TURBO FIRE 8/22: The Holiday Countdown!!!!

Options

Replies

• jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    WooHoo...I start day 4 today....are you eating enough cals??? Getting the right amount and kind of snacks in??? I am not any more hungrier than I was when I started TF...I have found myself eating more making sure that I eat back most of my cals to within 100-200...I know now that I have prob been at a plateau for not eating enough...or at least thats what I think....I will re-weigh after 5 weeks of TF and eating more and let ya know.....OMG..if I can wait 5 weeks....LOL....I'm trying to believe that I dont care about what the scale says and thats jus an added benefit if I lose these last 20-25 lbs!!! :wink:

Well I just started zig zagging my calories. I've been atva plateau for awhile now. Because of me not eating enough during P90X. But I eat pretty well though. I eat clean most of the time.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me. Did Fire 30 & Stretch 10. I've only been doing this a few days but my hunger has increased alot. Is this normal. Even when I did P90x I don't recall being this hunger all the time.

When I started I noticed I was starving about 4-5 hours after completing a workout and even after eating my lunch. I try to find healthy snacks for those times, and I've also tried working out at different times of the day.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The first time I did Fire 30-new to class, I burned 512 cals...the second time I did it I burned something like 306....I have my Fire 30 today and I will definitely post my cals burned here in the thread...I think that you should invest in a HRM though...it makes a big difference in knowing what your max HR gets to....mines gets to 195(geesh)...so when it stays lower I will know Im in a better fitness shape than when I started....and as far as eating back cals...I make sure that Im not too under or over with guesing....

I looked at my TF schedule which I write my cals burned for the class and I misquoted earlier...I burned 603 on the first Fire 30, Stretch 10 doing the new to class version, the second time I burned 512 w/out the new to class version and today I burned 495...so, yeah, im burning about 500 cals for the Fire 30...
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Helllllllo everyone! I am so happy to see that people are working hard! I did Tfire 45 today and feeling good! While it's still not easy, I can tell that I have upped my intensity a lot! So that is a GREAT feeling!

I think Zig Zagging calories is a great way to break through a plateau! If you don't like zig zagging you can also do a spike day once a week and this is effective too! :)

I typically make it a point to have a green smoothie or a couple pieces of fruit after my workouts, I find that I won't be hungry that way, but the carbs from the fruit sure help with any fatigue! I have to say I have done this since week one and don't feel any hunger for hours to come! :)

As far as calories go, keep in mind everybody will be different. Based of weight, size, and intensity. I have done the same workouts with friends who are taller than me and weight 20 pounds more, but because I BRING IT every time, I know I burn about 100 calories more than her!

So keep using your heart rate monitors and if you don't have one get one! :) You bought a great program, so pay the extra 20-30 bucks, to go ebay and find one! I just bought my husband a new one for 15 dollars! :) It's retail is 100! :)

Well that is it for now! This week has been so hectic with funeral and travel arrangements, buying clothes for my new job (start the end of the month) and well just cleaning, working out and spending time with my family! I can't wait for things to settle down so I can be on more!

LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!! LET'S KEEP PUSHING! PLAY THAT IS! ;D
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Fire 55 done. One word ... WOW! That was an awesome workout.
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I drink the P90x Recovery and Results formula after my workouts and it really cuts down on my hunger afterwards! Its fairly cheap from Beach Body too, I think its like $30? IT says to add two scoops to a glass of water, but depending on the intensity of my workouts I vary from one-two scoops post workout.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Fire 55 done. One word ... WOW! That was an awesome workout.

Isn't it?!?! I love it and find it so fun! And it's called 55 but it's actually only 52 or something AND by the time you are done warming up, it's only 45! LOL LOVE IT!

Well productive day here! I am doing all of my workouts and getting excited for a new week on Monday! :) I will say that my energy levels have been high and while I am feeling a bit "bloated" i know it's from my TOM of the coming up. SOOOO, weigh in in 2 weeks! Well, 2.5 weeks! LOL

EXCITED and hope you are all doing great!

p.s. Are you all drinking enough water? I ask because my girlfriend was saying "i drink a lot of water..." and I said, "you drink half your body weight in water?" And she goes, "well i have a bottle a day." Just a reminder that water is great for you and it will help you lose weight, flush toxins out, replenish your organs and MAKE YOU SPARKLE! We are getting into those winter months, lets make sure to drink water! :)
  • Kellie0710
    Options
    [/quote]
    p.s. Are you all drinking enough water? I ask because my girlfriend was saying "i drink a lot of water..." and I said, "you drink half your body weight in water?" And she goes, "well i have a bottle a day." Just a reminder that water is great for you and it will help you lose weight, flush toxins out, replenish your organs and MAKE YOU SPARKLE! We are getting into those winter months, lets make sure to drink water! :)
    [/quote]

On the Chalean Extreme page yesterday there was a post about if you drink 8-8ounce cups of ice cold water a day your body will burn 123 calories ( i think that was the number) just heating the water up to your body temperature =) Nifty! lol

How are yall logging some workouts, like Sculpt 30/ Its not really a cardio workout so Im not sure if a HRM would get the calories burned... just wondering what others think.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    @minnie- the HRM can totally do calories from sculpt! :) And or if you don't have one make sure to stop every now and then and check your target hr! :) What I do like about her workouts is that if you are doing them with proper form and pushing youself and BREATHING CORRECTLY (which is huge) than you should be burning calories. Not a lot of calories, but more than you think. I burn anywhere from 150-210 depending on the day. I am 5"3 and 145 pounds! :) OOOOH and burning calories from ice water!?!? YESSSSSS! LOL I typically drink my water at luke warm temp but that is just me. LOL i may start to add some ice though! LOL

SOOOOOO feeling good! I KILLED my workout and it felt SO GOOD! :) Like I am recharged and ready for week 8! LOL I know I am skipping a few days ahead, but dang I LOVED IT! Also the extra stretching and yoga felt great!

