WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Machka - your room looks so fresh and clean.

This is my last week at the school. I think next week I’ll update my resume and start applying for admin jobs. I don’t think there is any possible way, financially, I’ll be able to do this. It makes me so sad and also mad at myself.

I know there was more to comment on, but I think I’m going to head to bed. I’m very tired

Tracey in Edmonton

I can't believe the pay has fallen so much since you started the classes that it now isn't feasible for you. That's really alarming. Have other wages fallen as quickly?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble logging foods in the food diary? The GUI seems messed up. I rebooted and still not right.

Lanette
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited June 18
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble logging foods in the food diary? The GUI seems messed up. I rebooted and still not right.

Lanette

Seems OK now, but I'm getting a "wait a minute til we prove you're a human" or some such page before it lets me in. SSShhhh.... don't give away my secret, lol.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,720 Member
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,629 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,361 Member
    edited June 19
    Options
    taq5o7hfsh7d.jpg

:p Which one are you having?

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,187 Member
    Options
    taq5o7hfsh7d.jpg

:p Which one are you having?

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Vesuvius
    Theodora
    Nutsman
    Almonda (minus the peppers)
    Nadine (with lots of goats cheese)

But with the ingredients listed, I'd ask if I could create my own.

M in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Heather-what is the size of the pizzas? Ours run from personal to extra large. Your prices look similar to most of our large size. And I would have the meathead.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,361 Member
    Options
    Ginny - The pizzas are about 10" -12" across I think. But they are thin, like real Italian pizzas, and cooked on a stone floor, to gas flame. This place is not wood fired , like Fatto a Mano, :'( but the dough is 24 hour sourdough. It is considered bad form to have slices, which is often a cheaper, more commercial, doughy type. You normally have one each, but that is expensive for takeaway!
    It is literally around the corner from us. Haven't had one for months now, but it's a good fallback.

Just about to take a short stroll outside. I will take one crutch.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Kylia-great news on kitties! The vet sounds great-delivers meds?
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Morning, my chickens, feeling well rested this morning and clear-headed. Appreciate that.

Kylia - So pleased the babies are thriving. You definitely picked the right vet on the second try.

Heather - Have fun with your friends - you don't have to be the perfect host, you know... but I get the the need to feel like one. I'd order the Funghii, with some added olives, prosciutto and possibly pepperoni if it's good. I do love mushrooms.

In fact, last night, my dinner was baby bella mushrooms sautéed in roasted garlic, olive oil, and butter, then added a few tablespoons of my homemade pesto, deglazed it all with a little white wine and turned it into a pan sauce, served with two Italian meatballs over basmati rice. Corey had a half dozen meatballs (I made and froze them a while back) with potato pancakes made from the garlic mash from Monday night. Plus he ate a third of my dinner, once I ate all I could. Really fun seeing what you can turn leftovers into.

Cor brought me home a cooling towel - apparently they had ordered 30 of them at work, and the guys don't use them, so he brought me one to try. I will definitely use them for outside work - if it can keep my core temp down, it's worth it, and I'm going to be soaking wet with sweat anyway the minute I step outside.

Got six of the ten kitchen window panes covered with the UV film yesterday. Am getting better and faster at it as I go along, thank goodness--but by the time I get really good at, I'll be done...👀😜 Another version of Murphy's Law.

Got iced tea brewing, once that's done, I'll walk the trash down, check to see if any mail came in yesterday, and get a few outside things done. Then back inside to do more on the windows. The heat won't let up again anytime soon, so best to get them finished before it's up over 100 degrees... we're still just getting up to the low 90s now. (32C +)

Later, my dears,
    Love,
    Lisa in aR