Free Therapy: Another Open Letter!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options

I learned long ago not to change up their food! They do NOT need variety and rotis have a really sensitive digestive system (dont have one now, but my aussie is horrible with a small bowl of milk!)0

One word...............GLADE!!:laugh:

now you tell me! shes been on purina ONE since 10wks old. i thought id give her some yummy wet food to mix in with her dry...haha. lesson learned. i turned my glade oil plugin fan thingy up to 5!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Dear youngest two children,

Are you both CRAZY? Your father and I thought that at the ages of 11 and 10, you would both be old enough to come home after school and be ok on your own for a half hour or so. I, after all, was at the store picking up the things that you both needed for your cub scout cakes. And your father was at the doctor's office with your older brother. I realize that we did not leave you detailed instructions, just a note saying we were gone and would be home in a bit and to call us if you needed anything. We just expected you to do your homework, half an hour reading time, and to practice your instruments, just like you do every other day of the week.

Why would you think that since we weren't home it would be a free for all? That you would not have to do your homework? Or read? Or practice your instruments? What in the world would possess you to begin to "tackle each other" as one of you so elegantly put it? It's not just tackling each other, it was fighting. And not only were you fighting, you were fighting over a stupid butterknife. A butterknife that if one of you had landed on it would still have ripped a hole in your skin, stabbed through your hand or cheek, or even poked an eye out!

So... We were wrong in thinking that you were mature enough, responsible enough, and old enough to stay by yourself for a bit. Welcome back to the world of being treated like youngsters. From now on, it doesn't matter how long we're going to be gone from the house, even if it's only for a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood, you two are going to have to drop what you are doing and come with us. Because it's obvious that you two can't be left on your own. Right now, your father doesn't even want to leave you with the two older kids, because of your behavior.

Trust me, this is as much a punishment for us as it is for you. We had begun to relish the fact that we didn't have to be tied to you and you to us every moment of the day. We enjoyed letting you have your little freedoms (it gave us a little freedom too). We liked having the "proud parent" feeling of our kids being able to take care of themselves. Yes, someday you'll get that back, but it is not going to be for a LONG LONG time.

Love,
    Your (once again) evil stepmother

PS.... It was your father's idea to not let you have pizza tonight with the rest of the family. Not mine.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    dang evil stepmother, what were they thinking?

Dear future brother in law

Yes people do get in wisdom teeth, and since it sounds like its infected yes it has to come out. It's apart of life this happens, so why are you letting the extra teeth bring you down causing you to be grumpy while I was visiting?

I have four, my sister had four having them pulled out and my father on the other hand had none.

sincerely

Life goes on

Dear monthly visitor

On the weekend I was trying to figure out why I suddenly went up three pounds. Well this afternoon answered that question for me as you showed up to wreak havoic in my life once again. I have hidden the scale and it will not come back until you're gone.

Will be glad when your gone

Hopeful

Dear March

At the beginning of the month it seemed like you would be nice allowing us to have nice weather for once. As usual you have come to diappoint me as it's turned back to cold once again. Wish you would make up your mind and find a happy medium. I would settle for 60 degrees a day instead of below zero.

Wishing you would make up your mind

Disappointed
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Love,

PS.... It was your father's idea to not let you have pizza tonight with the rest of the family. Not mine.

Did you have the gruel all lukewarmed and ready for them before Papa stepped in with the pizza?? :wink:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Love,

Did you have the gruel all lukewarmed and ready for them before Papa stepped in with the pizza?? :wink:

LOL... No, the pizza was his idea when I was at the store (I was planning on chicken--buy one get one family packs this week). He then took the pizza away from them as a punishment. They had to eat some leftover chicken/mashed potato casserole. while sitting at the same table as their older brothers eating pizza.
  • MommyWilson
    Options
    That is udderly disturbing!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Love,

LOL... No, the pizza was his idea when I was at the store (I was planning on chicken--buy one get one family packs this week). He then took the pizza away from them as a punishment. They had to eat some leftover chicken/mashed potato casserole. while sitting at the same table as their older brothers eating pizza.

DId they learn anything from this and understand why they were being punished in such a way?
  • amanda11475
    amanda11475 Posts: 599
    Options
    Dear 5pm, Wednesday afternoon,

Why are you so slow in coming? Please hurry.... I realize that you are only 45 minutes away, but if the last 15 minutes are any indication, it will feel like days before you get here.

From,
    Waiting (patiently) to go home

P.S. If you can convince 5 pm, Friday afternoon to hurry, too, I'd appreciate it :happy: