WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited September 26
    Hello, dear hearts,

Busy day for me... but productive. Rain in the middle of the night pulled me right straight out of the bed to go shut windows, but Corey didn't even stir - that extra workday on Saturday really takes it out of him... one day of rest instead of two days off just really isn't enough.

But, not enough sleep, even though I slept in until 4 (it's all relative, the term "sleeping in" 😂

Thank you to those who commented on brands and styles of washers. I was able to read everyone's posts, including Mo's (you talk as much as I do! Well done!😹) but held onto very little. More tomorrow,

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,996 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,808 Member
    ;)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,533 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,092 Member
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,166 Member
    What is everyone making for dinner- I need some ideas-
    No class tonight so I have more time to cook.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,872 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,166 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s dance class was the first time in weeks I was able to dance the whole ltime. Thankful the rib pain has eased and the stamina is returning after the summer cold from heck. Felt GOOD!

Debbie, I’d be very very uncomfortable not knowing how much we as a couple had in the bank, or what the bills are. Do you suspect his spending has put you in debt?

Vicki and Tracy ((hugs)) it must be so frustrating, and scary, to have the responsibility of paying the bills but not the control of DHs’ spending (or in Rodgers case deciding whether or not to work.) ((hugs)). I’d resent the $$ being burned up too. IMHO if he insists on smoking, he must work to pay for it, but I realize that might not work for you. If you do write it out, can you keep it to three bullet points? That seems to be the male maximum. For example:
    Monthly outgo: $XXXX.
    Monthly income with Tracey working and Rodger on EI $XXX difference =short fall
    Monthly income with both working. $XXXX difference =to the good.
    Good luck, I’m rooting for you both!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections

No, I know we are not in debt- no housepayment(paid that off 2 yrs before he retired along with the car payment we had at the time). He talks about how much is each account(have accounts at different banks)
    He hasn't worked the past two weeks but he is still getting his pension, I am working part time and getting a small amount for SS(mine is low because I worked for myself most of my working years-just worked at preschools three different times). I do need to have him write all the accounts(payable and receivable) so I know what is coming in and going out. With his health and state of mind- it is something I need to know sooner,rather than later- he just tells me, everything is in the blue folder in his filing cabinet.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,092 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    What is everyone making for dinner- I need some ideas-
    No class tonight so I have more time to cook.

We are camping, so fajitas or pasta tonight, I picked pasta w/chicken (shredded). Yesterday was chicken nachos, day before that was club sandwiches, befor that was sausage gravy and biscuits, his gravy is made from scratch, he makes the biscuits. We have pretty good camping food. Last day will be tuna sandwiches so he doesn’t have to cook anything.