30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    going to try and do double shred tonight as its weigh day tomorrow! I didn't lose last week so really want to this week!

xxxx
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Monkey ~ I'm sure you're going to lose this week! Do the Shreds still make you sweat? I get just a little sweaty if I do one, but then I sweat buckets if I do doubles. Its really cold here: 35 degrees outside and hubby almost let the wood stove go out! I may be doing my Shred early just to warm up!! XOXO
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Monkey ~ I'm sure you're going to lose this week! Do the Shreds still make you sweat? I get just a little sweaty if I do one, but then I sweat buckets if I do doubles. Its really cold here: 35 degrees outside and hubby almost let the wood stove go out! I may be doing my Shred early just to warm up!! XOXO

oh yes the still make me sweat lol! Ha i love how your really cold is our summer! its 13 degrees here but feels colder!

Im going to go home, check me dad is ok (he's having an op today) then do my shred and make dinner for the family

xxx
  • statia152
    Options
    You're a good daughter! So what are you making for dinner? Was the stuffed peppers last night or tonight (i get messed up with the time difference, just sipping on first coffee of the day)? I'm thinking of making some chicken soup and maybe Shepard's pie (hamburg, corn and mashed potatoes).
  • Pidders89
    Options
    You're a good daughter! So what are you making for dinner? Was the stuffed peppers last night or tonight (i get messed up with the time difference, just sipping on first coffee of the day)? I'm thinking of making some chicken soup and maybe Shepard's pie (hamburg, corn and mashed potatoes).

Hehe yeah the time difference confuses me abit too, the stuffed peppers are tonight..looking forward to them too :) ooo i might start making my own soup! would be great to take into work now its cold!

xxxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Hiya.

Sorry I haven't been around much, Have been feeling a bit down after Tuesday. :frown:

Did my shred on Tuesday morning before going to the hospital but didn't do it yesterday as I went through a phase of thinking 'what's the point'. Went way over my calories too by eating crap. :frown:

But today I woke up feeling pretty good. So I did 20 mins of yoga, Couple of mins of step up's and my shred. Day 9 Level 2.

Not noticing much difference anymore though and my 1 and a half inches that came off early in the begining seems to have found their way back. :ohwell:

Never mind, Tomorrow is another day.

You guys are great and can do great things. Don't give up! :bigsmile:
  • statia152
    Options
    Hiya.

Sorry I haven't been around much, Have been feeling a bit down after Tuesday. :frown:

Did my shred on Tuesday morning before going to the hospital but didn't do it yesterday as I went through a phase of thinking 'what's the point'. Went way over my calories too by eating crap. :frown:

But today I woke up feeling pretty good. So I did 20 mins of yoga, Couple of mins of step up's and my shred. Day 9 Level 2.

Not noticing much difference anymore though and my 1 and a half inches that came off early in the begining seems to have found their way back. :ohwell:

Isn't it laser surgery they do to break up the stones? Hmmm ... maybe not? Either way, think of the great shape you'll be in for the surgery! It should cut your recovery time in half, yes? And there are plenty of exercises you can do from a chair or bed. You can have an occasional bad day, but you'd better get back to your usual spunky self or Monkey and I will just have to come over there and poke you with your stick! :tongue: We are here to support you and motivate you, no matter what!! Ok? Glad to see you've come to your senses and did your Shred today :happy: I know you feel better for doing it! And I expect the same tomorrow! (poke, poke) Keep us updated on your health status. XOXO Its freezing here, but I'm going for a walk to get my blood circulating. Talk to you later. :heart:
  • statia152
    Options

Hehe yeah the time difference confuses me abit too, the stuffed peppers are tonight..looking forward to them too :) ooo i might start making my own soup! would be great to take into work now its cold!

xxxx

I think soup is the best "diet" food ever! (except for my cream of broccoli and cheese -- lots and lots of cheese) Skim off the fat, add lean meats and loads of veggies! Hubby likes noodles, so I cook them on the side. I have a fabulous recipe for V-8 veggie soup: In a large pot, add 4 chicken boullion to a quart of water (more or less depending on amount planning to make), sliced cabbage, onions, carrots and celery (if you like parsnips or turnip, add these too). Simmer until veggies are soft. Then add a large container of V-8 juice and a few shakes of hot pepper flakes. The flavor of the soup is better the next day. Hubby sprinkles with parm cheese. I hate cooked cabbage, but I love it in this soup!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Hiya.

Isn't it laser surgery they do to break up the stones? Hmmm ... maybe not? Either way, think of the great shape you'll be in for the surgery! It should cut your recovery time in half, yes? And there are plenty of exercises you can do from a chair or bed. You can have an occasional bad day, but you'd better get back to your usual spunky self or Monkey and I will just have to come over there and poke you with your stick! :tongue: We are here to support you and motivate you, no matter what!! Ok? Glad to see you've come to your senses and did your Shred today :happy: I know you feel better for doing it! And I expect the same tomorrow! (poke, poke) Keep us updated on your health status. XOXO Its freezing here, but I'm going for a walk to get my blood circulating. Talk to you later. :heart:

At least you know it was bad food choice though hun so you know not to keep doing it :)

Like Statia said we are here to support you not just regarding exercise so keep us updated :)
    xxxxxx
  • Pidders89
    Options

xxxx

I think soup is the best "diet" food ever! (except for my cream of broccoli and cheese -- lots and lots of cheese) Skim off the fat, add lean meats and loads of veggies! Hubby likes noodles, so I cook them on the side. I have a fabulous recipe for V-8 veggie soup: In a large pot, add 4 chicken boullion to a quart of water (more or less depending on amount planning to make), sliced cabbage, onions, carrots and celery (if you like parsnips or turnip, add these too). Simmer until veggies are soft. Then add a large container of V-8 juice and a few shakes of hot pepper flakes. The flavor of the soup is better the next day. Hubby sprinkles with parm cheese. I hate cooked cabbage, but I love it in this soup!

I haven't heard of V-8 juice? i will see if we get it in the UK. im going to do some googling for soup recipes (with nutritional info of coarse!)

xxxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    V-8 Juice is tomato juice with other veggie juices in it (carrot, spinach, watercress ...) Its low in cals and fantastic! It tastes like tomato juice with tang. We have low sodium and spicy varieties as well. Its a great snack, sometimes I warm it up as a healthier option for tomato soup.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    V-8 Juice is tomato juice with other veggie juices in it (carrot, spinach, watercress ...) Its low in cals and fantastic! It tastes like tomato juice with tang. We have low sodium and spicy varieties as well. Its a great snack, sometimes I warm it up as a healthier option for tomato soup.

ooo sounds lovely :D xxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Hiya.

At least you know it was bad food choice though hun so you know not to keep doing it :)

Like Statia said we are here to support you not just regarding exercise so keep us updated :)
    xxxxxx

Hiya.

Thanks guys, It's really appreciated. :happy:
    Not sure how they break the stones, but it's keyhole surgery. It's the surgery that worries me, but still, There's nothing I can do at this point so I'm not going to worry about it. :bigsmile:

Well, I bought a HRM which came this morning, I tried it out during my shred ( day 10 level 2 - yay me :smile: ) The hrm said my max heart rate was 228 but It also said that I only burnt 113 calories. Surely that can't be right?
    I burnt 7 cals just sitting in the car earlier coming home from shopping.
    It just seems like a lot of sweating, puffing and groaning for very little.
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong as it reads 113 98 but the 98 are smaller in size to the 113. Haven't a clue.
    Me and technology never have got on. :ohwell:

Looking forward to level 3 tomorrow though. Then when its all over I'm going to start back over with level 1 :bigsmile:

Well done to the newbies to the thread. Sorry I haven't been around much to help. I've been sulking. Lol. :laugh:

Pointy stick poking has resumed. :tongue:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Your right that doesnt seem a lot :S strange!

Well i havent lost again this week :( this my body is just maintaining so gunna have a switch round of my diet and more exercise try and boost it again.

Dont worry about the surgery jayne im sure it will all go fine :)

xxxx
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Thanks Monkey.

Do you know If Statia is ok? It's been a while since anyone was in here. *Tumbleweed rolling* :tongue:

Sorry to hear that you didn't lose anything this week so I really hope that the switch around of your diet kick starts things again.

Didn't do my shred yesterday as I just didn't seem to have the time, but I got right into it today.

