Rambling Random Hot Moms (Closed)

Options

Replies

• JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    how can I become a member of the hot moms??:)
  • helena98
    Options
    193.4 today. One more free day before I start my job on Wednesday!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    NV2Hl.jpg
  • helena98
    Options
    Yay, Team! We LOST this week! We lost 14.7 lbs on our very first weigh in, 5.1 on the second, and gaining or only losing 1-2 lbs/wk ever since. 4.8 lbs this week is a great number! Many thanks to Daisy, who lost 3.8 lbs this week!!!!!

Life's been interesting, but I think I'm just having a hard time wondering what's gonna happen at home when I start work tomorrow. I haven't worked full-time in over six years! I'm mainly hoping that my kids will enjoy their daycare/after school care arrangements, which will make my worries go away. I'm also hoping that being away from my kitchen will end my afternoon grazing habits. I'm not gonna work out super long and hard anymore -- just can't squeeze it in with my new schedule -- but I do want to work out short and hard. Overall, this will REALLY train me to watch what I'm eating. Someone once told me that losing weight was 20% exercise and 80% diet. Since I can't have big burns, earning me big treats to eat, I'll need to keep my daily calories within my limits. I'm excited for this change!

I'm also watching my carbs. Another "someone" shared these stats with me:

The "Carbohydrate Curve" from Primal Blueprint <marksdailyapple.com>
    0-50 g carbs per day---ketosis and accelerated fat burning
    <100 g carbs per day---Sweet Spot for EFFORTLESS WEIGHT LOSS
    100-150 g carbs per day---maintaining weight
    150-300 g carbs per day---steady insidious weight gain
    >300 g carbs per day---increased risk of health problems

I LOVE the idea of "effortless weight loss." I usually eat anywhere from 250-350 grams of carbs a day. (Hmmmm...maybe that's why my weight loss is SO slow!) I'm not sure if I can ever drop below 100 g, but I'm gonna aim for 200 for a couple of weeks, then 150, then 100.

I'm nixing the weekly challenges cuz I'm not sure if they're helping anyone.

I also think I will start a new topic thread for the 40 ladies still sticking with "Hot Moms." Some groups have very few postings, and with a large group posting, maybe we can keep each other motivated. Thoughts? Ideas? What will help you in your weight loss journey?

I feel like I got stuck in a leader role with all my charts & tracking, but I'm failing BIG TIME when it comes to actual numbers. (Oh where, oh where has Chari gone???) Maybe since life has "settled" here (no job hunting, new work schedule), I can finally accept that leader mantle and step it up....

And that ends "Rambling Random Thoughts from Helen."
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Helen-I like the idea of starting a post for us "Hot Moms" that are left:) I hope you have a great day at the new job.
    Hope all of you have a great day!!!! Don't let life get in the way of your success today-I am going to pack my lunch right now. No school lunch for me today-I always overeat!!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    It's all good to me! I appreciated the weekly challenges--that's what got me started exercising again! Thanks!! No worries if you don't keep them up. I have daily challenges from the bootcamp I am doing and that keeps me hopping. I feel so much more alive since starting exercise again. It's amazing the difference it makes!

Quote for the day!

"Believe in yourself. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face… You must do that which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

I am game for any thing you want to do Helen. Thanks for taking charge and making it all work! Your charts are awesome! I am so not good with numbers!! Best of luck with the new job today.

My husband comes home late tonight and I am very excited. I don't like having him gone. I am working like crazy to get the house in shape so he can be surprised when he gets home. I have so much clutter and chaos from the last year of pregnancy/new baby. I just kinda gave up for a while. Now that the baby is 6 months I feel as though I am climbing out of a cocoon.

I got a speeding ticket yesterday. So frustrating. I was late to pick up my daughter from school and speeding (of course) All my fault because I had left my hubby's office later than I had planned I now have to pay for it. I was upset for being caught but more upset for not being there to pick up my daughter. Thankfully we have good friends that picked her up for me.
  • badbrat2005
    Options
    Ok ladies, so I want your opinion. When I have the money should I buy a three month pass to the gym for $110 or the Weight Watchers Deluxe At Home Kit for $129,95? Here is the link to the Weight Watchers one so you can see what is included. http://www.weightwatchers.com/Templates/Marketing/At_Home_2col.aspx?pageid=1036091 Let me know your opinions ladies.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Ok ladies, so I want your opinion. When I have the money should I buy a three month pass to the gym for $110 or the Weight Watchers Deluxe At Home Kit for $129,95? Here is the link to the Weight Watchers one so you can see what is included. http://www.weightwatchers.com/Templates/Marketing/At_Home_2col.aspx?pageid=1036091 Let me know your opinions ladies.

So this is totally depending on what you need. I found that MFP was more motivating to me than weight watchers as I didn't care about the freebies as much as the points. With MFP seeing 20 cals for Lettuce and 110 for a cookie just made sense in my brain. I have never had a gym membership but really prefer working out at home. I can do it when ever I want to and not drive. I just know that I would pay and never go. So I have Jillians 30 day shred and p90x which I absolutely love! What are you expecting to get for your money? The answer to that will determine your decision.

If you are looking for accountability we could give that. If you are looking for a structured meal plan WW can help with that. But we could also help with that if you want. I am really liking this boot camp I have joined, it was $90, and I am getting daily emails and things to do--I still have to write a letter to my future self as to why I don't want to go back to where I am now, I've just been too busy to do it yet. I don't know about you but I have issues with my brain--I know how to eat and how to exercise, I just need to learn how to make the right choices instead of thinking I shouldn't eat that and still do it anyway.
  • debnu1
    Options

So this is totally depending on what you need. I found that MFP was more motivating to me than weight watchers as I didn't care about the freebies as much as the points. With MFP seeing 20 cals for Lettuce and 110 for a cookie just made sense in my brain. I have never had a gym membership but really prefer working out at home. I can do it when ever I want to and not drive. I just know that I would pay and never go. So I have Jillians 30 day shred and p90x which I absolutely love! What are you expecting to get for your money? The answer to that will determine your decision.

