15-30 minutes a day. I will once again feel like I am treating myself better.

Busy, busy, busy...ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

(((HUGS)))

• Machka9
    Options
    Yesterday ... I got another longish walk in!! :)

bicbex08m97o.png

Today ... I worked in the garden. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    @Anniesquats100

Alzheimer's is one form of dementia and may or may not be what your father has, but you may be able to use some of these resources. There may be caregiver groups you can meet with either in person or virtually.

Alzheimer's Toolkit
    https://dhss.delaware.gov/dsaapd/alzheimers_toolkit.html

https://www.alz.org/professionals/public-health/state-overview/delaware

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Monday!

Quiet I crave it especially at end of work day or when working on an involved project. My SIL like my DH always has something turned on for noise. When DH would go away for weekend, I rarely turned on TV or music. Just noise overload.

Speaking of DH.....he complained about not going to KY all week, then decided not to go. SMH. I hung out with him Saturday watching mindless TV. Yesterday I had to buckle down to pay property taxes and gather tax stuffs for accountant. No noise in back room and DH was good at basically leaving me alone. I can get nasty if I am trying to work on important stuffs and keep getting interrupted. I still need to put some papers in his file cabinet, but ran out of time yesterday. The upside is I have nothing urgent as of this morning. Did take a moment to start putting all accounts in my just in case book. Had friends coming for Super bowl watch (I sually like commercials and halftime) . This was our dessert night with added appetizers. I had planned on making chicken salad and brownie bites. Chose paperwork instead, so bought those things. It was still good. Relaxing evening. Kitchen cleaned and dishwasher running while watching game.

Last week was not good for goals. Lots of blanks on my calendar. I am hoping for a better goal oriented week. Slowly but surely catching up on past due projects. I did finish one book and started another.

Beth I am happy for you getting implant. So many people won't even wear hearing aids!

Rebecca I am so happy for you! We told you oldest would love his pillow! :)

UTIs When I was in my 20s and early 30's UTIs were a bi-weekly thing. Allergy to sulfa drugs developed as I was on them so much. Doctor finally put me on a really low does of an antibiotic for a year. I will say that I don't think I have had but maybe one since then. Hugs to those suffering with them. The last three years it has been fighting yeast infections-ugh.

I know there was more I wanted to comment on, but must get ready for work.

Healing thoughts!
    Congratulations on successes!
    Safe travels!

Grateful you are all here!
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Used a de-bobbler for the first time ever today! It worked! My best long black cardigan was covered in bobbles after just one wash. I should have taken it back to M&S, but I had no receipt, and couldn't be bothered. I had seen the machines on YouTube, and was sceptical, but they weren't expensive. Anyway, my cardi-coat is now smooth.

John has gone off to have his hair cut and took the Sodastream CO2 cylinder with him to buy a refill. It always amuses me how much heavier the filled one is. :D
    Gorgeous, blue sky day here.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options