Cathe Fans Part 5

1503504505506507509»

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,623 Member
    Hi ladies! We are safe and Helene moved east, so we got speared. Thank God and thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

I didn't to post last night because I was convinced it was Saturday!

My in-laws got here safely yesterday afternoon. They are serious board game players. They came with a custom made board, the kind you use marbles with, AND a duffle bags with gsmes! I'm screwrd! LOL

DH talked with his brother before they got here and told him that by the time they got here, they'd be able to EAT off of the floor! HAHAHA! I made him work hard in deep cleaning the house.

DH moved my plants and chickens to the garage and secured the deck furniture, too.

I made my Neapolitan pizza dough for them and made them pizza for dinner. I also made a sourdough banana read. I had no idea my BIL loved banana bread! He was very thankful for the special treatment and had tears in his eyes when he was thanking me.
    I'm going to make my cinnamon raisin bread for them today.

Great workouts ladies. I got an indoor walking workout in yesterday. I might be able to get a short workout in later on today, but dought it.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday's workout was Epic Heat Day 18 Diamond Chest & Core. This was an awesome but challenging workout. This morning I tried out another new instructor. I did a Beginner Stretch Flexibility Routine with Tom Merrick. Even with it being a beginner workout, it was a very good routine for the hips. Will be trying some of his other options for mobility improvement.

I will probably not be on next week. We are heading up to my mom's early Monday morning, and not coming back until Thursday.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts, even with the sore legs. I don't feel like a Senior, but if they give discounts for that option then I'm all for it. Just can't stand the fact that my body wants to protest things that I took for granted just a few years ago. I will be concentrating a lot more on the stretching/mobility work from now on. It really does help. I think that Jessica will be in my morning rotation a lot more. She can hit those areas that other instructors seem to miss.

Thelma, Glad to hear that the hurricane isn't going to hit your area. Sounds like some very good food that you made. How nice that your BIL was so appreciative of your making that bread. I'm sure that you will get your workouts in when you are able.

Have a great week ahead!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,874 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Meso 2 Disc 15/Back and Biceps, STS Medicine Ball Abs and Cathe Live Kick, Box and Sweat.

Thelma, I am so glad to hear you were spared the worst of Helene. I had my fingers crossed you would be when I saw it shifting to the east. What a horrible storm and my heart goes out to the people who have lost so much. To have a hurricane barrel through four states that quickly is a little horrifying. Even here in south Alabama, we had some power outages. We missed the bulk of it where we are at. It has been rainy and pretty windy, but that is not a complaint at all. I am glad your in-laws made it safely and are appreciating your baking efforts. I hope you can relax and enjoy your time with them this weekend…..even if they do beat you in board games. :D;)

Laurie, great workouts. I agree about the rapidly changing body. I am amazed at how much mobility I am losing, and I workout daily and focus in mobility quite a bit. I just can’t imagine how I would feel without it. :o I hope all goes well with your mom next week and you can return home to a more normal routine.

Hope you enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was good. It's been rainy, drizzly and cloudy. We got 6.5" of rain from the cold front and Helene. We got .3" more this weekend.

OMG ladies, what a horrific tragedy in NC! My heart breaks for all those people. DH and I had decided to live in Ashville or somewhere in Maggie Valley right before we discovered Blue Ridge. We discovered BR during one of our Ashville vacations.

Our main supermarket in this area is Ingles. Ingles Supermarkets are headquartered in Asheville, NC! Their operations and food warehouses are there! THAT is affecting us big time. We've lost part of our food supply. If you go to that supermarket you have to have exact change.
    Their pharmacy system is down, so no prescriptions can be filled.

On top of the NC situation, I'm hearing the port workers are going to go on strike. I guess we'll be hurting for food here pretty soon.

My in-law's visit has gone well. I have not played a single game. I just can't and won't. The dread factor is too much for me. They and DH have played games for hours at-a-time. I've kept myself busy doing other things including baking a daily dessert. Their visit has been extended and I'm totally on board with that as long as they leave me out of their games.
    I resumed my normal exercise routine on Sunday afternoon because I've only been squeezing walks in.

Thursday - Saturday - walking
    Sunday - Walking and Tracy Steen Sexy Arms. I did a Tracy workout because I was too tired to do a Beastmode workout.
    I'm going back to my yoga classes tomorrow morning.

Laurie, great workouts!

I hope your mom is doing better. I'm sure she'll appreciate the time you're going to spend helping her.

My in-laws are really appreciative of everything we've made for them and for the time spent together. My SIL came here for the mountain views. She's yet to see the view in all its glory because it's been super cloudy.

Laurel, great workouts!
    Did you read Cathe's update on the new program. I think she's hoping to be able to ship them out in October.

OMG Laurel, we are so lucky the hurricane changed its path. I am terribly upset over the tragedy in NC. It really is horrifying to think of all the damage one hurricane caused. They're saying another one could potentially form next week. It wasn't very windy here at all, but a few people lost power.
    I'm so glad you missed the bulk of the storm.

I've enjoyed the time with my in-laws because they're nice and they've not pressured me to play games.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,874 Member
    edited September 30
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty good. We had rain both days, but it cleared enough on Saturday to give us a chance to clean up after the storm and do our yearly overseeding and fertilization of the grass. It is still pretty cloudy today, which is surprising.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a walk with Jessica Smith and Cathe Live Yoga and Mobility Stretch. Yesterday was STS 2.0 Lower Body 1 and 4DS Lower Intensity Step and core. Today was 2.0 Upper Body 1 and a 30 minute spin.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you enjoying the time with your in-laws and you have been able to skip the game playing. I agree about the devastation in NC. One of DHs co-workers and his very pregnant wife were in Asheville when the storm hit. DH finally heard from them yesterday and they had a place, food and water but left to head south to Hendersonville this morning. That is as far as they could get in their gasoline. So DH and another co-worker are driving there now with gas (and tons of water for anybody who might need it). It is just horrifying what is going on. We have plans to go to Asheville for New Year’s Eve this year, and I doubt that will happen. It is just so sad for that community. Then, like you, I just read about the longshoreman strike and another new storm, and I kind of just want to go back to bed. :/ Your grocery situation sounds alarming, to be honest. I hope it doesn’t get much worse with all of this other stuff going on as well.

But, as you said, there is good news from Cathe and the new series. I am very anxious to get these workouts because I think they will be perfect for my current rotation.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • kylemarakovits239
    kylemarakovits239 Posts: 49 Member
    Hey fitzfour and girls how are you ladies and girls doing today I did a 30 Minute Peloton All for one Music festival rides now and All of them are very intense 1-2 + climbs and sprints jogs intervals
    You girls single?
  • kylemarakovits239
    kylemarakovits239 Posts: 49 Member
    Hey girls my peloton bike rides are very intense are you girls single and any girl is in their 20s. Please direct message me okay
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, Monday's workouts were walking and Warm Yinyasa.

Laurel, great workouts. How nice that Cathe has live mobility workouts.

I'm glad your DHs coworker and wife are OK! How nice of your DH and co-worker to be going to NC with much needed supplies.
    We also are mobilizing here in BR with supplies to be driven up to NC.
    It doesn't sound like your trip to Asheville will be possible given the devastation.

We have a Walmart and a smaller supermarket, but I hear they're getting slammed now. No one wants to go to Ingles and be bothered with having exact change.

I am looking forward to receiving Cathe's new DVDs.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma