NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    edited March 16
    Options
    @cbabie Oh no, no wonder he's so upset! That sounds awful. Yeah 4 hours a night is definitely not enough. Thanks, more on the inserts later. I did enjoy my work-from-home day!

@fabgeekmom Thanks! I'm glad your food was good. Your son got a cookbook about bad backs? That's interesting, I wonder how the recipes differ? I love ribeyes.

@theslightedgeforever I guess it depends on where you live when they are in season. What's so special about the Mason jars that keeps them from spoiling, I wonder? I've had inserts in my shoes all along but they haven't really helped (and they are expensive custom-formed to your foot ones). That's great that you found they work for you. How's your incline program coming? Did you start the 10 mins a day yet?

Hi all. I got the inserts, I'm actually adding them on top of my other inserts. I tried them yesterday afternoon on top of the others and they actually helped a bit, which is good because I have a busy day ahead of me. I'm getting groceries this morning and then about an hour later, going to meet a friend at the zoo. Then later, my husband and I are going to a play but will walk around a little in the area first. Dinner before at home: air fryer salmon + asparagus.

Water yesterday: 15 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

5bgwpueavjde.png
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I hope the inserts work. I have read that some people find relief from rolling their feet on a frozen water bottle. The cookbook is called The Healthy Back Kitchen. There seem to be less steps and easier recipes. You know thatvATK can be quite complicated. Hi, all. Cooler temperatures are back. Not freezing but probably normal for this time of the year. I need to go grocery shopping this morning. My son is making ATK loaded nachos and cast iron pan brownies tonight. I’ll ride my bike hoping to get a calorie deficit.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! ☘️

Hope everyone is well! Seems like I’m busier during the time between classes than during the actual class lol. Glad it’s almost spring and looking forward to more outside time.

Have Zumba this morning, Aqua tomorrow and Zumba on Tuesday this week!

Have a great day everyone!

~ Missy
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. Yes, that helps too. Oh that's a good idea for a cookbook. Yes, ATK can be. Yum, nachos! Good job with the bike.

@gemwolf110 Happy Sunday and St Patrick's Day to you as well! Have fun with all of that Zumba, good on you!

HI all. I lasted about 2 hours at the zoo and had to leave. My foot hurt the rest of the day. We went to the play last night but didn't walk around first. The play wasn't too good but oh well. We didn't pay much for the tickets. I'm going to take it easy today but I do have to go to Sam's Club for a couple of things.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @gemw1010 Good to hear from you! @trooworld Too bad about your feet and the play not being good. I like going to Sam’s Club, too. Hi, all. Today was a nice day. We went to the botanical gardens today and walked around. There were a lot of trees and plants blooming. We came home and I prepared zucchini turkey meatballs from the air fryer cookbook. It was really good. We ate dinner at my daughter’s house. She made egg roll in a bowl. We have brownies and cookies for dessert. I saved up calories.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. Yes, that helps too. Oh that's a good idea for a cookbook. Yes, ATK can be. Yum, nachos! Good job with the bike.

@gemwolf110 Happy Sunday and St Patrick's Day to you as well! Have fun with all of that Zumba, good on you!

HI all. I lasted about 2 hours at the zoo and had to leave. My foot hurt the rest of the day. We went to the play last night but didn't walk around first. The play wasn't too good but oh well. We didn't pay much for the tickets. I'm going to take it easy today but I do have to go to Sam's Club for a couple of things.

Hope your foot feels better soon and sorry to hear about the play not being as well as hoped for. I liked Sam’s club when we had a sams club. Now it’s only BJ’s. There’s rumors of Costco coming but not hopeful.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    fabgeekmom wrote: »
    @gemw1010 Good to hear from you! @trooworld Too bad about your feet and the play not being good. I like going to Sam’s Club, too. Hi, all. Today was a nice day. We went to the botanical gardens today and walked around. There were a lot of trees and plants blooming. We came home and I prepared zucchini turkey meatballs from the air fryer cookbook. It was really good. We ate dinner at my daughter’s house. She made egg roll in a bowl. We have brownies and cookies for dessert. I saved up calories.

That sounds like a wonderful day! That meal sounds delicious!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks for the explanation about the cookbook. That was interesting. I tried the frozen water bottle once and the tennis ball. But I've found relief with my inserts. ooh eggroll in a bowl. That sounds good.

@trooworld No idea about the Mason jars. I've got the one with the little metal clamp. Usually I just keep them in their container but this really extends the freshness of the berries. No on the incline program. I've just been walking with dh everyday.

@gemwolf110 I hope you had a nice St Patty's day. Your exercise routine sounds fun.

Another day of walking with hubby. Today I made butter chicken. It was good but now I have heartburn.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever My husband also found relief from inserts. I’m glad you were able to go walking. Too bad about the heartburn.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks! Your day sounds wonderful. That's good you saved up calories for dessert.

@gemwolf110 Thank you. Yeah I like Sam's Club a lot. Hope you get a Costco.

@theslightedgeforever That's interesting. That's good you've been walking with DH every day, good job. Ugh heartburn.

Hi all. Yesterday, we had great weather. It was a bit chilly (mid to high 60s) but if you were in the sun, it was a really nice day. We sat out on the porch for a while reading and watching birds and then later in the afternoon, we went for a beer in a bustling part of town where there was good people watching. I went to bed at 7 because the night before, I only got 3 3/4 hours of sleep so I was really tired.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, it's been a long weekend with activites. I am tired and was up a lot last night with a bad sore throat. I am tired of being sick. I didn't get an exercise it yesterday, but the day before walked all day at the OdySea and Butterfly exhibit.

@trooworld hope your foot feels better quickly, Glad you got to go to bed early...and that sounds relaxing sitting on the porch reading.

@theslightedgeforever Good job on your continued walks with DH. What is buttered chicken?

@fabgeekmom I bet the gardens were pretty and relaxing. Good job on saving calories so you could enjoy desert worry free. LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Your day sounded really nice. And glad you went to bed early. That must have felt good. @cbabie Sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. Your day at the exhibit sounded fun. Hi, all. DH and I went swimming. It felt good to be in the water. For lunch I had some leftover turkey zucchini meatballs that I cooked in the air fryer and put on a wrap with Dijon mustard and spring mix. I made up the chicken burgers for tonight and also made a yogurt/ light mayonnaise dressing with capers and sun dried tomatoes. Luckily we have no dessert leftover from the weekend.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom So many people I know have plantar fasciitis I wonder how to prevent it?

@trooworld You look like you had a really relaxing day

@cbabie this is butter chicken. Did you go to the dr about your sore throat? Maybe it's strep or something.
    t1dbxmic8u1z.png

No exercise. I made chicken kufta and potatoes in the dutch oven. I think I would have liked the kufta better if I would have fried them. Maybe I will air-fry next time.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sure you are sick of being sick, you poor woman. I hope you feel better soon! That exhibit sounds cool. I love butterflies. There is an exhibit here where you can go into a habitat with a lot of butterflies. It is only in the spring for a few weeks every year. Thanks about my foot. It was relaxing! :)

@fabgeekmom It was really nice. It did feel good to go to bed early! Yay for your swimming. Your wrap sounds good.

@theslightedgeforever I did. That butter chicken looks good. I love butter chicken. Air frying the kufta is a good idea. Are you going to exercise today? A walk with the hubby?

Hi all. Although I went to bed early the other night, it didn't catch me up on my missing sleep. I'm still tired and now have a headache. I just can't stay up late like I used to when I was younger. I really don't feel like going to work but I will. We had air-fried chicken shawarma last night with homemade hummus. It was good but I don't think that was what I was in the mood for. I don't know what I was in the mood for but it wasn't that lol.

Water yesterday: 45 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did't exercise yesterday and ate horrible food. I am going to walk today and do one of my online things. I need to make meal plans when I get off here and buy food. Our pantry and fridge look bare.

@trooworld Sorry you are still tired. I hope your body recoups quickly. Funny how when we don't know what we want nothing taste like it should until we figure it out. I always go back to a scoop of PB. LOL

@fabgeekmom your lunch sounds yummy. glad you enjoyed the water.

@theslightedgeforever yes the chicken looks good, but don't want the heart burn.LOL. hopefully you exercise today.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m sorry you are still tired. It takes a few days to get caught up. The chicken shawarma sounds good even though it wasn’t what you wanted. @cbabie I hope you get your exercise, shopping and other things done today. I agree, heartburn is not worth it. @theslightedgeforever I have never tried chicken kufta before. I’ll have to look it up. Hi, all. It’s cold today. I worked out on my recumbent bike and achieved 2 of my Apple Watch goals. Lunch today is leftover chicken from last week that my son grilled. Dinner is pizza he made last week and froze leftovers. A salad also. We’re making ATK buttermilk ranch dressing.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry about your day. I hope you were able to make a meal plan and get groceries yesterday. Thank you, I think I am also still tired from the time change. That's true! A scoop of PB is always good lol.

@fabgeekmom Yes! It was good. Sorry the weather isn't spring-like. Good job with the bike and achieving 2 of your goals. Food sounds good.

Hi all. We were supposed to have air fried chicken parmesan for dinner but my husband just fried it instead and didn't ask if he could do that. I was mad as I put it in my food diary as air fried but I ate it anyway. I also ate the garlic bread he made (but I bought that so I can't blame him). I went way over my calories.

Water yesterday: 38 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Too bad about last night’s meal. I don’t blame you for being angry. Hi, all. Today is the first full day of spring. The high temperature today is supposed to be 68. So it is getting warmer! Today is a swim day. We are having salmon for dinner tonight. I think my son is going to grill it. He’s putting an orange marmalade glaze on it. Today is a swim day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I had a terrible day yesterday. I was emotionally upset, tired of the "cold" crud and just didn't make some great decisions. However, I cooked Salmon in the air fryer. I had found a recipe that my family loves...(I hate salmon or any other kind of fish) But they love it and it only took about 10 min to cook. I had a bowl of cereal. LOL but ate ice cream later. I did work out today, to that is a step in the right direction.

@trooworld I would have been upset too, but then it seems I always am at my DH lately. LOL. At least your tracked it, more than I have been doing. LOL

@fabgeekmom Yes it is 80 here today, starts out cold then goes hot. I would like cool, then slightly warm. LOL However it's not 30, so it's a win. Orange marmalade I bet is going to be good (if you like salmon)

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes. Nice weather! I hope you enjoyed your swim and the weather. The salmon sounds yummy.

@cbabie I'm sorry about your day. That's good you have an easy salmon recipe. I just made salmon in the air fryer on Saturday, we liked it. Yay for working out! Did you make the meal plan? I did track it.

Hi all. I had a nice day yesterday at work: my officemate didn't come in so I had my office entirely to myself lol. I checked some things off my list that I had to do, so that was also nice. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed at work. I'm almost caught up but for now, it's a bit stressful. We had Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps, which I had made a few weeks ago and liked.

Water yesterday: 42 oz