Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Monday were Walking X2 and a mobility workout. My shoulder was a little angry all day and I was tired after meeting my friends for lunch, so I had a light workout day.

We were under in dangerous fire conditions again on Monday.

Laurie, how nice that you and your DH got to enjoy lunch out on Friday. I'm sure you're both thrilled to deliver the bed frame and mirrors at your dd's! LOL.
    Labor of love IS the right name for hand quilted blanket!

Great workouts! I like the sounds of that back stretch workout and the barre/pilates fusion one too!

Definitely another victory with my PT progress. I am so glad I am enjoying the benefits of working out now. My friends noticed how good my mobility is and they thought I'd be ready to go back to yoga soon. LOL. Not any time soon, unfortunately.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you had a great weekend. I wish we could work on puzzles too, but that is not recommended when you have cats. What do you do with the puzzles you complete?

I've actually picked up reading, which is amazing for me because I could never read more than 10 minutes before I'd get sleepy. I'm on my third book in less than 6 weeks! I joined a local FB book club in hopes that their love for reading would inspire me to read. So far, so good!

Great workouts!!

I can't tell you how happy I am to be benefiting now from all the workouts we do.
    I'm so sorry your sister is reacting so badly to the chemo. It is so hard on the body. My friend who went through chemo treatment last year also was hit pretty hard by it. Her oncologist eventually reduced her chemo dose, but that was toward the end of the treatment period. I hope your sister's oncologist is able to give her something to help her get through this treatment period.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I worked out with Kelly and one of her new workouts on her RAW app. It was More Than Just Strength Heavy Up & Move. This was 45 sec of weight work followed by 45 sec of low impact cardio. We lifted weight from 15 to 30. The cardio portion where moves that focused on the abs. The weight work was a mix of traditional and olympic moves. Give this one a two thumbs up. ;) Tomorrow I'm going to try out the kickboxing. She made 4 workouts altogether, and the other two are balance and what I'm guessing is barre type work.

Laurel, Your weekend sounds great, and I'm hoping that you where able to get that puzzle done. Awesome job with all the workouts! I'm really sorry to hear that your sister isn't doing well with the chemo. It's a hard thing to tolerate. I'm with you on the age thing, I have the same feeling. Guess it is because we didn't grow up with it. Of course I wasn't one of those that was constantly talking on the phone either. I know that some of my friends used to spend all night on the phone with either their friends or their boy friend. Guess that was our social media when we grew up. :D

Thelma, Great job with your workouts! Sorry to hear that you had an angry shoulder. I'm going to try really hard to get in some type of stretching during my week. I can really see the benefit with doing the moves with Michelle. I think that I will stick with her for that, because she really does some good workouts. Nice that you are getting into reading. I get hot and cold with reading, and right now I'm on a cold streak. I have two books that I want to get done. Hopefully I get the mojo back again.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Body Part Chest followed by Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT plus the bonus Pyramid HiiT section.

Thelma, great workouts despite an angry shoulder. I am really surprised you were under a fire warning yesterday. Did you have high winds? Seems so strange this time of year. I am glad you are beginning to enjoy reading. I generally have one or two books going all of the time, and try to read for at least a few pages in each on the week days. Weekends don’t really give me much reading time. But book choice is so important. If I don’t like the book, instead of just getting rid of it, I have a tendency to stop reading. So I am trying to talk myself into the 100 page test…..if at page 100 I don’t care how the book ends, I will stop reading and get rid of it. We finished our puzzle! We keep most of our completed puzzles as I have done a number of them multiple times. Ones we don’t enjoy as much, we donate. I hope my sister is better able to tolerate chemo going forward. She is only supposed to have six treatments, but those will feel like forever if she feels the way she did after her first treatment throughout.

