JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

1757677787981»

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,892 Member

Oct 2024: :

September flew by. Oct 3 - 8 we went over to Oxford with daughter to help granddaughter move into her new apartment. Elder grandson flew over to join us on 5 Oct. Then had flu/Covid boosters last Thursday. Low energy for a few days, but no other I’ll effects, thankfully.

Life goes on space.

~ Continue with Solid Habits
    👌👌👌👌👌👌👌
    👌👌👌👌👌👌👌
    👌

~ Weigh less at the end of the month
    30 July: 142.1[/b]
    30 Aug: 140.2
    5 Sept: 140.1
    12 Sept: 140.1
    15 Sept: 139.1 Almost a whoosh 😜
    16 Oct: 138.2

🦋 Terri 🐬

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 983 Member

Lots to fit in today. So many papers to grade...and an unanticipated road trip today.

Recap Tuesday 10/15
    Log - :)
    Healthy choices -
    Hydrate - :)
    Walk - No
    Chores - Got some laundry done
    Prep/Grading - :)
    Post office - Partially successful - cell phone battery cannot be sent priority, so I need to deliver it in person
    Reschedule cardiologist - Not yet
    Clean up email - Made a start
    Relax - :)
    Sleep - Fair

JFT Wednesday 10/16
    Log
    Healthy choices
    Hydrate
    Walk
    Chores
    Prep/Grading
    Dinner with younger son
    Reschedule cardiologist
    Clean up email
    Relax
    Sleep
  • beachwalker99
    5# Challenge - Weigh on Wednesdays
    SW 207.4
    GW: 202.4
    10/2: 207.4
    10/9: 205.6 - Mostly water, I think, since I just started up again, but still a nice drop.
    10/16: 202.8 - The rest of the retained water and some real progress.

@mytime6630 - Thank you again Joan for setting up this month's challenge. It's really helped me get back on track with logging and making better choices. Because I'm paying attention to the nutrition info again, I'm doing much better staying under my sodium limit.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,454 Member
    @HappyDonkey75 I had similar fears after a particularly awful bicycle wreck. Like you it wasn't my first wreck, but it was one I couldn't get over easily. There was an entire year that I was debilitated by fear. I went from riding 100-200 miles a week to no being able to mount my bike. I would go to the bike path and cry because the fear of lifting my 2nd foot to the pedal was so frightening. It took me a good 2 years to get back on the bike and ride. I still don't ride as carefree as I once did, but I do get out some. It was a form of PTSD, I'd never experienced anything like it.

So glad you are back to riding! That is no small feet.

@PackerFanInGB so glad to see you back. You were missed!

Anyone heard from @Snowflake1968 or was it 1964?

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 3,073 Member
    JFT for 10/16/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 10/12), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (no more of French chocolate, none of French fruit candy, peeps, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/9)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/17
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 10/15) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/11)
    9) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 10/15)
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 10/15)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 10/15)
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) Turkey patties ok today. (last 10/14)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,420 Member
    @PackerFanInGB- welcome back. Congrats on your scan results. So glad to see your getting out and enjoying the Stay Strong Program .

Today is kind of a big day for me in a way. Its the 1 year anniversary of a big horse riding accident I was involved in . It was a very serious injury.
    Taking falls and accepting you might get hurt once in a while come with the equestrian territory. I have had my share of getting banged up, suffered plenty of bruises, smashed or broken toes, a torn ligament, bloody noses, split lips and even a few concussions but never have I experienced being so violently tossed off and injured so badly . I did a lot of damage to my femoral artery and my femoral nerve and a vast amount of soft tissue damage due to what is referred to as an internal degloving injury.
    Two surgeries and ton of PT and exercises to build back strength and I have been back to riding again all summer. I still have nerve damage and may never totally regain full strength in that quad but I fight for every day.
    Not going to lie, climbing back in the saddle the first few times was HARD .
    The phrase about fear ran through my mind a lot during that recovery time. I had a choice to make.
    Forget everything and run or Face everything and rise.
    There were several times I came close to selling any of my remaining horses and throwing in the towel completely
    I just wanted to take a moment to remind myself that we can overcome very difficult things it just comes down to mindset. I am still struggling with the confidence thing sometimes but its gotten better and I will keep on fighting. Horses are my therapy, sanctuary, peace. I can't imagine life without them.

