Disappointed that the News Feed is being discontinued

Options
2»

Replies

• Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 6
    Options
    I personally did not care for the News Feed. To me it was just a bunch of clutter. It was so repetitious having to scroll through all the posts that said so and so logged in for so many days in a row or that they had completed their food and exercise diary for the day. There were many people that did post informative information. But you had to scroll through all the nonsense just to find it. And as someone else mentioned, I always felt obligated to like or comment.

I don't think that a lot of members realized that they could change their settings as to what would be automatically posted to the News Feed daily. You could check or uncheck the marks to post what you wanted. And, it was possible to set it up where your food and exercise diary was public or viewable to just to your friends. That way if someone was interested in looking at your diary they could go to your profile and take a look.

It was a nice way to share with others. But the automatic News Feed posts were totally unnecessary. That's an idea. Keep the News Feed but get rid of the automatic posts. That way a person could still post "Hey everyone! I just weighed-in and I lost 10 lbs this month!". Just not automatically and daily.

So I'm willing to wait to see what may be in the future.

• Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand what's going on with this. The Activity Feed sounds similar to the News Feed. But are you supposed to type on your Activity box. Or, type on someone else's. Is it private or public? Anyways, it would have been nice if they had posted a tutorial or something. I'm still hopeful. Sometimes it takes a while to work out the bugs.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I can't even see my own wall. I don't think anything I post on others' activity/posts/feed that they can see it either. :(
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    I can't even see my own wall. I don't think anything I post on others' activity/posts/feed that they can see it either. :(

That's weird. I can see your activity feed page, and it looks like I could post on it, too. (I didn't post there, seemed a little rude to do it for no reason.)

Other people have posted on mine, and I can see their posts or reply.

Anyone who wants to post on my activity page to see how it works is welcome to do so. (Just be nice, OK? :flowerforyou:)
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    That's weird. I can see your activity feed page, and it looks like I could post on it, too.

Yes, I can comment on others if I go to their page, but I can't see my own (on the app). 🤷🏻‍♀️

... okay UPDATE: I found your posts on the web version! They aren't on the old profile page. They are on whatever that other page is called that's always existed, but now has the activity feed too.