Laurie, sounds like a fantastic workout. Love that the cardio was core focused. Sounds like a very complete workout. Thanks for your kind words about my sister. I was like you when I was young….I never spent a great deal of time on the phone either. I have always been a bit of a loner, so I had my group of friends at school, and some after school friends, but we all seemed to retreat into our books or whatever in the evenings and on weekends. And I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way because saying I was and am a ‘bit of a loner’ is a pretty mild understatement. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Walking and Tracy Steen Lean Thighs and Strong Glutes. I don't know how Tracy comes up with 5 new workouts a week, but she does it and this one was a winner!

PT was good. I graduated to the arm bike. This is the only exercise I can't do at home, which I'm not happy about because it is working on building strength.
    I got a total of 5 new exercises!

We were in dangerous fire conditions again on Tuesday and our forest rangers were conducting prescribed forest fires in two places. The valley was covered in smoke at the end of the day.

Laurie, what an awesome Kelly workout! Good job!
    I thought my shoulder was going to be angry after PT due to all the work I did, but it wasn't!
    I'm trying to slowly get back into mobility workouts. I really need to check Michelle's stretching workouts.
    I still can't believe I'm doing any reading at all, Laurie. It's really some kind of a miracle for me! LOL

Laurel, great workout!
    We didn't have windy conditions, but they're claiming it's very dry. It really is strange at this time of the year.
    I don't think I could read two books at the same time. I tried that and put one of the books down, till I finished the other one.
    I agree with you that book choice is very important. I've slowed down with the new book I'm reading. It was one of the books the club was reading in January.
    I like your idea of the 100 page test! I am reading ebooks, so I can easily delete them if I don't like them.
    Congrats on finishing the puzzle! I used to love doing puzzles as a kid and did them multiple times. They're always challenging even if you've done them before.
    Thank God your sister is only getting 6 chemo treatments! I'm sure it will feel forever too. I think as they start to recover from the previous treatment, the next one is due. She should talk to the nurses for advice on what to do. My friend got a lot of good advice from the chemo center nurses.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Tried out the new kickboxing workout of Kelly's. It was Lean Physique - Kickbox NRG. I found it to be a just okay workout. ;) We are going to be warm today, it has been a very strange winter. Suppose to get snow on Thursday.

Laurel, Great workouts! Will have to pull out those P30 workouts, since they are in my timeframe. Of course I don't think I will do the higher impact HiiT workout though. :D Glad to hear that you where able to finish up that puzzle. I'm for sure a loaner. If it wasn't for my DH, I don't think I would know half the people that I do. He is for sure the more outgoing part of the couple. I recently started reading a book that a classmate of mine from high school wrote. It is a good book, but I seem to have stalled in reading it. I will just have to pick it up again, because I do want to know what happened to the main character.

Thelma, Love that you enjoyed that workout so much! More good news from PT also. ;) Dang on the drought conditions, you don't have any fire starters living next door? :D One of the things that I enjoy about Michelle's stretching, she holds the poses for a good length of time before moving onto another move. I have seen some good improvement in my hips because of her.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Body Part Legs followed by a 30 minute spin. It is warm and sunny here which is always good for my energy levels. We may get close to 80 degrees next week. :o That’s a bit warm for this time of year still, but I don’t mind.

Thelma, great workouts. Sounds like every day is a new progression for your shoulder. That’s amazing! I would love to find a good book club, but the ones I have tried in the past either read not very enjoyable books or, when meeting, talked about anything but the book we had read. I hope you have better luck with your club. I think my sister will learn what she needs as she progresses through chemo. Yesterday she went back to her doctor for a shot to help with her white blood cells, and she asked for an IV of fluids. Come to find out, the chemo is zapping her of fluids regardless of how much she is taking in. So hopefully a periodic IV will help, and that may give her a little more energy.

Laurie, great workout….even if it was just an okay kickboxing workout. :) DH is not so much a loner as much as he is not a socializer. He doesn’t like to be home alone, whereas I am fine with my own company. But he really doesn’t like getting together and socializing with people, and I am okay with that. But it makes for a nice balance between us because I give him the company he needs and he gives me plenty of alone time that I need. And every now and again, we meet other people. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were walking, Tracy Steen Standing Abs and Mobility. I'm considering my PT exercises a mobility workout. I burned 100 calories doing my PT!

