October Shredders!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    So I have found a better way to make my arms hurt then Jillian. She needs to add a two year old to her program. ;p I went on a field trip with my older daughter yesterday. My two year old was scared. I held her the whole time including the walk back. My arms are more sore after this then doing push ups with Jillian. :)
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends shared this in her status -- I think it is a good tidbit to share with you all!!! Don't get discouraged by the scale!!! Your body is changing and this IS GOOD FOR US!!!!!!!!! And by the END I am betting we all see at least a slight weight loss - BUT FOR SURE INCHES LOST!!! Keep up the great work everyone!

The temporary weight gain explained: When someone starts a new exercise program, they often experience muscle soreness. The more intense and “unfamiliar” the program, the more intense the muscle soreness. This soreness is most prevalent 24 to 48 hours after each workout. In the first few weeks of a new program, soreness is the body trying to “protect and defend” the effected or targeted tissue. Exercise physiologists refer to this as delayed-onset muscle soreness, or DOMS. This type of soreness is thought to be caused by tissue breakdown or microscopic tears in muscle tissue. When this happens, the body protects the tissue. The muscle becomes inflamed and slightly swollen due to fluid retention. This temporary retention of fluid can result in a 3- to 4-pound weight gain within a few weeks of a new program. Keep in mind that muscle soreness is not necessarily a reflection of how hard you worked. In fact, some people feel no signs of muscle soreness, yet will experience the muscle protection mechanisms of water retention and slight swelling. Most people are motivated enough to put up with this temporary muscle soreness. Yet, many, especially those who really need immediate weight loss to keep them motivated, become discouraged and quit!

When to be concerned: If you experience a significant weight gain (exceeding 5 pounds) that does not begin to decrease rapidly after the second week, guess what it is? I’ll give you one hint… you put it in your mouth and chew it. You know it! Your food (or calorie-laden beverages). News flash, friends… exercise doesn’t make you gain weight. Consuming more food than you burn makes you gain weight!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Day 7 is done! Woot!

Those darn jumping jacks were a a bit easier but I still don't like them!

I went ahead and measured but I'll do my weight tomorrow.
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello Shredders :)
    Just wanted to give you a warning that tomorrows challenge will be an all day challenge so don't forget to look for it nice and early!!

I'n the UK so will probably post it while most of you are sound asleep :)

Please pass this on just in case there are others that I'm not friends with... thanks :
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Got mine in. Day 5 Level 1 Will aim for one tomorrow morning and one tomorrow night then I will be just one day behind.. I have a plan for next week though. I just blogged it. Feel free to yell at me and see if I get my tail out of bed to get this in. :)
  • Leola2011
    Leola2011 Posts: 192
    Options
    just finished day 7! I have a question, during the warm up, my shoulders pop doing the windmills, and my knees pop doing the knee circles... do any of you know if there's anything I can do about that? thanks!!

Try asprin, if you can handle it. I take an asprin everyday anyway. But it truly helps when my joints feel stressed. I don't know why your joints are popping. But mine tend to do the same thing and the asprin has been wonnderful. Don't know if I'd get the same result with tylenol or advil or aleve. I just prefer asprin.
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    tgifdog.jpg

Day 7 - Haven't done yet. Will do on break time from work!

You all are awesometastic ladies!

xo

Amber

OMG Amber that is so freakin cute. I love boston terriers
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Morning Shredders... Just to let you know that the Day 8 challenge is up :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/362748-october-shredders-closed-group-3rd-mini-challenge-8th-oc
  • slainnz
    slainnz Posts: 75
    Options
    Day 8 done, quote of the day from my 6 year old who was watching me do it, "Mummy why does your butt move a LOT more then the women on the t.v?" Kids are great?!
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get the shred done before work today but I just can't be bothered with all the faffing about, I'll have to do it tonight instead.

I'm still 1lb up, but I've lost 1 inch off my waist, 1/2 inch from my bust, 1/4 inch from my hips, but gained 1/2 inch on my thigh and arm.

It's a start!
  • slainnz
    slainnz Posts: 75
    Options
  • wendiekins
    Options
    I just now finished day 4. I know I'm behind a few days, I took a few days off at the beginning (I know... why?) but it's just life.

My calfs are so sore!

I'm on the same day as you so we can be slackers together! LOL

I had never excercised like this before starting this challenge so am not gonna beat myself up about it too much. I am getting fitter and stronger day by day and thats what matters to me the most. Losing weight /inches will be great , but its just the bonus to me for persisting with all the huffing and puffing! :))

When I did my 30DS last night , hubbs told me he was very impressed & proud of me for managing to do it... he declined to do it himself in case he did himself an injury!! LOL
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Thanks for the info berv0009! I've been presuming it was muscle gain but didn't know the detail about the water retention etc so it's good to know.
    Just did day 8 and will be doing day 9 later today as away Sun-Tue.
    I've stayed the same weight (I weighed halfway through the week and had gained a lb so at least that's gone away again!)
    In terms of inches have lost half an inch from one thigh (!), waist and stomach and gained an inch on my bust - am thinking I measured wrong but as I have a small bust I don't mind really!
    Btw does anyone know of anybody who's lost the 20lbs Jillian claims on the front of the DVD???
  • wendiekins
    Options

Btw does anyone know of anybody who's lost the 20lbs Jillian claims on the front of the DVD???

LOL I've wondered the same thing!!

it certainly doesnt sound a healthy amount for anyone to lose in just 30 days unless it's the person who was 400lbs she sarcasticallly informs us can do the jumping jacks? (so , so can we!)
  • Amber393
    Options

Started reading, looks like some awesome info there! Will bookmark and read it more later!
  • Amber393
    Options
    morning10.gif

How are we all doing today? Good I hope!