Thank you for sharing this with us. How inspiring that you face your fears and that you continue to grow and heal. I love the phrase you shared…”forget everything and run or Face everything and rise”. How true…I need to remember this, 🫂❤️
  • PackerFanInGB
    @HappyDonkey75 I had similar fears after a particularly awful bicycle wreck. Like you it wasn't my first wreck, but it was one I couldn't get over easily. There was an entire year that I was debilitated by fear. I went from riding 100-200 miles a week to no being able to mount my bike. I would go to the bike path and cry because the fear of lifting my 2nd foot to the pedal was so frightening. It took me a good 2 years to get back on the bike and ride. I still don't ride as carefree as I once did, but I do get out some. It was a form of PTSD, I'd never experienced anything like it.

So glad you are back to riding! That is no small feet.

@PackerFanInGB so glad to see you back. You were missed!

Anyone heard from @Snowflake1968 or was it 1964?

Thank you!! I hope all is well with you. I’m still trying to catch up because I am over 200 posts behind. Oy! 🤦🏻‍♀️😆
  • PackerFanInGB

Just For Today - Tuesday 10/15
    1. Create 24 Hour Plan and Assess yesterday's. ⭐️
    2. Drink 64 oz water. 🚫
    3. Close my activity rings on Apple Watch. ⭐️
    4. Get outside and "touch a tree". ⭐️
    5. Log every bite on MFP and Complete food diary at the end of the day. ⭐️
    6. Grocery shopping. ⭐️
    7. Mom's for quilting video. ⭐️
    8. Take Calcium and Vitamins. ⭐️
    9. 5 Things declutter. ⭐️
    10. Bedtime Routine - DO IT! You will sleep better. 🚫

Pretty decent day yesterday. Still have over 200 posts to catch up on! I tried catching up some last night, but The Voice was on and I like that show! 🤷🏻‍♀️

I was supposed to go to LiveStrong this morning but I’m not feeling great so I stayed home. Since the group is made up of cancer survivors, I didn’t want to risk giving them my cold. I plan on making some hot tea and sewing this afternoon when I get other stuff done. My husband is going hunting I think, so I’ll have a quiet house most of the afternoon.

My weight/health focus today is to eat for health and not entertainment. I’ve been eating my feelings a lot and I want to change that…there are other more healthy and productive ways to deal with emotions.

It’s a beautiful day so hoping to take a walk and look at the beautiful leaves in the neighborhood, get some quilting done, clean veggies and fruit for easy grabs and salads, dust, floors, laundry, plus an Aldi run for a few things I forgot at the store….

Have a great day everyone!

Just For Today - Wednesday 10/16
    1. Create 24 Hour Plan and Assess yesterday's.
    2. Drink 64 oz water.
    3. Close my activity rings on Apple Watch.
    4. Get outside and "touch a tree".
    5. Log every bite on MFP and Complete food diary at the end of the day.
    6. Clean & prep produce for easy grabbing and salad bar in fridge.
    7. Work on C’s quilt. Practice QAYG method.
    8. Take Calcium and Vitamins. Allergy meds.
    9. 5 Things declutter.
    10. Bedtime Routine - DO IT! You will sleep better.

*Forget everything and run or Face everything and rise.” 💥
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,615 Member
    edited October 16
    @HappyDonkey75 @pridesabtch Wow, I can't imagine having to overcome those feelings to do something I loved. Good on both of you!

I, too, was wondering about Tracie (sp?) @snowflake1968. I miss her posts.

Did anyone else have to re-log into their MFP account on their phone today? That was weird, and I had to reset my password bc of course I don't remember my old one. And btw, did anyone else notice that JFT is only 81 pages, where it had been up to around 118? Odd things in MFP that I'm noticing.