I figured out how to do the arm bike at home. I walked into my workout room, and kept looking at my spinning bike and I thought, what about if we raised the back of the bike? I could sit behind it and pedal with my hands! I had DH lift the back of the bike while I put 5 risers and the little step under the back leg of the bike. I was able to sit on the step and pedal with my hands! Yaaay!
    I'll ad two more risers, so I can sit on a chair.
    I have also graduated to doing the pulley exercises seated. The exercises are more challenging this way.

Laurie, great workout! Sorry it was just OK. Hopefully, the snow won't cause too many traffic problems.

I can't believe we're under dangerous fire conditions all over again. Thankfully, short-term rental peak season is over, so there may not be any people next door on weekends. This is the time of the year where we have the entire place to ourselves.
    Sounds like Michelle does her stretching routines Yin style! I'm so glad you're seeing the benefits of stretching!

Laurel, great workout combo!
    We were warm and sunny too. We may hit 70's next week. We could also have dangerous storm conditions because there may be a cold front coming our way.

I've never been in a book club before, but I have the feeling this one isn't that good. The group's owner started chat rooms for each of the books being read. There isn't much chatting going on, which is fine by me. I just want to get ideas of the books people like, so I could read them too.

I am so glad your sister asked for IV fluids. My friend had to drink a lot of water.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Lift with Cee Full Body. I really do like her for full body workouts, and this one didn't disappoint. I went as heavy as I could handle, and tried 15's for triceps, but had to move down to 12's for the last two sets. I need somewhere in between those two weights. :D

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! That is going to be warm, they are saying 70's for us. I don't mind that either, because our Grandson will be with us next week. Taking him outside will be a lot better in that temp, than in the colder. I love that living with someone for such a long time, they get to know when we need our space. Glad to hear that your sister is working so well with her doctor, and getting the additional fluids that she needs. I will keep her and you in my prayers, it is difficult for everyone to go through this. I'm sure that you want to be there for her, and I'm sure that having you to talk to really helps.

Thelma, Nice job with all the workouts, and of course the PT workout too! Glad that you where able to find a way to make the arm biking work for you. No snow, unless it is coming later. Glad to hear that you don't have to deal with the renters. Hope that you do get enough rain before the season starts up again. I'm going to have to get in a stretch tomorrow, I haven't done on in a week.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Body Part Back, the core work from High Reps, and Gloved Up and Sweaty.

Thelma, great workouts. And what a great way to innovate with your spin cycle! Sounds like all of the PT exercises are really working for you. DH is flying home through Atlanta tomorrow morning, so I am hoping your bad weather passes before he gets there. The storms are supposed to hit us sometime this evening, but they aren’t expecting anything violent…..at least last time I checked. :#

Laurie, great workout. I find triceps tricky to figure out the right weight sometimes. They are the one muscle group where I could really use 1# increments for all my weights. Thank you for your kind words about my sister. It is very hard to be so far away right now for certain. But I also have to respect that she doesn’t want to be around too many people at the moment so flying across the country to visit her may be good for me but not so much for her. But that desire to Just Do Something is pretty strong. :) Sounds like a great week to spend with your grandson next week.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Tracy Steen Lower Body, Walking, Mobility.

It's been pretty stormy tonight. We had thunder, lightning, wind, heavy rain.

PT was good. The PT told me that at 16 weeks I'll be 75% healed. I'm at 8 weeks now. I believe strength training will start at 16 weeks.

Laurie, great workout! Good job going heavy!! I hear you on needing a weight between 12 and 15! That's why I bought individual small plates, so I could build my own dumbbell. I have 1/2, 1, 2.5 pound weight plates.

I was doing the arm bike at PT today and I could feel it in my triceps.
    We still have to deal with renters, but at least they're not here every weekend or longer than a weekend at this time of the year.

