How long have you been single for?

Options

Replies

• kittycat613
    kittycat613 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have always been single :smile: Dated few times, but nothing serious. and yes, I'm 26 :laugh:

25 and in the same boat. Been single so long, not sure what I would do if I wasn't.

29 and ditto

Turning 29 in December & I'm in the same boat :)
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    been single since forever:sad:
  • sweetporcelain
    Options
    18 years? hahaha, yeah, I've never had a boyfriend. I always push others boys, because I think they're not gonna like me because I'm fat... But, I'm not unhappy being like this.
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    3 months
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm a serial monogamist: I think the longest I've been single is four months... :laugh:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    A couple months, officially, though it was really over long before that. We were together for five years and were supposed to get married last June. Yeahh... it was pretty much mutual. He was tired of me and took me for granted and I was tired of being taken for granted. My moving out here was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I started dating pretty much right away. Since it was on the rocks for so long I don't think I really need much recovery time. I'm in no rush to get into a relationship again but I figure it wouldn't hurt my people skills and I need something to do on my one day off from work so it might as well be a date. I'm on okcupid and went out with a guy the other night that I really liked so we shall see.
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    8 years since divorce (after 14 yrs of marriage). 1.8 years since last relationship (which lasted 2 yrs)... reason it ended doesn't matter. It's over.... plenty of dates since, but haven't felt a spark. It's not worth it without the spark.
  • justaxletdown
    Options
    I've only ever had two three/four month-long relationships. And the last one was when I was sixteen and I'm currently twenty. I'm much too shy and not as attractive as other girls, so guys aren't interested hahah. Ah, well. I'll find someone eventually. It does kind of bother me, but I don't want to be in a relationship simply to "be in a relationship." I want romance and passion. Is that expecting too much? Hahaha
  • Wingmistress
    Options
    In two days, it will be 13 years. And I like it like that.
    That was one hell of a divorce!

It's awesome that you still count :-P

It's been three years for me since the marriage, one serious bf since and that was over 12 months ago.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Three years. I had always been with someone since the age of 14. I enjoy the freedom!!!!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    About three years. I am very happy being single but my friends cant understand it and are always trying to set me up with people. I wonder why it is that people get uncomfortable when people say they are happy being single.

They want you to be as miserable as they are. :bigsmile:
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    10 yrs...lack of confidence / appeal

I think you can change that!!!!!!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    1 year 4 months 2 days

Caught him cheating. Moved out. Hating every second of it
  • JDWhite4
    JDWhite4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    so after reading the comments on this thread it sure would be nice to hear some folks with positive things to say about relationships...
  • anonoymous1
    anonoymous1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    21 years.
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    3 years, haven't found anyone in melbourne australia , but i love this guy from Minnesota who I've never met :P
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Reading this has made me feel a lot better about never having had a boyfriend at age 19. I get scared if ever I like someone and end up pushing them away. I think I need to improve my confidence and feel happier with who I am before I'm able to get close to someone.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    10 yrs...lack of confidence / appeal

I think you can change that!!!!!!

Thats why i am here, to get my confidence back in my own body... well, not back,.. i never had it to begin with. but... you know what i am trying to say right?
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I've been happily single for 2 months now, just got out of a year long relationship. I'm only 24, have an absolutely amazing job and am fully concentrating on building a killer career. My boyfriend was pushing me to settle down and generally being unsupportive of my ambitions, so he had to go. When I was away traveling on business he got so whiny and clingy, it was infuriating. He would text, call, email, Facebook, Skype, etc all the damn time and then proceed to get pissy when I wouldn't respond immediately. So glad to be away from that.

I'm not really looking for a relationship right now and honestly part of me thinks I'll end up alone, which I'm OK with. It seems like a lot of the men I meet are intimidated my my ambitions and goals for the future. I'm going to be running my own company in the next 3 to 5 years and I'm not really interested in settling down and having a family anytime soon, if ever.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've only been single for a week, but before that it had been many years! I don't *like* being single because I love having a relationship and someone to nuggle with and talk about our days and watch tv, but at the same time, I'd rather be single than in a bad relationship.