I woke up and I felt pretty darn good. Sure it was just me and the cat. Daniel had been up and left. He's riding around with Mike ( a friend) in the dump truck today to see if that's something he wants to consider as a new line of work. Part of me wants him to go for it and part of me doesn't. The whole it's a seasonal job. Because they don't work in the cold months apparenly and there's no medical so I'm a bit ho hum on that portion of it but also would be more money to do things and pay bills. I don't know it's a two side coin to that one isn't it.

So Day 8 today! I'm pretty darn proud of myself and all of you ladies! I'll be honest this is the first time I've gotten to Day 8. I started this in oh August and oh in September but yeah no I didn't even come close to getting to Day 8. Day 3 or 4 and maybe even 5 but never Day 8.

I just wanna say a big thanks you to all ya all because I don't think without the support or motivation of ya lot that I'd be in it for the long haul. I think we've formed a great group here and hopefully can do other challenges together of some sort! I'm hoping to do Ripped in 30 if I surive the 30DS. That's my plan anywhoo.

So well today was the big day yeah? The weigh and measure day. So I did my weigh and measure. Well I did my measure yesterday and my weigh today.

So here's how I'm standing or sitting right now as the case may be, Kind of hard to type while standing. I've tried it before and it just doesn't work right for me.

I stepped on the scale and it first told me 202 and then 208. Ya I think my scales a flake so I step on it a third time and look it says 214.6 I went with it knowing that the other two numbers were incorrect. I think it needs new juice (batteries as the case may be)

October 1 Starting weight 215
    October 8 CW 214.6
    Loss of 0.4 lbs

That's pretty darn good there for me it is!

Do you all count the point whatevers at the end or is that just me?

For measures let's see

Starting
    B 38DD - W: 44 H: 42 RT:23 LT: 23 RC: 16 LC: 16 N: 16

Today Oct 8
    B: 38DD - W: 41 H: 42 RT: 23 LT 23: RC: 16 LC: 15 N: 15

So my bust didn't change no surprise there right. Darn boobies!

But my waist woot! Ya doing the happy shake my butt dance. I'm happy about that.

My hips and thighs well ah well no worries they'll come in time.

My calves one inch down on the left but same on the right. Again a work in progress

One inch off my neck. not to shabby!

Okay ladies I got to get scooting for breakfast and figuring up dinners/groceries and hoping I can get my hiney on there to the store after work.

Have a wonderful day you all and JM I'll see you tonight for Day 8!

xo

Amber
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! So I'm on to day day 7 and 8 today. Need to get caught up. Excited because I did lose 3.2 lbs last week with inches as well. Really excited to finally be seeing some results. Jillan has nothing on us :) Way to go everyone!!!!!
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I died during circuit 3... I get ovarian cysts a lot (PCOS) and I guess I had one that twisted during the workouts, or burst... I was about to pass out... I couldn't finish the last cardio segment but I pushed through the abs. so I say it still counts as my workout for the day.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    i aiming for 5 pds this month...fingers crossed...day 7 down the hatch...did 10 real pushups today.....shoulders are really sore today!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    morning10.gif

How are we all doing today? Good I hope!

I woke up and I felt pretty darn good. Sure it was just me and the cat. Daniel had been up and left. He's riding around with Mike ( a friend) in the dump truck today to see if that's something he wants to consider as a new line of work. Part of me wants him to go for it and part of me doesn't. The whole it's a seasonal job. Because they don't work in the cold months apparenly and there's no medical so I'm a bit ho hum on that portion of it but also would be more money to do things and pay bills. I don't know it's a two side coin to that one isn't it.

So Day 8 today! I'm pretty darn proud of myself and all of you ladies! I'll be honest this is the first time I've gotten to Day 8. I started this in oh August and oh in September but yeah no I didn't even come close to getting to Day 8. Day 3 or 4 and maybe even 5 but never Day 8.

I just wanna say a big thanks you to all ya all because I don't think without the support or motivation of ya lot that I'd be in it for the long haul. I think we've formed a great group here and hopefully can do other challenges together of some sort! I'm hoping to do Ripped in 30 if I surive the 30DS. That's my plan anywhoo.

So well today was the big day yeah? The weigh and measure day. So I did my weigh and measure. Well I did my measure yesterday and my weigh today.

So here's how I'm standing or sitting right now as the case may be, Kind of hard to type while standing. I've tried it before and it just doesn't work right for me.

I stepped on the scale and it first told me 202 and then 208. Ya I think my scales a flake so I step on it a third time and look it says 214.6 I went with it knowing that the other two numbers were incorrect. I think it needs new juice (batteries as the case may be)

October 1 Starting weight 215
    October 8 CW 214.6
    Loss of 0.4 lbs

That's pretty darn good there for me it is!

Do you all count the point whatevers at the end or is that just me?

For measures let's see

Starting
    B 38DD - W: 44 H: 42 RT:23 LT: 23 RC: 16 LC: 16 N: 16

Today Oct 8
    B: 38DD - W: 41 H: 42 RT: 23 LT 23: RC: 16 LC: 15 N: 15

So my bust didn't change no surprise there right. Darn boobies!

But my waist woot! Ya doing the happy shake my butt dance. I'm happy about that.

My hips and thighs well ah well no worries they'll come in time.

My calves one inch down on the left but same on the right. Again a work in progress

One inch off my neck. not to shabby!

Okay ladies I got to get scooting for breakfast and figuring up dinners/groceries and hoping I can get my hiney on there to the store after work.

Have a wonderful day you all and JM I'll see you tonight for Day 8!

xo

Amber

awesome! gonna step on the scale now!