Hope you are all doing well!
  • Kellie0710
    Options
    Thanks KimWins!!! I ordered a new HRM last night with a chest strap so I dont have to keep updating the wrist one and that way I can get a more accurate amount of calories burned =)

I'm 5'3 too!!! lol But at 166lbs =/ Im trying to get down to around 130 though.
  • SherryP71561
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I started a 90 day fitness routine, incorporating Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. Love, love, love her!!! Awsome workouts!! I had a day off today, but tomorrow will be Hiit 25. So much fun!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Thanks KimWins!!! I ordered a new HRM last night with a chest strap so I dont have to keep updating the wrist one and that way I can get a more accurate amount of calories burned =)

I'm 5'3 too!!! lol But at 166lbs =/ Im trying to get down to around 130 though.

@Minnie- YOU CAN DO IT! It's amazing what 150, 140 and 130 looks like on a 5'3 woman! The biggest I have been (only for two months on two different occasions) was 158-160. I just don't carry it well! I mean I do, I gain it evenly, but NOTHING fit, I felt awful and well, if you read my profile you would see that my body loves 140! SOOOOO I'm about there right now (145) and I have been at 130 for about a year and I LOVED IT! My goal is to get to 120 though. I know I can, just needed to have a support system and "Stick to it" attitude. I think I was so excited to be at 130 that I "lost the ball" and kinda splurged... SOOOO- doing it! And you can too!!!!!

@eunievonne No_photo_thumbnail - welcome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chalene too! I have tfire and Extreme and also Turbo Jams! I usually throw in a circuit of hers here and there, but REALLY sticking to the program and just ADDING in workouts if I have time! :) Welcome and post away my friend!

EVERYONE- HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! MAKE SMART FOOD CHOICES AND GET READY FOR THE START OF ANOTHER WEEK! FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT THIS COMING MONDAY WAS WEEK 8 FOR ME, BUT IT'S 9! WOOOOHOOO ALMOST HALF WAY THERE AND IT STILL FEELS FRESH AND NEW! I LOVE THIS PROGRAM AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU! WE ARE REALLY DOING THIS AND I AM PROUD OF US ALL! OOOOH, AND THIS THREAD IS ALMOST TO 3000 VIEWS! TOTALLY AMAZING!

REMEMBER, THAT WITH HARD WORK WE CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING. WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE, WE WILL ALWAYS BE HAPPY AND FREE. AND MOSTLY, REMEMBER THAT IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOU HAVE TO BE THAT CHANGE!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! TOODLES! =^.^=
  • Kellie0710
    Options

@Minnie- YOU CAN DO IT! It's amazing what 150, 140 and 130 looks like on a 5'3 woman! The biggest I have been (only for two months on two different occasions) was 158-160. I just don't carry it well! I mean I do, I gain it evenly, but NOTHING fit, I felt awful and well, if you read my profile you would see that my body loves 140! SOOOOO I'm about there right now (145) and I have been at 130 for about a year and I LOVED IT! My goal is to get to 120 though. I know I can, just needed to have a support system and "Stick to it" attitude. I think I was so excited to be at 130 that I "lost the ball" and kinda splurged... SOOOO- doing it! And you can too!!!!!

I cant even imagine getting down to 130 yet lol when I gain weight, it gains evenly over me too, so I guess thats better than just gaining it one place right? lol But now I am determine to lose all over! haha I just killed Fire 55 EZ and burned a TON of calories, and tomorrow I have a 5k run, then home to do core 20 and stretch 40! gonna be a crazy day tomorrow! lol But i am up for it =D
  • Kellie0710
    Options
    ah, I cant figure out how to do the quotes, lol oh well =/
  • Thankilates
    Options
    We love you anyway Minnie! :D I get it! ;D
  • Kellie0710
    Options
    We love you anyway Minnie! :D I get it! ;D

lol thanks!
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join this group :) I'm starting TF calendar tomorrow (I've been mixing it with TJ, P90X, insanity and running). I need the structure with a beginning and end to get the tone back from this past pregnancy :) I'm LOVING the GREAT vibe and support your\'re all giving each other :)

Can't wait to start (officially)!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Awwww! Welcome Michigan! Glad you find this group supportive! We really are! It's done me wonders! Never have I made it this far with an actual "calendar" or set schedule! I used to mix it up, but after awhile, I would falter! Now that is not to say that I never go off path. but I keep it in the same genre. So if it's cardio 55 I might to Tae Bo Amped for 55 minutes or if it's Sculpt 30 I might do Charlean Extreme. So it's been working so far!

Did my cardio this morning and stopping in before heading out to Ikea and lunch with my bestfriend and husband! Well, wait, I mean my husband (who is my best friend) and also our best lady friend! LOL Okay! That makes sense!

Have a great day and woohooooo Monday is the start of a new week! :D TOODLES!

p.s. I SHARED THIS ON MY WALL, BUT THIS IS SERIOUSLY HOW I WOKE UP, EVEN SINGING THIS SONG (MY FAVORITE MJ SONG).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A2moFdM1Yo
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Workout done (since the TIgers are crapping out ). Bought World Series tickets and it looks like the buck stops here.

Have a great night!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Crushed week 5!! Yeah!!!

Just plotted out my schedule for the next week, but I noticed that the 1st 3weeks of the cardio are all the same! Noooooo!!!! Might add in a bit extra here and there.

HRM is officially kaput. Tried changing batteries, washing chest strap, tightening it, loosening it.....nothing. Never mind.

Keep up the amazing work people, it's a great workout!