Serial Starters

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 656 Member
    Missy, it’s 90 here but not so humid. Son and I did a “strenuous” hike today and I had to stop multiple times. I did it without stopping 30 lbs ago. I also need to use a steroidal inhaler bc my lungs are inflamed fro 2+ years of allergies out-of-control, but can’t until after surgery. My legs felt good although my knees had a hard time with the steep down hill sections.

I’m settled in for the next 3 weeks, then a 3 day hiking trip with a sister, then surgery (knee replacement). Summer feels gone already.

Stay cool, all.
  • NFSthecoolest
    NFSthecoolest Posts: 6 Member
    Yes I am one of the serial starters.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,960 Member
    wtpq2xk0u73q.jpeg
    *** June 23 ***

Good morning all~

I've been enjoying having my cousin here to visit. Tomorrow we will be going to Asheville for a couple of days, then back home, and then she'll leave on Thursday.

Maureen - We won't be going to the beach on this visit, but I am glad to have that info you gave me~

I had horrible dreams last night, and woke up way too early. I am very sleepy.
    Should I try to go back to sleep?

Lana
    268.0 today
  • mkculs13
    A nice, warm weekend. Got my 5 miles in for the past 4 days. I’m tired from climbing Crowder mtn on Thur though. It was awful how winded I was compared to 2 years ago—I really need that steroid for my lungs but will need to wait for most healing to be done in both legs I think.

Got some healthy meals in and had a couple smoothies that are so cool and refreshing. I eat them with a spoon so they last longer.

Hoping everyone is safe from heat and storms and fires.
  • LanaCabana537
    d5ilqrkliydr.jpeg
    *** June 24 ***

Good morning all~

Time to get packed to go to Asheville with cousin Barbara.

*waving at Philip for more black coffee ⛱️*

Lana

267.4 today
  • mkculs13
    Enjoy. Good timing—should be cooler.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,379 Member
    Hello,its Tuesday

Someone at work wrote how angry she was when she thought it was Wednesday only to find it was Tuesday -end of our fiscal year is just so much fun.

Made a macaroni and cheese baked, that was lightyears better than anything else I tried. Key was adding cream cheese.

Lana glad you are having a good time with your cousin. Sightseeing is great for steps.

Hot temps at night has also given me some really bizarre dreams. I am hoping the cool down will help.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    n2c164fb8qja.jpeg
    *** June 26 ***

Happy Wednesday everyone~~

Just getting us started 🌴 Still busy with my cousin....

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    57fuufc0vlh1.jpeg
    *** June 27 ***

Good Day All~~

I'm so tired. At long last my house guest/cousin is on her way, and my other obligations have been moved to next week.

I am exhausted, and I will be having several days doing very little. I love her, but she talks nonstop, which is so very much draining.

While Barbara was here my steps were doubled!! This was without intentional walking.

We are coming up on the weekend...... What do you all have on your agendas???

Lana

268.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1

It is our fiscal year end and I am so happy to be done.

Why is some of my best thinking done in the bathroom? I thought of a commercial for my company. I told my manager as I am not in Marketing (who knows who she knows?) and wrote it all down.

HOT as fire next week the lowest temps I have seen on websites is 105 for great part of next week and as high as 110. Just shake my head.

It is Friday. Time to celebrate not using my alarm clock for 2 days. Hair color and pedicure and maybe a facial as well tomorrow.

• LanaCabana537
    cngvsijadn0f.jpeg
    *** June 29 ***

Happy Saturday everyone~~

Sara - I too am shaking my head at the temps you'll be having. Will you be turning on your music and dancing at home to get in your steps/activity? 💃🏼 👍🏻

It has been very dry here in NC. Some of the smaller neighborhood trees are drooping.
    I've been keeping the back yard water dish filled for the birds and little critters.

*waving at Antoine for a coffee refill 🌴*

Lana

268.6 today
  • TCuffe
    TCuffe Posts: 7 Member
    Trying again.

Currently at 230lbs. Many years ago, I got myself from 260 to 195. I know I can do it again. I've started this journey many times since. Just need to commit.
  • LanaCabana537
    zimx7i69d7b4.jpeg
    *** July 1 ***

Happy July everbody 🎉

It's a good day to have a re-start!
    I'm going grocery shopping, and only good, healthy food is going into my cart 🛒

Lana

268.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Monday eve, happy part is the eve-

99 degrees here at 7pm. Just gross.

I am trying to drink more water and the air quality is stinko. I am trying to get extra steps in, but wont overdo.

• mkculs13
    Hi all. Sara, do things settle down for a spell now? I hope so, given the hear you had/have?

It was very hot and I couldn’t even walk bc of a stupid medical test where I wasn’t supposed to sweat.

But today was glorious early, 68 with a few point of 55! I did over 3 miles with my dogs, some jogging. The last run it was 88 and a few point of 73, and I failed miserably. So this was nice.

I lost half a pound a month for the first half of this year and hope to pick up the pace. I won’t be able to do much for months after the knee replacement—7/17. Hoping for a great outcome.

Lana,, how was Asheville? What’s worth doing if I’m not just hiking? Glad you had fun with your cousin and I hope the mountains were a bit cooler.

We need rain here too!

TTFN.
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 359 Member
    Been here a while have good success but miss the accountability of the newsfeed
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

We could be in for a 2 week heat wave with really hot temps. My issue is not wanting to exercise when it is so hot. I do smaller walks, but that also means smaller totals. I figure it could be even smaller. I do have tomorrow off and might get some steps in early.

Hope everyone has a good Fourth of July.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 4
    Rxman1971 wrote: »
    Been here a while have good success but miss the accountability of the newsfeed

Same here. I think it was a mistake to get rid of it.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,478 Member
    kbo6omdhwssa.jpeg
  • mkculs13
    Sara, can you go to a mall to walk? I go crazy if I can’t get out at least a couple times a week. I’ve always considered mall walking a possible alternative, or a walking treadmill ( diff from a regular treadmill).

Sorry you have to deal with it.