Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

SAVE THE MFP NEWSFEED

Options

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    My feed is gone now and that sucks! It's my favorite part of the app so please bring it back!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It’s crazy that you removed the best feature of MFP!!!!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    It is very sad that MFP will not do anything, everybody is going to other groups to get away from MFP.
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have been an MFP member since 2011!!! I have used it to lose over 60 pounds and have been an active user on and off again throughout the years. I was VERY upset when you guys took away the barcode scanner and gave it to premium users only. I have stuck around and continued my health journey due to my friends and connections I have made on the community forms. I don't share my fitness journey on other social media platforms!! Why would you take away one of the helpful tools from this app?

When did they take away the barcode scanner from non-Premium users? I still have it.
  • Ellevated
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Also, forgot to mention that the scanner is on the FREE version of the app - so look at MyNetDiary. It’s one of the top reviewed Apps of 2024. Again, can connect fitbits and garmins and has a friends section and has a newsfeed. Also has a dietician on hand to answer questions.

I'm going to check this one out, thank you!
  • Ellevated
    Options
    Well, it finally happened. My News Feed has gone. 😭 I ditched 50lbs over the years here and the removal of this feature is my biggest loss to date.

I have been having a look around MyNetDiary, thanks to @daria0919's recommendation, and their community section seems pretty intuitive.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    It is so dumb that they got rid of the best feature of the app. knowing you are not alone was what drew me to start using it. @Ellevated Dozens of my mfp pals have migrated over to Lose it.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Has anyone looked over MyNetDiary app? It seems to let you find friends and has a newsfeed!! Can sync other apps to it for steps too! It has great reviews, even the most recent ones.

Oh hey, this is promising. The social aspect seems way better than loseit. Also better for me in general as I plan a week in advance, and loseit doesn't let you do that without a subscription.

The recipe creator is where a lot of these guys falter, which is sad as there are great ones readily available online that are as good as MFPs in-built one.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    If anybody wants to try MyNetDiary, I just made a group there similar to the one on loseit for people migrating away from MyFitnessPal.

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/groups/65401
  • Ellevated
    Options
    It is so dumb that they got rid of the best feature of the app. knowing you are not alone was what drew me to start using it. @Ellevated Dozens of my mfp pals have migrated over to Lose it.

Yes, I heard about that, thanks. The name puts me off though. I don't think I'm their target audience.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize what happened, I kept trying different browsers. That was the only reason I've stayed so many years. Bummer, I guess I'll look elsewhere after talking to the pals i kept in touch with.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Came in to search why my feed looked so strange now I see losing the profile went ahead ... considering it's 13th June has anyone found an alternative they like? Been with MFP since 2009 but this is a joke and a huge disappointment 👀
  • fancygirl7312
    fancygirl7312 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    #SAVE OUR NEWS FEEDS I NEED MY MOTIVATION FRIENDS
  • mikemod
    mikemod Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is a horrible decision to remove the news feed. Fitness with PALS is so much more productive than ALONE.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    👋 Hi, popping in to say I'm seeing your tags and discussions and doing my best to read all of your feedback and pass it along.

It may take me some time to respond to questions, but just know that I am seeing them and trying to find or think of solutions for the things that I can control.

@Betty - I bet this app will lose a lot of money because people will not renew their PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS!! Having the privacy and friendships in the NEWSFEED is an extremely unique and important part of MyFitnessPal. I for one will be one of those that will not renew premium if a GREAT solution is not found for keeping the newsfeed or its equivalent for us to keep our privacy and our friends!

Since you say you’re STAFF you surely must have some means of stressing the importance of keeping the newsfeed to the developers. PLEASE HELP US!! - thanks!!

I absolutely regret renewing my premium for a whole year just before finding this out about the news feed.

When I came back this time I was hoping to curate a new news feed with active friends that can help keep me on track. wow. talk about a letdown.

shame on you MFP.
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    Came in to search why my feed looked so strange now I see losing the profile went ahead ... considering it's 13th June has anyone found an alternative they like? Been with MFP since 2009 but this is a joke and a huge disappointment 👀

A bunch of mfp'ers have gone to Loseit
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 790 Member
    Options

A bunch of mfp'ers have gone to Loseit
    MyNetDiary is much better than LoseIt
    @ChellieIrish and @Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra - someone’s already started a MfP defector group - check post above.