Recap 10/15 T
    1) Walked 3.4 mi :smiley: very windy so kept route to shorter side
    2) Make leek soup & veg for supper too busy all day to want to cook, we heated frozen pizza instead :p / limit snacking / log all food / net calories zero :s -333 / 80 oz. water YAY
    3) Grocery shop / empty compost bucket into bin / empty ceramic bird bath (we may get our first hard freeze tonight) / bring in sensitive plants / WWW paperwork & pmt / vote in Coolest Thing (last day is Wed) / write thank you card to SW / digital declutter / other? ordered Kitty canned food & dog dentals (need to wait for vet approval), a bunch of finance tasks :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 10/16 W ~ Hubby left to visit his 2 sisters. I have the house to myself! That's rare.
    1) Fried green tomatoes for lunch (haven't made in a few years) / make leek soup for supper / limit snacking / log all food / net calories zero / 80 oz. water
    2) Min. 5000 steps / PT exercises
    3) Just write the blessed thank you! / vote in Coolest Thing (I found out daily voting ends tomorrow at noon) / digital declutter / read / wash dishes / call Mom / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    67 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26. Ppl
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
      * zucchini meatloaf (sister) ~ good but hubby prefers classic recipe
      * moussaka America's Test Kitchen tv show ~ very tasty, nice size portions & filling, though complicated with four distinct layers & many prep steps ~ nice to have an alternate eggplant recipe
      * peach cobbler (BH&G) used qt fresh peaches grown in Ripon
      * ratatouille (loveandlemons.com) very good vegetarian dish, uses lots of late summer/early fall veggies
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    July: 5 days x1wk {including Packers 5K}, 4x2, 3x1 {a lot of very hot/humid days}
    August: 5 days x1wk, 4x2, 1x1 {hot/humid & scheduling conflicts}
    September: 5 days x1wk {including Annual Bridge Walk ~ double-crosser on The Mighty Mac}, 4x1, 3x2 {prep & colonoscopy so limited exercise}
    October: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin Women's 5K}, 3x1 {bday & dog/cyst between toes}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June 4x; July 1x; Aug 1x; Sept 0x; Oct
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • Getting close to completion 9.30.24 only 200 km to go!
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July / Aug / Sept /
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (shoot, didn't get selected randomly for waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for 6.8.24 Bellin 10K race ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star: chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      • Registered for 7.20.24 Packers 5K ~ sunny & very warm :star: chip time 49:15 ave. pace 15:51 overall place 1784/2371 / F858/1228 / division F65-69 29/60 / passed by 78 (likely started in walking corral behind me) & I passed 191
      • Annual Bridge Walk on The Mighty Mac w/ C, S, A&D on 9.2.24 & we became double-crossers :star: Fitbit 24,044 steps for day even with 8 hours in the car
      • Registered for 10.5.24 Bellin Women's 5K :star: chip time 49:18 & very happy me! / 263/381 / 13/18 F65-69 / ave. pace first half 16:24 & second half 14:47 / overall ave. pace 15:52
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / drove Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
        ~ overnight visit 7.29-7.30 / saw all 3 brothers, youngest SIL, aunt on M; went to Wine & Unwind with Mom & lady friends T a.m. & afterwards walked 2.84 mi w/ aunt (hot & humid)
        ~ overnight visit 8.13-8.14 / drove Dad to VA Clinic in Beaver Dam for his 7:30 a.m. physical (be there 15 min. early ~ ugh) / saw eldest brother both days & aunt on W
        ~ overnight visit 9.11-9.12 / saw youngest brother after he mowed folks' yard
        ~ overnight visit 10.1-10.2 / aunt visited w/ C's 2 dogs (while C&J in Germany), next morning walked 4.14 mi with aunt & late afternoon saw youngest brother after he mowed folks' yard
        ~ overnight visit 10.23-10.24 planned
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
        7.13.24 farmers market with PZ
        8.1.24 belated bday lunch with PZ
        8.15.24 long phone call with sister
        9.2.24 Annual Bridge Walk at The Mighty Mac Bridge with C, S, A&D ~ Weather was perfect, we became Double Crossers & it was awesome! :star:
        9.14.24 farmers market & The Attic with PZ
        10.14.24 texts & phone call with sister
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,264 Member
    @mytime6630, @pridesabtch, @cschmitz110515, @beachwalker99
    This weight loss journey is HARD and for me it requires being on a routine. For the last month, my routine has gotten shaken up a lot as my parents came to stay for a month long visit. They are elderly , mom has disabilities and dad can have a challenging personality. Not to mention they definitely don't eat the way I need to or want to so we have had way too many sweets in the house. Dad is getting ready for cancer surgery in a week so they head home this week.