Enjoy your stretch!
    How exciting that you'll have your grandson with you next week. Are you taking time off from work?

Laurel, great workouts!

My PT exercises are working for me because I do them. The PT told me that in April I'll probably only go to PT once a week. He said that was because he knows I do my exercises! LOL

I think your DH will be fine tomorrow morning. The storm is definitely going through here tonight.
    Your sister is right about not wanting to be around too many people at this time. Are her treatments every two weeks?
    All you can do is be there on the phone for her. She knows you're thinking of her. I've been praying for her too.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Michelle's 25 Min Full Body Stretch Routine. This was another good one.

Tomorrow is baby proofing the house, that should be fun. Otherwise it will be a quiet weekend, until Sunday afternoon when he arrives. ;) They are saying snow this afternoon. :p

Laurel, Nice job with all the workouts! You have been rocking those body part workouts this week. Hope your DH's flight doesn't encounter the storms. That same storm is what is giving us the snow. I will have to get to the store to find some snacks for the big boy. We always have bananas, but I'm thinking that we need to get some baby snacks. I'm also going to have to do some crawling on the floor, just to see what I have to get out of the way. This will be fun.

Thelma, Very nice workout! Awesome news on the PT, such great progress. I do have the ability to increase the weight, but I will have to see if my 1lb incremental weights will fit on my 12 lb weights. They have a really thick grip, and are the coated ones. Unfortunately I can't take to much time off next week. We have a Shing event going on, and one of the areas they are concentrating on is mine. Our youngest will be around on Monday, and I'm planning on coming in later so that all DH has to do is put him down for a nap. He usually takes about a 2-1/2 to 3 hour nap.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Body Part Triceps and a 45 minute spin. Back to STS 1.0 next week!

Thelma, great workouts. We had a bit of a storm last night as well with wind, lightning and thunder, but once the fog cleared out this morning, we were left with a fresh, beautiful day. I was thinking yesterday that you must be such a rarity to your PT because you are dedicated to doing the exercises, I have never understood why people go to PT and then don’t do the work. You, no doubt, are a breath of fresh air. Thank you for the prayers for my sister. I will be thinking about her on Sunday. And I will be thinking about YOU on Sunday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I know it is a big one, and I hope you doing something wonderful to celebrate.

Laurie, great workout. And no doubt baby proofing the house will be a workout as well. Good idea to approach it from his eye level. :) I hope the snow is temporary and you get nicer weather for his visit. DH just landed in Atlanta, so his trip is going smoothly so far. I always worry about him when he travels, and he travels a lot. :#

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies! I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was busy, specially Saturday.
    Our Samsung refrigerator's ice cube panel froze again. DH had to take the thing apart and spent a good 4 hours thawing it out. I got to deep clean the fridge. What a pain it was for him!

My workouts on Friday were walking, Gina G Latin Style Hiit, mobility.
    Saturday - Gina B HIIT for Weight Loss, Mobility, Walking.
    Sunday-Walking, Tracy Steen Lean Thighs and Strong Glutes, mobility.

Laurie, good job stretching! I hope everything is going well with the baby!
    Sorry you can't take too much time off this week. I'm sure your DH will love taking care of the baby.
    Can you tell me what type of weighted vest you have and how heavy it is, please.

Laurel, great workouts!
    We got about 3/4" of rain on Thursday night. We may get some rain Wednesday and Friday.

I don't know how much of a rarity I am to my PT, but when I'm there I do all my exercises without help from anyone because I know what to do. He works on my mobility at the end of my session. They are always so busy all the time, and I know they appreciate me being self-sufficient when I'm there.
    Thanks so much for birthday wishes. It was a very uneventful day. I can't believe I'm 60 now! I hope your sister had a good day.

I can understand your worrying about your DH's travel. I worry too during the rare times DH has to travel. There may be a trip to Boston in June.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend, and so far the grandson is very busy looking into everything he can. :D He can crawl up the steps, but then he goes head first down the steps. Amazes me at how well that works. :D I was able to get some sewing in on Saturday, but Sunday was a bust. The snow didn't amount to much, but it did cause very slippery roads because the temperature fell so quickly.

