What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,828 Member
    Options
    If I could change three things about my body I would be pain free, I wouldn’t need to poop, and I’d be able to grant wishes every time I O

Interesting thought... If I could change 3 things about my body... I think I would get rid of that lower belly overhang, ditch the cellulite, and fix the gaps in my molars so that I wouldn't always need toothpicks to be comfortable. LOL

Though... I do like all yours too. Turns out I need way more than 3.
    Well if I get my third one I’ll grant you a wish
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    I have an 18 year old who has been diagnosed with chronic pain / fatigue and fibromyalgia. They recently obtained official government "disability status".

They regularly struggle with feelings of ending it all, because they cannot imagine living their whole life this way. I am worried about their future - what life will be like, how they will find their way, and whether they will be able to be self sufficient. It's so scary and not at all what I imagined parenting to be.

They are so amazing... incredibly intelligent (even with brain fog), an excellent writer, and so thoughtful. I want all the best in this world for them, and it terrifies me to think of what would happen to them if something happened to me. #sorryfortheheavy

From one mom to another… this is so hard & I don’t really have words to adequately express how deeply your situation moves me. Healing for you and your child

Thank you. :heart: You are a sweetheart!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,579 Member
    Options
    Going to a concert tonight with my ex husband, we have to drive to Tulsa.
    I wish I hadn’t accepted, I don’t want to go, but I will. 😶
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Have fun!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I have an 18 year old who has been diagnosed with chronic pain / fatigue and fibromyalgia. They recently obtained official government "disability status".

They regularly struggle with feelings of ending it all, because they cannot imagine living their whole life this way. I am worried about their future - what life will be like, how they will find their way, and whether they will be able to be self sufficient. It's so scary and not at all what I imagined parenting to be.

They are so amazing... incredibly intelligent (even with brain fog), an excellent writer, and so thoughtful. I want all the best in this world for them, and it terrifies me to think of what would happen to them if something happened to me. #sorryfortheheavy

Please don't apologize. You deserve to vent and be heard, too.

And yes, as a fellow parent I know that we feel everything our children feel, regardless of how old they are. Much love and support to you and your child. You're an amazing Mom and your support will guide them on their correct path.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Have fun!

Thanks! I did! ☺️
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    From dust to dust
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Please don't apologize. You deserve to vent and be heard, too.

And yes, as a fellow parent I know that we feel everything our children feel, regardless of how old they are. Much love and support to you and your child. You're an amazing Mom and your support will guide them on their correct path.

:hugs: thank you
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    After hundreds of years of powdering our faces we are now rocking the sweaty greasy makeup trend.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    After hundreds of years of powdering our faces we are now rocking the sweaty greasy makeup trend.

I don’t get it - maybe a selfie example is needed 🧐
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I don’t get it - maybe a selfie example is needed 🧐
    I would but my face is almost always naked. It’s just a glazed donut makeup trend that I’m not too fond of atm
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I killed my plant transporting it to work. Who knew orchids don’t like 18° weather
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    Options
    Snow tires. Don't go out in a blizzard if you don't have them
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

Haha 😆
    I don’t wear much makeup on the daily, a little concealer and Miracle Balm for a little color.
    Rarely wear foundation.
    I feel like the more I wear, the older I look.

I understand what you mean about the shiny look.
    I’ve started using Jones Road makeup and it’s all about the dewy look for mature skin.
    It took a little getting used to but I love it now, have 5 colors and other products as well.
    It will be interesting to see how it wears in the summer.
    Probably sliiiiiiiiide right off my face. 😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Haha 😆
    I don’t wear much makeup on the daily, a little concealer and Miracle Balm for a little color.
    Rarely wear foundation.

I’ve started using Jones Road makeup and it’s all about the dewy look for mature skin.
    It took a little getting used to but I love it now, have 5 colors and other products as well.
    Ok now now I’m on an investigative mission. If I wind up looking silly I will take a picture and post it.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    14 years ago, I had a mole that turned on me. A few months ago I asked my doc for a referral for a couple that looked suspicious. They booked me in for 2026!!! My first thought was that if any of them were bad, they'd have a chance to make some serious trouble over the next two years.

Yesterday I got a call that there was a cancellation for today.

Great news.. all my spots are good! Nothing to fear.

What a relief! 👌😊🌷
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    A short article I read (old news) about AI and how Wifi Routers are being used to see through peoples walls by scientists and estimate dense pose to map humans. Then trying to spin it as a positive for peoples privacy. It's getting creepier.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Haha 😆
    Rarely wear foundation.

Actually, you know what I wanted to ask… Did you see any of the models from that fashion show in which Pat McGrath did the make up and they looked like dolls? I thought that was so amazing.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

Haha 😆
    Rarely wear foundation.

Actually, you know what I wanted to ask… Did you see any of the models from that fashion show in which Pat McGrath did the make up and they looked like dolls? I thought that was so amazing.

I had not.
    But I looked, wow, a little creepy but pretty incredible.
    Must be latex makeup. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    I’m always amazed what people can do with makeup.