My weight blossomed (212) in the last couple of years and I was STUCK, but I realized I was stuck mentally. I had myself convinced that it was just how things were going to be for me, as I aged and dealing with menopause. I sort of resigned to a lie that doctors had put in my head in a way because when I would go see them and ask them what I could do, they said eat less, exercise more.. (which I was already doing) I think I just got discouraged and gave up at some point, But then I had a bit of a wake up call with an injury. My ortho doc said I needed to lose weight and get the added burden off my joints or I would be facing issues for the rest of my life. I don't know why what he said resonated so much but then he said , just losing five lbs is like 15 lbs off your joints. I thought, well I could work on losing 5 lbs.
    I started my effort in May as soon as I recovered from knee surgery . All I could do was ride a stationary bike at the time and do upper body weights but it was something. Did it suck? Yep, 100% sucked . I hurt, I was tired, and didn't love it . But I knew I didn't love feeling that way and the only way to improve was to keep trying.

I am now 30 lbs down from my original weight and I want to lose another 30. I am no expert in any of this but I have learned a few things that help me that maybe will help others. Some days I have no motivation but then I look at a photo of myself at my heaviest and I don't want to look that way so it helps me stay on track.

Figure out your BMR and Calorie deficit first (using MFP and the BMR calculator online) Set your target calories. MEAL PLAN . I hate it and as much as I hate to admit it, it does help. I find that at the end of the day, dinner plans were my weak point. I have to have something ready to grab because I don't love cooking .Drink more water than you think you ever want to , and find a good water flavoring powder with vitamins if you need something tastier than plain water, get a good daily pre/probiotic. Get 25-30 g of fiber per day. Metamucil has been a lifesaver for me. Journal and make notes . Track everything you eat. Even if its bad.

Some days are HARD . I find setting small attainable goals on those days help. Go for a 20 min walk with the dog, drink one extra glass of water, etc. Find something I can be successful at and then I build from that on those tougher days. Often times I end up realizing I can do more and end up doing more.

Hope this helps someone.

Somehow I missed this post.. OM.. thank you for posting this!!! And congratulations on losing so much weight.. very proud of you!! Yes, that extra weight on our joints is real. My biggest issue I think is lack of meal planning. I have ingredients here.. and in the morning "kinda" plan dinner.. then hubby will want something different (saying hes not in the mood for fish.. but wants pizza, or burgers). It does get frustrating at times. Ha.. I should tell him to cook his own food LOL). But for me, its not even about my meals.. which I think are pretty healthy. Its the grazing and snacking that gets me all the time. I can easily eat an extra 500-1000 calories just in that. So thats where my focus need to be.
    But.. thank you so much for taking the time to inspire all of us!
  • mytime6630
    edited October 16
    OCTOBER CHALLENGE - Posting mondays (posting now because I totally forgot.. and need to stay accountable).

5# challenge for the month of October.
    Joan: SW 10/7: 208
    10/7 206.8
    10/14 208. Back up again, but its my own fault.. too much nite time snacking and not enough water again.

5# challenge goal by Nov 1st: 203
  • mytime6630
    edited October 16
    I need to make this a priority again...
    Its late in the day, but I will set my goals for the rest of the day, because the evenings are always the hardest for me.
    JFT, Wed, 10/16
    1. log all food.. do this no matter what I eat, and finish it before I go to bed so its totally up to date. Yes.. I need to log in that extra food I eat at 9 pm
    2. concentrate on water.. remember tiny habits
    3. tiny habit: Each bathroom break.. drink a glass of water. Keep red cup in bathroom
    4. concentrate on protein, sugar, carbs, and calories.
    5. already went to silver sneakers class.. go for bike ride also

So many that I know that have lost weight, and have seen a nutritionist tell me that at my age... carbs are the enemy. Yes, some carbs are good, but not the simple carbs, and carbs should stay below 100 (preferable around 60). Wow.. that is hard. My carbs are always so high! So I'm trying to track this as well.. I do good for like 3 days, then I get off. Not because I'm craving carbs.. because I am trying to eat anything but in moderation.. its more because of just bad habits. A bad habit of grabbing a bananna (which BTW.. is loaded with sugar and carbs). So, I need to be more mindful of this!
  • mytime6630
    edited October 16
    5# Challenge - Weigh on Wednesdays
    SW 207.4
    GW: 202.4
    10/2: 207.4
    10/9: 205.6 - Mostly water, I think, since I just started up again, but still a nice drop.
    10/16: 202.8 - The rest of the retained water and some real progress.

@mytime6630 - Thank you again Joan for setting up this month's challenge. It's really helped me get back on track with logging and making better choices. Because I'm paying attention to the nutrition info again, I'm doing much better staying under my sodium limit.

You are doing great!!!
  • mytime6630

Just For Today - Tuesday 10/15
    1. Create 24 Hour Plan and Assess yesterday's. ⭐️
    2. Drink 64 oz water. 🚫
    3. Close my activity rings on Apple Watch. ⭐️
    4. Get outside and "touch a tree". ⭐️
    5. Log every bite on MFP and Complete food diary at the end of the day. ⭐️
    6. Grocery shopping. ⭐️
    7. Mom's for quilting video. ⭐️
    8. Take Calcium and Vitamins. ⭐️
    9. 5 Things declutter. ⭐️
    10. Bedtime Routine - DO IT! You will sleep better. 🚫

Pretty decent day yesterday. Still have over 200 posts to catch up on! I tried catching up some last night, but The Voice was on and I like that show! 🤷🏻‍♀️

I was supposed to go to LiveStrong this morning but I’m not feeling great so I stayed home. Since the group is made up of cancer survivors, I didn’t want to risk giving them my cold. I plan on making some hot tea and sewing this afternoon when I get other stuff done. My husband is going hunting I think, so I’ll have a quiet house most of the afternoon.

My weight/health focus today is to eat for health and not entertainment. I’ve been eating my feelings a lot and I want to change that…there are other more healthy and productive ways to deal with emotions.

It’s a beautiful day so hoping to take a walk and look at the beautiful leaves in the neighborhood, get some quilting done, clean veggies and fruit for easy grabs and salads, dust, floors, laundry, plus an Aldi run for a few things I forgot at the store….

Have a great day everyone!

Just For Today - Wednesday 10/16
    1. Create 24 Hour Plan and Assess yesterday's.
    2. Drink 64 oz water.
    3. Close my activity rings on Apple Watch.
    4. Get outside and "touch a tree".
    5. Log every bite on MFP and Complete food diary at the end of the day.
    6. Clean & prep produce for easy grabbing and salad bar in fridge.
    7. Work on C’s quilt. Practice QAYG method.
    8. Take Calcium and Vitamins. Allergy meds.
    9. 5 Things declutter.
    10. Bedtime Routine - DO IT! You will sleep better.

