Zombie survival club

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my new Garmin 305 Forerunner GPS watch & HRM.

I can use this to track my running speed and distance and I can set up training programmes etc which is great for ensuring I have the speed and endurance to outrun a Zombie

Furthermore, I can use the HRM to see if I'm dead and therefore a Zombie. If I am dead then I will reduce my training intensity as there is little point in trying to outrun myself, and I think its only fair to give others a sporting chance.
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    hahahahahahaha @mikeyrp Thanks for the laffs this morning!!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on their cardio? It is rule number one...we need to be able to keep out of reach...I don't want bite marks in my flesh. Lol.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on their cardio? It is rule number one...we need to be able to keep out of reach...I don't want bite marks in my flesh. Lol.

http://nrowfizs.blogspot.com/2011/08/day-52-3rd-fit-test.html :bigsmile:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

I've run a 5k in 26 minutes after doing my strength training, but it's been about a month since I've done anything since I've moved, got a new job, etc. I can't wait until everything is settled and I can get back to training again.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD?!

I'm a zombie / resident evil / general creepiness lover. :indifferent: <
    zombie face!

I'd currently have to rely on my agility and small stature (4'11") to guarantee my survival against the undead. I figure I may not be able to outrun them for a terribly extended period of time, but I'm pretty limber and I'm almost positive I could squeeze myself somewhere they couldn't get to me.

I'm pretty accurate with a compound bow, too......I could just stick 'em in the head! I'm counting this as 'using my body' because dang, it takes some guns to pull back a bow!

I soooooo gotta up my cardio. Yupyup.
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    I think I'm going to suggest organising a zombie run for Halloween 2012 with my running club. Could be a lot of fun!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to suggest organising a zombie run for Halloween 2012 with my running club. Could be a lot of fun!

That would be so cool!
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im home!!!! How do you join?
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im home!!!! How do you join?
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    3 weeks without a post. =( Though I'll admit, I've been away for a while as well.
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have been slacking on my cardio...I don't want to become zombie food. I need to get back on track!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    MMMMmmmmmm..... Zoooombie foooood!... Mmmmm...braiiiinssssss
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    If you live near Lenexa, Kansas... you have the best hardware store EVER! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

http://www.westlakehardware.com/specialties/zombies
  • xlovemehalwaiyzx
    Options
    This is to0 great! my favorite movie is Zombieland Rule #1 CARDIO! rule # 2 double tap!!! I'm also a huge fan of AMC The walking dead which premeirs this weekend!!
  • I love this very fun twist on a motivating factor to get in shape. I ironically enough was watching Zombieland last night lol (#1 Cardio). My question is though, does adrenaline kick in at some point when you are being chased by a zombie? What I mean is, would someone be able to lift something much more heavier than they normally can manage, or be able to run much farther than usual? Just a thought lol.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That's so funny! I'm just finishing "World War Z". There's a part where a man has to climb down 19 stories in a zombie infested apt building to escape, by stringing sheets together. He complains about how out of shape he is from being a computer junkie. All I could think of was, "God, I'd be a snack for the undead by the second balcony! "
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Zombie check in:

- Ran half marathon in Peterborough, loved it. No zombies sighted on route. Suspect government conspiracy as Peterborough is known for Zombies.
    - Saw this on the the internet & quite fancied eating it.

Melon-Brains.jpg

from http://www.instructables.com/id/Halloween-Melon-Brain/

Probability of being a zombie: 5/10
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Anyone in Northeast PA, Southern Tier of NY, or Western NJ?

Scranton, home of the Steamtown marathon, is having a SCREAMtown 5k tomorrow! It's not a timed race, but you will get two flags, and there will be zombies trying to grab your flags. Come back with both flags, get 3 entries to the raffle for prizes. One flag, 2 entries. No flags, one entry. And a costume contest.

http://neparunner.com/el/111026st.html

I'm so psyched! All the local Halloween races I wanted to do were cancelled, so now I gotta figure out which of my costumes I can run in and not roast or freeze!