NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I am sorry you had a bad day. Hopefully today is better. Good job on working out. @trooworld Too bad about work stress. It happens. The chicken wraps sound good. Hi, all. The salmon was good last night and we had leftovers for lunch on a salad. My son and I went to Sam’s Club to get steaks for tomorrow and some other stuff. We’re having leftover turkey ragu that he made last week and froze. I haven’t worked out yet so I will get on the bike and see what I can do.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, I didn't work out today and probably won't get to. I have to get off the sugar. I don't want it, but it calls my name and I answer. LOL

@trooworld glad you had the office to yourself..kind of almost like working at home..LOL. I am doing better thank you.

@fabgeekmom I love chicken wraps..I should make some. I am making teriyaki pork in the crockpot today. I hope you do get your workout in.. I just know i won't. I hate working out unless it's in the early part of the day.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie Teriyaki pork sounds good. Eating more protein helps me to be satisfied and not overdo the sweets. Eating a protein bar in the afternoon also helps.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes. Definitely. I love the steaks from Sam's Club. I hope you enjoyed dinner.

@cbabie Why didn't you get to work out? Too caught up with the kiddos? Yes, I love when my officemate is sick or not there for another reason lol. That's kind of mean but it's the truth. She is controlling and tries to do my job, so I'm glad when she's not there lol. I'm glad you are doing better.

Hi all. I gained again this week. Not much, 1/2 lb, but still it's a gain and the wrong direction. :( We are having beef with barley soup tonight. I'm making it in the instant pot.

Water yesterday: 45 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I did not exercise yesterday and planning on doing my workout after this today. Eating is not really going well, but I plan my plan and will try to work it today. Baby was up and down last night. Not sure if it's teeth or ears. We go next Friday to the Dr to have a recheck. They say as you get older you need less sleep..it's a LIE. lol.

@fabgeekmom Yes I agree on the protein. I forget that I have my bars, as they are in my closet in my bedroom. So I may need a reminder somewhere..LOL

@trooworld sorry about the gain, but 1/2 lb could be water retention. Or not. LOL. I think our weight goes up and down just to keep our minds busy. LOL. I had a coworker that I was glad wasn't there at times...I always got more work done and enjoyed my day. I never acquired a taste for Barley...my sister would tell you I have no taste...LOL

Have a good weekend incase I don't get on here, they are always crazy here. :)

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld That’s too bad about the weight gain. What do you think caused it? And is there anything you can do differently this week? Beef with barley soup sounds good. @cbabie I hope you were able to workout today. I’m sure you are tired with baby getting up so much. Hi, all. I went swimming this morning and went grocery shopping afterwards. I’m looking forward to steak night.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @trooworld How did you airfry the shawarma? Sounds interesting? No exercise the past couple of days.

@cbabie How are you feeling these days? Better? Have you tried salmon or just imagine you don't like it? I know you like McDonalds filet of fish. :D Salmon is the only fish I like except for battered fish with chips

@fabgeekmom How did the dressing turn out? Yaay on riding your bike I had no idea what day it was until you mentioned first day of spring and then realized Shoot I forgot my nieces day 3 days ago. That's what I get for not getting on my computer the past 3 days.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie Barley: :D It's possible you have never eaten it in a good recipe.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I hope you have a better day today. Yes, you are right, it could be water. I HOPE it is! Yeah, it's not like I don't like her, but I just like it better when she's not there lol. I love me some barley in soup. I don't know about any other time lol.

@fabgeekmom I have no idea. I tracked and it doesn't look too bad. I did go to the cafe at breakfasttime once or twice, so I can cut that out. Good job with the swim. I'm getting groceries today.

@theslightedgeforever My husband actually made it. Here is the recipe, it says at the end of the directions to air fry at 400F 4-5 minutes or until cooked through: https://www.skinnytaste.com/shawarma-spiced-grilled-chicken-with-garlic-yogurt/ I hope you get back to exercising soon.

Hi all. We stopped after work for a beer and soft pretzel (which we split) so when I made the soup, I wasn't hungry. I didn't eat any of it but heard it was good. I have a busy day ahead of me: groceries this morning, taking the dogs to get their nails trimmed, trying to do some art this afternoon, and then tonight I'm going to a fundraiser with my sister-in-law. We have to get all dressed up. It is at a natural history museum so it will be fun.

Water yesterday: 24 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Eating at the cafe might have caused water retention as restaurants always add a lot of salt. Hopefully this week will be better. It’s good that you didn’t eat when you weren’t hungry. The museum sounds like fun. @theslightedgeforever By dressing do you mean salad dressing? My son has made a Caesar dressing and a buttermilk ranch dressing. Both were good. @cbabie I hope you had a better day yesterday. Hi, all. It’s raining today so we are staying home. I’ll workout on the bike today. My son is making a shrimp stir fry for dinner tonight. The recipe is in one our new ATK cookbooks. We had planned to grill some chicken but will do that on Tuesday instead.
  • cbabie
    Options
    morning all, waiting to get everyone up or church, so I thought I would pop in. I didn't do well again yesterday, too tired. I am planning on getting a salad after church. I love salad and go. I was hoping to go for a walk today, but it's raining here right now, we will see. I do have my treadmill, but it's hard to do with everyone home.

@trooworld you always have fun events you are going to. I hope you enjoyed it.