*Forget everything and run or Face everything and rise.” 💥

I am so happy that you like the LIVESTRONG class! I have gotten so used to exercise now.. I love how it makes me feel. I am enjoying the SS class... it uses muscles I don't use with just the treadmill and machines.. mostly the core muscles. Ha.. now if it would only help me to lose weight though! I so agree about eating for health not entertainment.. ha.. that is me!
    I love your list... especially about go outside and touch a tree. Enjoying these simple things is what life is about!
  • PackerFanInGB
    @HappyDonkey75 @pridesabtch Wow, I can't imagine having to overcome those feelings to do something I loved. Good on both of you!

I, too, was wondering about Tracie (sp?) @snowflake1968. I miss her posts.

Did anyone else have to re-log into their MFP account on their phone today? That was weird, and I had to reset my password bc of course I don't remember my old one. And btw, did anyone else notice that JFT is only 81 pages, where it had been up to around 118? Odd things in MFP that I'm noticing.

I noticed that about the number of pages in JFT today too! Yesterday I took note of which page number I left off on because I’m trying to catch up on posts…I thought I was supposed to start reading on page 110 today, but when I logged in there were only like 80 pages! I thought that was odd…glad it wasn’t just me! 🤷🏻‍♀️😬
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 10/16/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 10/12), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (no more of French chocolate, none of French fruit candy, peeps, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/9)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/17✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 10/15) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️Didn't eat today.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/11)✔️
    9) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 10/15)✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 10/15)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 10/15)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Turkey patties ok today. (last 10/14)✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 10/17/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (no more of French chocolate, none of French fruit candy, peeps, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/16)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 10/15) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/11)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 10/15)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 10/15)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 10/15)
    16) No turkey patties ok today. (last 10/14)
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

[/quote]

• mytime6630

JFT, Wed, 10/16
    1. log all food.. do this no matter what I eat, and finish it before I go to bed so its totally up to date. Yes.. I need to log in that extra food I eat at 9 pm :)
    2. concentrate on water.. remember tiny habits :)
    3. tiny habit: Each bathroom break.. drink a glass of water. Keep red cup in bathroom :)
    4. concentrate on protein, sugar, carbs, and calories. >:)
    5. already went to silver sneakers class.. go for bike ride also :)

Trying to post before bed so I keep myself accountable.. and close the kitchen! Its 10 pm.. I've done OK tonite with no snacking. I think I got in maybe only 2 glasses of water today though.. but at least have my red cup out.

• more_freggies76
    JFT for 10/17/24 (today)✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 10/16)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 10/15)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 10/15)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 10/15)
    16) No turkey patties ok today. (last 10/14)
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited October 17
    @TerriRichardson112 - Thank you for your message! I am proud of having determined a method that works for me and that has rescued me from years of binge eating. It puts so much of the worry and analyzing and self-incrimination behind me. Sometimes I get a little embarrassed posting Hour Commitments so much, but it does work for me :/ Have a great day!

Well, I just noticed that Terri's comment was way back in August. As some of you have said, MFP seems to be showing those comments now instead of the most recent.

Anyway, don't know if I thanked you then, so this still stands.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,454 Member
    Yesterday was rough. Work was stressful and I had a ton of errands to get done before going to trivia, but most of the errands weren't bad. I went by mom's vet office to get records for her doggo. Picked up mom & dog and took them to Pet Smart to get a nail trim and pick up some dog food. Took mom home and visited a bit. Rushed across town to try to squeeze in a manicure. While I was there mom called twice. First time she left a message saying she needed pet food, which she didn't. I was able to answer the second call, but it was rather disturbing. She asked if I was coming over. I explained that I had already been there that day and told her what all we did. She had zero recollection of the day, and was scared and confused. I went back over after my nail appointment. She was very distraught and couldn't figure out what to do. I told her there were really only 2 choices right now. One was to hire someone to come over a couple of hours each day to remind her to take her medication and for some basic companionship, and the other was assisted living. She kind of freaked out on me, yelling that she wasn't leaving her house. We talked some more, and I told her of a conversation we had last year when her memory loss first began. She told me that when things got bad she wanted to go to assisted living. I promised her then that when it needed to happen I would do it, but that she wouldn't like it. She isn't to that point yet, but she does need a little bit of home health care. Honestly, if she would just answer her phone, I could call and give her the reminders myself. It was a very exhausting and stressful conversation for both of us. I contemplated just going home, but decided to go ahead and show up late for trivia. Glad I did, I really didn't want to be alone.