I didn't workout on the weekend, I have pretty much given up on getting anything done for those two days. My workout this morning was Michelle B's PiYO Express #60. I was glad to see that she has quite a few PiYO workouts on her site.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts, and doing all those one body parts. Have fun with STS 1.0. Even with getting down and looking at eye level, I didn't get everything. Funny how baby's can find the littlest thing. Glad to hear that your DH was able to land in Atlanta. My DH went to Vegas every year, and I would be waiting to hear that he landed.

Thelma, Nice job with all those workouts! Sorry to hear that your panel froze. Guess getting the deep clean on the fridge was a good thing to come out of it. DH and the youngest are taking the grandson to the zoo this morning, and then the youngest is having new carpet put down on her stairs and the landing at the top of the stairs. Those are the only two areas of her condo that where carpeted. She has hardwood in all the other rooms. The weighted vest I have is a 12lb, and I included a link to Amazon. You may want to look at the ones for kids, because this one is lose on me.

https://amazon.com/Tone-Fitness-Weighted-Vest-lbs/dp/B0040XF2RE/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2WKEXUPK6GDWH&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.IumhG2iF3aqnp7kw4mKHj24soRVeSEPxtD682m0upYDzIaKjW8ZeA8HFl_hG1W7u7wYNL-NRMQ_jbVjGOZHYNBpSr9bpCQJ53GTQjfwRF01bjDj41jz4H78zQkg8mVxYGkmrJktWXG2ZPI_0Reu3HvBUM9x33CW4jvjXHPl86enEgjXY63JjzKtYre-FWOduKYJASsJOHpKLyDvuAqrPcH7Cqi9tHxqcc_IMtNEm2ysYyQNb0PgcY0PAOeU10kw1q4C2O_sw0qNiajNvIrTwyfPiB8C4QxkxR9D07It0icc.L7SExSm27InvyT9pxMfckbBIxkzEQ8P-PCL2FBVhlWg&dib_tag=se&keywords=weighted%2Bvest%2B12%2Blbs%2Bwomen&qid=1708961662&sprefix=weighted%2Bvest%2B12%2Caps%2C632&sr=8-8&th=1&psc=1

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was actually pretty quiet for us. We did a few things to get the lawn ready for spring, and I did a few spring cleaning chores, but aside from that and some errands, we didn’t do too much which I am fine with. I know once spring hits we will be in the garden or yard, though I plan to control myself on what we plant this year…..I hope. B)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a walk with Jessica Smith and some yoga. Yesterday was Cathe Live Keep the Cardio Coming and Peloton Pilates. And today was STS Meso 1/Back and Biceps and a spin.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry to hear about your refrigerator. Does it stop dispensing water when the panel freezes? You know we have had repeated problems with our Samsung ice maker but just a few weeks ago it stopped dispensing water and after DH had everything apart, he figured out the water line was frozen. :o Not quite sure why. I am just curious if your experience is similar. The latest thing is we lost our freezer light a few weeks ago, and DH believes the switch may be frozen. We went shopping for new fridges a couple of weeks back, but I really don’t want a new fridge, mostly because I have no belief a new one would be any better. So frustrating.

Laurie, great workout. It really sounds like she has a huge variety of workouts. I am glad you are enjoying your time with your grandson, even if he is keeping you on your toes. I hope they enjoy the trip to the zoo. That sounds like so much fun for them. They all may be exhausted by it though. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies! My workouts on Monday were Tracy Steen Low Impact Cardio and Standing Abs, Walking, Mobility.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend! Sounds like you need baby a baby gate for the steps! I hope the baby had a good time at the zoo!
    How nice that your dd continues to improve her condo!

Great job getting a workout in!

Giving the refrigerator a deep clean is always a good thing. It's not like we have the opportunity to have it completely empty every day.
    Thanks so much for the vest link. I hope to remember to ask the PT if I can wear a weighted vest. Thanks for letting me know that it's lose on you. I'll have to read the reviews. That's the kind of vest I was looking at, but there are way too many choices!

Laurel, great workouts!
    Having a quiet weekend is a good thing. Especially for your two!

Our refrigerator doesn't dispense water. The ice is a drawer inside in the freezer. The line that freezes DH says is the return line. It's the line where the condensation goes down to, I guess. It has a heating element that freezes. I knew it wasn't the water line because we still get ice. The return line drains out somewhere. After searching and searching online, I found a DIY YT video for the exact problem we have with our fridge. This line is behind the back panel inside the fridge. DH unplugs the fridge and starts heating the panel with a blow dryer until the ice all around the panel melts so he can remove it. The little hole where this line goes into is behind the panel. He hits the specific area with hot air from the blow dryer to try to melt the ice. Eventually, he pours hot water down the hole. He repeats the process over and over again until he hears the water go down the drain. The water he pours into the hole has to be drained out manually because the bottom is frozen still. It occurred to me that he needed something to syphon the water out of the hole. I found a syringe with skinny tubbing attached to it. He's now ready for the next time this happens.

I bet the problem you have with the water line is similar to our return line problem. Maybe you can search YT for the specific problems you are having. It really is frustrating. We're trying to make our fridge last as long as possible. Even though it's a pain in the neck to do it, DH loves fixing things, so he sort of likes the challenge. I agree with you that a new refrigerator will also have its own set of problems.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We have a cleaning day here at work, and of course I've been dealing with a hard to get part for a few weeks now. Availability is only via China, and it can be difficult to get things approved by the company to purchase. I'm slowly cleaning my desk as I get the chance. :)

DH, youngest and baby all had a good time at the zoo. DH said that the baby liked the animals that where up close, like the big fish tank. Pointing to the others was something that he didn't comprehend.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! I did a little laugh when I read that you where going to control yourself on new plants. I know that each year I look at all the plants, and eventually buy something. With this crazy weather, I have to wonder how our plants will do. Today is going to be in the 70's and then plunge into the 30's. So we may have snow tomorrow. You are right, baby was really tired after all the fresh air, he had a solid nap when they got home.

Thelma, Love all the workouts! That defrosting of the refrigerator panel is a job for sure. We don't have a panel on our refrigerator, but right now the ice maker seems to be working overtime. Sometimes it makes way to much ice, and other times not enough. The new carpeting really looks nice, and I'm sure that she is super happy not to have anymore of that nasty carpeting. Hope you are able to find a vest that works for you.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I decided to change things up today because of something Laurie said a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to do STS Meso 1 Disc 3/Legs. I hadn’t planned on doing anything from Meso 1 this rotation, but when I snuck in a Meso 3 Legs workout, Laurie said something like ‘Good choice keeping Meso 1 out’, which I agreed with completely…..and still do after doing this workout. :D:D But, for whatever reason, I felt like something a little more endurance based today, so I did it. I will be feeling it later for sure. But I followed it with a light and short cardio—Cathe Live Low Impact HiiT with Active Recovery Express.

Thelma, great workouts. Thank you for all of the information on your refrigerator! Probably because we have a door dispenser, I know DH was able to access the frozen line from a panel in the top of the refrigerator, but other than that, it sounds like a very similar problem. DH seemed to think it was caused by the fact I keep our refrigerator on the cold side, but I have always kept our refrigerators on the cold side and never had anything like this freeze before. I love the usability of the Samsung refrigerators, but I think when we replace it we will go with Bosch. They are more expensive, but I would like to think that would translate into reliability. I know we won’t go with GE because of what happened to our GE dishwasher and oven here (both dying before the five year point and in very dramatic instantaneous ways). But, like you, since DH likes fixing things, we will get along with this fridge for as long as we can.