@fabgeekmom We must be on the same weather cycle. LOL. We were going to cook out too, but I like salads even better. However, I did cook hot dogs on my Ninja grill last night, they were good.

@theslightedgeforever Yes I have tried salmon and talipia and I just don't like fish unless it's battered and fatting. LOL. I am still sick...last night my throat hurt so bad had to take tylenol. It's been 5 months and I am so over this. I go to the dentist on Thursday...I think it's my teeth, we will see...

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie Sorry you are still sick. I hope you were able to walk the treadmill. Hot dogs on the grill sound good. We don’t have rain today but it is windy and cold. I haven’t been outside yet. Hi, all. I’m tired and sluggish today as I woke up at about 5:00 and never fell back asleep. Despite being tired I worked out on my bike. The Peloton workouts make it fun. I mostly enjoy the playlist and pedal as fast as I can.Tonight we are eating at my daughter’s house. She’s making a Skinnytaste recipe.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks for the shawarma recipe. I'll try it sometime this week. Natural history museum sounds fun.

@fabgeekmom Yes salad dressing. The buttermilk ranch. I'm glad you enjoy your Peloton

@cbabie It seems to be raining everywhere. I know you hate walking in a mall but put the baby in a stroller and walk on the rainy days. Now having said that, I need to get my own routine back.

I made some airfryed cauliflower tots today. They turned out good. I just pressed them into my measuring Tablespoon like a mold. It's oblong and not round. I had some leftover filling and shaped those and threw them in the freezer. I think they will be a good go to comfort food snack if I ever need them.

I need to return to my workouts on my own. Dh hurt his back so he's not walking or doing anything.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom That's true and I hadn't thought about that. Thanks. That's too bad it's been raining. Good job with the bike. That's good the Peloton makes working out fun. The stir fry sounds yummy. I hope you enjoyed dinner at your daughter's.

@cbabie Sorry about your day the other day. It was raining here, too. Thanks, I did enjoy parts of it (more on that later).

@theslightedgeforever I hope you like it. Your tots sound good. Did you add cheese or just cauliflower? That's too bad your DH hurt his back.

Hi all. The event Saturday night was a mixed bag: we had to sit through 3 hours of speeches throughout dinner before we got to the fun dancing part. I occupied my time by drinking free wine lol. I drank too much wine, I felt it yesterday which is why I didn't come on here. I wasn't feeling that well + I didn't sleep much so I was tired. Yesterday, it rained but I thought it had stopped so we drove 45 mins into the mountains to a doggie's sweet 16 party (turned 16 years old). It started raining on the way up there, unfortunately. When we got there, it was cold and windy. I wasn't dressed warm enough. We only stayed 5 minutes because we brought both dogs and Violet was barking at people and it embarrassed us and we didn't want to disrupt the party. So, we drove 45 mins back home lol. Got home and I laid on the couch and napped.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Good idea to freeze something for a snack when you want it. Sorry your DH hurt his back. I hope you get back to exercise. @trooworld Ugh! Sitting 3 hours to listen to speeches. I don’t think I can sit that long. Sorry you felt bad. Also not a good experience with the dogs. No wonder you rested. Hi, all. We went swimming and then grocery shopping. So now I am in my chair resting after lunch. Tonight I am making an ATK air fryer with ground turkey and avocado. Salad and French fries so it’s an easy meal to prepare.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld This is the recipe for the tater tots. https://enjoycleaneating.com/cauliflower-tots-air-fryer/ Too bad about your Saturday night

@fabgeekmom I'm so glad they invented air-fryers. Your swim sounded nice

• trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yeah it was bad lol. Good job with the swim. I hope dinner was good.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for the recipe. Did you use frozen cauliflower rice or fresh cauliflower rice? The recipe doesn't specify. Yeah some of Saturday night was fun (the dancing) and I did get exercise in.

Hi all. I have to drop off my painting at the gallery today so I am getting off a bit early, yay! We had homemade cheeseburgers for dinner last night. They were just okay. My husband made them.

Water yesterday: 65 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Getting off early is good! I know you enjoyed your time off. Hi, all. It’s cold and cloudy here. I worked out on the bike this morning. DH and I had our yearly doctors’ appointments this afternoon. The doctor noticed that I had lost 10 pounds this year and asked if it was intentional. I said yes and gave MFP the credit as he had recommended it last year. My son is grilling chicken for our family meal. I made a salad and we have corn on the cob to microwave. It’s not as good as the corn we’ll get this summer but it’s okay. I ate a protein bar for a snack and now I’m eating some fresh pineapple.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I always "rice" a head of cauliflower with my food processor and then bag up 1 c servings and keep them in my freezer. So technically it was fresh and frozen. lol I like cheesy cauliflower rice so I keep those on hand for a quick snack when I need some comfort food. In the ingredients it listed it as 1 16 oz package of rice. I always jump right to the recipe and never read all the things they write. I'm too impatient.

@fabgeekmom That's so nice that your dr noticed and asked about the weight loss. Fresh corn is nice in the summertime.

I went out with a friend for dinner and my dh is out of town so I made ds some Salisbury steak with gravy and sweet potatoes in the crockpot. I'm having that for leftovers tomorrow
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever My DH loves Salisbury steak and gravy but that is one thing my son and I don’t make. My cousin makes it and brings him some. I love having leftovers.