Today after work, I'm making the drive back up to Kent to take my daughter her meds that got delivered to the house. That is 6hrs round trip in the car after work. I'll probably grab dinner with her while I'm there then head home. Guessing I'll get back around 11:00pm. Yawn... but I love seeing her. The tough part will be not snacking on the car ride. When I get tired I tend to snack to stay wake. Not good, but true and better than falling asleep driving.

Thanks giving me a place to vent. I don't share these details in the real world. I don't need folks to feel sorry for me. I just needed to get it out. It will be okay, and if I need to drive over there every morning I will, but for now I'm looking to hire someone. I've been on care.com today looking at profiles and sending messages to prospective caregivers. It's an easy job, it sucks that it is $15 - $18/hour. Not sure how long her savings will last.

JFT Thursday
    - Breath
  • beachwalker99
    Playing catch-up with work because I wound up filling my time with stuff for my kids. My daughter came over for after I got home from class to get help with her hair. I touch up her roots for her every so often, and she wanted them done before her social events this weekend. (It's odd to hear her talk about the few grey hairs that are coming in.) Then I drove up to my son's to drop off his cell phone battery. It's a much longer drive in traffic, so I stayed and had dinner and got home late. It was nice to visit with him and his partner, and we had a lovely meal at their local Italian restaurant. Lots of calories, but I divided my meal in half and sent the rest home with my son. Today I'll meet up with my daughter to help her with her costume and go down to my mom's tomorrow.

Recap Wednesday 10/16
    Log - :)
    Healthy choices - Low on protein and veggies, but I did stay under my calorie and sodium limit.
    Hydrate - :)
    Walk - :)
    Chores - Minimal
    Prep/Grading - Minimal
    Dinner with younger son - :)<3
    Reschedule cardiologist - Still need to do this. I might put it off until I go in for the ECAT monitor on Monday. The appointment I need to reschedule is the follow-up a month later.
    Clean up email - No
    Relax - Got in late, but took a bit of time to unwind.
    Sleep - Fair

JFT Thursday 10/17
    Log
    Healthy choices
    Hydrate
    Walk?
    Chores
    Prep/Grading
    Dinner with Mom?
    Reschedule cardiologist?
    Clean up email
    Relax
    Sleep
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,615 Member
    edited October 17
    @pridesabtch Vent all you want. That's what I had to do when my MIL, who lived with us for 11+ years, had advancing dementia. Virtual (((hugs)))!

