Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,224 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    GSIM62 wrote: »
    Keep the newsfeed. I’m not interested in making friends on the app, there’s other apps for that. I’m interested in how much calories I’ve burned or what I’m eating, not going public with all my info. I’ve used MFP for over ten years and managed just fine without having to do this.

Don't worry, they are keeping the food diary and exercise log and might even be enhancing those features to connect them up with your new profile and activity feed. They are, after all, the core of MFP. At its core, MFP is a calorie tracking tool.

Right @Betty :smiley:

They are just removing the section where all the auto-posts go. "So-and-so has burned 112 calories walking". That sort of thing.

@Betty could a more thorough announcement be made ... outside this thread .... regarding what exactly is being removed (because it is unsupported technology) and what is staying and any new features. Unfortunately this hasn't been well announced and so I think some might misunderstand what's going and what is staying.

The majority of people who utilized the newsfeed did so because they wanted to stay away from the toxic community forums. Like I said in my previous post the newsfeed was a place where we could “hang out” with only those who fit into our worlds.

The “newsfeed was old, out dated and hard to keep up with” is a poor reason for getting rid of it. If anything it was a key part/selling point of the app. If all the of the smaller fitness apps are capable of having/managing personal newsfeeds I’m kinda shocked a big site like mfp isn’t

Don't tell me. I can't do anything about it. Email the Francisco Partners.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Please save the newsfeed!!! It’s literally the only reason I use MFP!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    @tinkerbellang83, it was an unwelcome surprise that was sprung on us and a rug that was ripped out from underneath us.

This is not the fault of Under Armour. They quietly sold the company to Francisco Partners, a private investment firm located in California years ago. So, FP is the one that are running this formerly successful app/site to the ground.

It's tragic when you started off when it was great as I did and many others and witnessed the decline after the corporate acquisitions. I didn't like UA, but it was better than FP, which seems bent on destroying it with their narrow-minded "we know what is best so screw the prols" attitude.

I had already edited my post to reflect that UA had sold off to even more useless owners after realising they no longer own it. Thanks
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Been trying Lose It this week, and it sorta sucks. I wish MFP would just keep the newsfeed instead.
  • vzeo7
    vzeo7 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    SAVE THE NEWSFEED

MFP has been an integral part of my lifestyle mod/weight loss journey. Knowing that my accountability partner and my trainer were getting updates via the NEWSFEED inspired me to be consistent. I will definitely NOT be renewing my premium membership!
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    This will actually get quite messy if they get rid of the news feed without any adequate replacement. When the majority people are unable to access what they do on a daily basis as routine, there will be significant vitriol that we haven't seen yet.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,224 Member
    Options
    This will actually get quite messy if they get rid of the news feed without any adequate replacement. When the majority people are unable to access what they do on a daily basis as routine, there will be significant vitriol that we haven't seen yet.

What do you suppose the majority of people will not be able to access?
  • TravelingGuru
    TravelingGuru Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Super bummer. I need the support from certain folks on a regular basis.

Now just a $50 calorie tracker? I paid for premium for me and my daughters -- mainly so we could easily connect and support. I'll be canceling mine (not that it matters to anyone!) and my girls.

Just wish they would have announced prior to my April renewal.