Laurie, that does not sound like a fun day at work. But I am glad your grandson enjoyed the zoo. I just love the wonder in children when they see something new. Your weather sounds just like ours will be tomorrow…..70 and dropping to freezing. But it looks short-lived. I think I may have more success in holding off on plants this year because I told DH before the year started that this is our year of getting rid of stuff. In the five years we have been here, we have really filled out a house that is much too big for us, and that is not a good thing. So I am trying to go through a cupboard, closet, table drawer, whatever every week and get rid of something that we never use. We have made huge inroads in our attic so far, but one of the areas we really need to work on is our under-the-deck space. We seem to have saved every plant pot we have ever used, and that’s a lot. So I want to get rid of them more than I want to buy more right now…..which is very good. Hopefully that lasts through our first trip to the nursery. B) Thanks for the Meso 1 inspiration! :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies! My workouts on Monday were Tracy Steen Killer Leg Day Circuit, Walking, Mobility. The leg workout was great. It had 3 circuits of 5 exercises. Each circuit was repeated 3 times. I was able to do step ups onto 4 risers + the step. I used the stack of risers I am using for the bike. The bike is next to a window, so I held on to the window lock.
    I also did the Bulgarian squats with my foot on a chair, and I held on to my weight rack. I loved being able to do those exercises.

PT continues to go well, and I keep getting new exercises. I got one today that I've have to figure out how I'm going to do it, but I think I've a way. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Laurie, how often do you have cleaning days? You would think that purchases that can only be acquired from a certain vendor would get approved easily!

I'm so glad everyone had a good time at the zoo!
    Defrosting that refrigerator is definitely a job. You may have a panel somewhere behind a refrigerator wall like we do. You would never know the stuff is there because it's covered by the refrigerator's internal back wall.
    Maybe all ice makers are faulty!
    I'm sure your dd is happy to have gotten rid of that old carpet. Does she still have more improvements to do?
    I forgot to ask the PT if I could wear a weighted vest!

Laurel, great workouts! Good for you for challenging yourself! I don't think I would've taken Laurie's comment on Meso 1 as a challenge though! LOL

I remember we had a problem with had a problem with our ice maker back in MA, and that was a door ice and water dispenser. It was a matter of finding a part, but I can't remember what the exact problem was. I would also hope that buying a more expensive brand like Bosch will translate into better quality and durability. I don't blame you for not getting a GE product again!
    BTW, you better stay away from the garden centers if you want to control yourself with new plants. LOL. I lose all willpower once I'm at the garden center.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited February 28
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was Michelle's Full Body Barre, Pilates & Core. These type of workouts seem easy, but sure do feel it afterward.

Laurel, I'm impressed that you pulled out a Meso 1 leg workout, so great job! I'm sure that those type of workouts really do hit you in different places that the heavy weight ones don't. Great job with ending the session with lighter cardio. If you have those pots that the plants came in, some garden centers will reuse those. I know that our garden center will take them back, and it doesn't matter where you purchased them from. Good for you getting through those items one at a time. Tackling a project like that can be daunting at times, but taking little bites at a time makes it so much better. I'm hoping to tackle our closet on Friday. Hoping that I will be able to take the day off, and that project seems to be a good one for when baby is taking his nap.

Thelma, Awesome job with the workouts! I have to steal your idea for the bulgarian squats. Holding onto something will probably help me enjoy that move more. Just feel unstable sometimes, and that makes it more unfriendly to my knees. They only have one day a year for cleaning, but the production associates are suppose to be cleaning their area every day, and also their machine. Of course this doesn't happen, so it starts looking bad around here. I have gone into our maintenance area and experienced annoyance about how cluttered and dirty it is. Especially when I see items that I have ordered for them just sitting on a random cart, and not in a cabinet or specified location. DD is going to have her hardwood floors refinished, remodel the kitchen and give her very small back yard some love. Of course DH is going to help with the kitchen and back yard. :D There was an article in the Wall Street Journal recently titled The Lifespan of Appliances is Shrinking. Found it interesting.

Have a great day!
    Laurie