Recap 10/16 W ~ Hubby left to visit his 2 sisters. I have the house to myself! That's rare.
    1) Fried green tomatoes for lunch (haven't made in a few years) / make leek soup for supper / limit snacking ~ middle of day went a little sideways but ended well / log all food ~ yes / net calories zero :( -290 / 80 oz. water :smiley:
    2) Min. 5000 steps :smiley: / PT exercises >:) put off during busy afternoon then just didn't feel like it
    3) Just write the blessed thank you! :s / vote in Coolest Thing (I found out daily voting ends tomorrow at noon) / digital declutter / read / wash dishes / call Mom <3 / other? rehearsed song for choir, cleaned toilets, washed glass for 4 light fixtures (layers of dust were starting to disgust me LOL) & found replacement bulb in cupboard that will do :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 10/17 R ~ temps warming up a bit for rest of the week
    1) Make hamburgers & roasted veg for supper / log all food / limit snacks / 80 oz. water
    2) Walk
    3) Final vote for Coolest Thing / wash dishes / move plants back outside / fill another (final?) gallon jug from rain barrel / just write the blessed thank you! / rehearse song for choir / digital declutter / read / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    67 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26. Ppl
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
      * zucchini meatloaf (sister) ~ good but hubby prefers classic recipe
      * moussaka America's Test Kitchen tv show ~ very tasty, nice size portions & filling, though complicated with four distinct layers & many prep steps ~ nice to have an alternate eggplant recipe
      * peach cobbler (BH&G) used qt fresh peaches grown in Ripon
      * ratatouille (loveandlemons.com) very good vegetarian dish, uses lots of late summer/early fall veggies
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    July: 5 days x1wk {including Packers 5K}, 4x2, 3x1 {a lot of very hot/humid days}
    August: 5 days x1wk, 4x2, 1x1 {hot/humid & scheduling conflicts}
    September: 5 days x1wk {including Annual Bridge Walk ~ double-crosser on The Mighty Mac}, 4x1, 3x2 {prep & colonoscopy so limited exercise}
    October: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin Women's 5K}, 3x1 {bday & dog/cyst between toes}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June 4x; July 1x; Aug 1x; Sept 0x; Oct
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • Getting close to completion 9.30.24 only 200 km to go!
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July / Aug / Sept /
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (shoot, didn't get selected randomly for waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for 6.8.24 Bellin 10K race ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star: chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      • Registered for 7.20.24 Packers 5K ~ sunny & very warm :star: chip time 49:15 ave. pace 15:51 overall place 1784/2371 / F858/1228 / division F65-69 29/60 / passed by 78 (likely started in walking corral behind me) & I passed 191
      • Annual Bridge Walk on The Mighty Mac w/ C, S, A&D on 9.2.24 & we became double-crossers :star: Fitbit 24,044 steps for day even with 8 hours in the car
      • Registered for 10.5.24 Bellin Women's 5K :star: chip time 49:18 & very happy me! / 263/381 / 13/18 F65-69 / ave. pace first half 16:24 & second half 14:47 / overall ave. pace 15:52
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / drove Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
        ~ overnight visit 7.29-7.30 / saw all 3 brothers, youngest SIL, aunt on M; went to Wine & Unwind with Mom & lady friends T a.m. & afterwards walked 2.84 mi w/ aunt (hot & humid)
        ~ overnight visit 8.13-8.14 / drove Dad to VA Clinic in Beaver Dam for his 7:30 a.m. physical (be there 15 min. early ~ ugh) / saw eldest brother both days & aunt on W
        ~ overnight visit 9.11-9.12 / saw youngest brother after he mowed folks' yard
        ~ overnight visit 10.1-10.2 / aunt visited w/ C's 2 dogs (while C&J in Germany), next morning walked 4.14 mi with aunt & late afternoon saw youngest brother after he mowed folks' yard
        ~ overnight visit 10.23-10.24 planned
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
        7.13.24 farmers market with PZ
        8.1.24 belated bday lunch with PZ
        8.15.24 long phone call with sister
        9.2.24 Annual Bridge Walk at The Mighty Mac Bridge with C, S, A&D ~ Weather was perfect, we became Double Crossers & it was awesome! :star:
        9.14.24 farmers market & The Attic with PZ
        10.14.24 texts & phone call with sister
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • mytime6630
    Late again posting my goals, which I didn't get to post last nite. Got interrupted, and just never got back on the computer.
    but, logged all my food, and now, I need to consider the kitchen closed for the nite. No more food.. drink water.
    JFT, 10/18
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. tiny habit-- drink water each bathroom break. Keep red cup in bathroom
    4. finish sewing embroidery blocks. I don't know why I'm struggling to get this done.. guess i'm just not into it. Making 2 baby quilts for my brothers granddaughters, but I think I'm just in a slump.. can't seem to get/stay motivated! But.. the babies are premies still in the hospital.. so I have time.
  • mytime6630
    @pridesabtch; -- Hugs to you! I took care of my mother, but that was because of cancer, so I never experience what you are going through with your mother. I can't imagine how hard that must be. All I can say is vent all you want here... we are all here for you with many hugs to you! Your such a good daughter... your mother is lucky to have you in her life.