If you are looking for accountability we could give that. If you are looking for a structured meal plan WW can help with that. But we could also help with that if you want. I am really liking this boot camp I have joined, it was $90, and I am getting daily emails and things to do--I still have to write a letter to my future self as to why I don't want to go back to where I am now, I've just been too busy to do it yet. I don't know about you but I have issues with my brain--I know how to eat and how to exercise, I just need to learn how to make the right choices instead of thinking I shouldn't eat that and still do it anyway.
  • CeeEssGee
    CeeEssGee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Do you have any openings in your group for a random hot mom?
  • badbrat2005
    Options
    Ok, so maybe a better idea would be a piece of exercise equipment or something that I can use at home. You do have a point in the sense I hate people seeing me work out. So maybe like a treadmill or elliptical or something like that instead. What you think there? If I am going to buy somthing along those lines what should I get?
  • debnu1
    Options
    In equipment I started with an exercise bike. It was a cheap one that hurt to sit for along time. Although I once rode for 90 minutes when I set it up in front of my cOmputer. I also would read books or watch tv while riding. It worked great for me. In fact I have missed it lately as I wouldnt mind getting back in the groove again with one. I then graduated to a treadmill my hubby bought for me and still use that it of course worked best with some sort of distraction like reading tv especially biggest loser. I have done coch to 5k and running walking and slow walking when pregnant. I think it is the most versatile. I have never used an elliptical but I hear they are easier on your knees--lower impact. They are more expensive though. I tried running outside and felt like everyone was staring at me. That got me wanting the treadmill. Look at what you already have and do and see what you think you want to evolve to.
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    NEW GROUP TOPIC THREAD!

Hi Ladies!

I decided to create a new "Hot Moms" group thread that will include all moms in all groups. I'll start posting weekly charts there instead of posting them in each individual group thread. Hope you'll join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357225-hot-moms-closed-group-7-18-to-12-31
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    Thank you Helen for bringing everyone back together.
    Sorry I had to just disappear for a bit... but most of anything I had to say at the time was negative, and I try not to put others through that :smile:

I feel like I'm back on track, I've still been a bit indulgent, but have stayed within acceptable calories. I've discovered that my biggest issue on this journey is keeping moving, so I have adjusted my payment schedule to pay more for workouts and less for the water I have no problem at all reaching... ya know, put the motivation where I need it right.

Ok, so my question with the new thread is.... do you want us to update here and I still do the group chart, or does that help you at all with your big one in the other thread... which looks totally awesome btw! Are we going to continue posting here too? I'm terrible about posting... maybe I should make that a goal, daily check-ins instead of just when I have something to say...
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 182 today-so sad-aren't I suppose to be losing? So sorry girls. It was discouraging, especially since I weighed immediately after I worked out and lifted. Boo hoo.
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Ok, so my question with the new thread is.... do you want us to update here and I still do the group chart, or does that help you at all with your big one in the other thread... which looks totally awesome btw! Are we going to continue posting here too? I'm terrible about posting... maybe I should make that a goal, daily check-ins instead of just when I have something to say...

Sorry for the confusion! Everyone will still participate in their individual groups. I mainly created the "Hot Moms" main group thread for those who want more friends and more messages. You can either post your weigh-ins here or the main group thread. Either way, I will check both and then post a new progress chart every Wednesday night.

Some captains have stopped posting weekly charts. It helps me, but do whatever is easiest for you.

Checking in at 194.2 today. A small gain due to my lack of exercise and overeating with my new job, but I'm thrilled it's not more than a pound!! I even got in a short workout after work today. :smile:
  • badbrat2005
    Options
    194.6 was my weigh in yesterday. I like todays number better. I sat down and planned out my food for the night so as long as I stick to it I will be under my calorie goal. It even includes a can of soda for my caffeine perk up when I feel about ready to crash lol
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    My weigh in yesterday was 197.8, so up a pound. Back down half a pound this morning though. Think I slacked off my water this weekend.
    I reset my days logged in... by not logging one day... cause I just felt I was portraying a consistency that wasn't reality.
    Got my walk in this evening... gonna have to stick to three laps around the school for a week or so, then up it to 4. I feel like I'm starting all over, but my feet hurt after a bit ya know.

It's awesome you have been able to work in some caffeine. My husband has been getting me some of those 5hour energy shots. They have virtually no calories and they really do give me a boost and a half. But if I was to drink one too late, I'd be up all night... which doesn't happen when I work in a Dr. Pepper.

I will post our weekly chart here in a minute, before bed for sure. I like to help where I can :smile:

I've heard that you can weigh more directly after a workout cause your muscles are repairing themselves which holds on to water, but not as long as elevated sodium will. I don't know how much truth there was in it though.

Ok, let's have a great week :drinker:
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    QxpLM.jpg

Did not see a post in either thread from Deb or Sugar, sorry if I missed them
  • debnu1
    Options
    Coulda sworn I posted my weight. It is 187.5. A loss hooray!!

I am having a terrible time beating this cold. I have not exercised as I am having a hard enough time breathing as it is. I hate coughing!! It makes it hard to sleep too. Go figure I am actually feeling motivated again hooray!! I reworked my goals to the end of the year. I am going to start running and the 30ds. As soon as this cough wains enough to run!

When was the last time you looked at your goals?