Day 1 Level 3. It was a strange one as in one way I found it harder that level 2 but it also seems a lot easier too... Hmmm :happy:

Thinking of finishing the last 10 days then jumping up to 2 shreds a day. I'm also going to see if I can jog for a bit too.... (ok then maybe fast walking. Lol) :laugh:

Anyway, Hope your all ok and keeping up with the shred. You CAN do it. :drinker:
  • lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I don't post much mostly just read. This post is one that helped me to decide to try Jillian. Wanted to post my results.

It was 30 days yesterday since I started. Although I did not make it 30 days in a row I did all I could. I am just starting the 3rd workout. Can't wait to see what the end of the next 30 days holds!

Weight 169.6/165.6 4lbs
    Neck 15/14 1in
    Biceps 12.5/12 12/12 .5
    Chest 41/40 1
    Ribcage 33/32 1
    Waist 33/32 1 (this was at my ribcage to start and is now 3 inches closer to my BB)
    Waist at BB 38/36 2 (it also seemed to shift downward)
    Hips 40/39 1
    Thigh 24/23.75 23/22.75 .5
    Calves 15.5/15 15/15 .5

8.5 inches lost!

Although I want to question myself about what could have been if I had done it daily I am SO Happy with the results. I started at a size 14 pants and am now loose in12's and fit some 10's!

And it definitely shows "If I can do it, You can do it!!"
  • Pidders89
    Options
    well done lawoods thats awesome! :D

just shows you can lose a lot of inches in 30 days :D

xxxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Sorry everyone, Hubby and I have been really busy doing wood this weekend. Plus my daughter worked split shifts (am & pm), I dog sat the neighbors dogs. I didn't get any Shredding done, but I busted my butt all weekend!

Jayne ~ The numbers for your HRM don't look right, but I don't have one, so who knows? I agree: that's too much huffing and puffing for such a small number. But keep doing it, because it changes the body so much. Oh, and be careful with that stick -- don't want you to poke your eye out. :tongue:

lawoods ~ Congrats! Its really amazing the changes that take place in just 30 days. Let us know your success at the end of your 2nd round.

Monkey ~ Your body has gone through some amazing changes, be proud of your accomplishments. I think if you just changed your routine a bit, it would shake up things and those last few pounds will go away.

Has anyone heard from the new girls? Did we lose them? I hope not. I plan to walk the dogs and then do my Shred today. And a nap is much needed! Today is my weigh in day, but because of the holiday (Columbus Day), I think the doc's office is closed. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to weigh in. I almost forgot: I have my grand daughter for a few hours today. She is 2 and full of energy!! Chasing a 2 y o is a fun way to burn calories. I'll check in later, you all have a wonderful day :smile:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Sorry everyone, Hubby and I have been really busy doing wood this weekend. Plus my daughter worked split shifts (am & pm), I dog sat the neighbors dogs. I didn't get any Shredding done, but I busted my butt all weekend!

Jayne ~ The numbers for your HRM don't look right, but I don't have one, so who knows? I agree: that's too much huffing and puffing for such a small number. But keep doing it, because it changes the body so much. Oh, and be careful with that stick -- don't want you to poke your eye out. :tongue:

lawoods ~ Congrats! Its really amazing the changes that take place in just 30 days. Let us know your success at the end of your 2nd round.

Monkey ~ Your body has gone through some amazing changes, be proud of your accomplishments. I think if you just changed your routine a bit, it would shake up things and those last few pounds will go away.

Has anyone heard from the new girls? Did we lose them? I hope not. I plan to walk the dogs and then do my Shred today. And a nap is much needed! Today is my weigh in day, but because of the holiday (Columbus Day), I think the doc's office is closed. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to weigh in. I almost forgot: I have my grand daughter for a few hours today. She is 2 and full of energy!! Chasing a 2 y o is a fun way to burn calories. I'll check in later, you all have a wonderful day :smile:

Yeah im going to try and do the shred after belly dance practise tonight and then see how i feel and do some more dancing after the shred. I am desperate to lose this week! i havent seen the new girls around for a while

xxx
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Today is day 10 on L2 I had taken like 4 days off last couple weeks lots going on here . Everyone I know keeps saying I look way skinnier though woohoo