T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 8~ March 27- April

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Good morning gang! Apparently, the snow is staying for a while! :( I am sure glad I am headed to San Diego tomorrow.). However, I am a little apprehensive about how I will manage to eat healthy and check in with you all. Wish me luck.

I had to go out to the garage to get mu luggage for the trip. This is significant because the evil scales lives in the garage! Needless to say, I hopped on to check on the plateau. As you can see from my ticker, there was movement in the right direction. (sedate celebrating) that goes to show me that the scales really isn't a great tool for measuring my progress. I know, I know - you wise team members (cm, lulu, prayerfulmom, get_fit, etc) have been saying that all along.
    So, I know I didn't lose 3 lbs in 3 days. The brussel sprouts aren't that miraculous! In my defense, we're talking about pretty entrenched behavior that is reinforced by all my supporters. On those weeks when I report to everyone that I haven't lost pounds but I have lost inches, they don't get it. It begins to sound lame even to me! One of my friends even asked, "how is that possible?" I know, its a dumb question, but people still ask dumb questions.

Ok its a weak defense, but I wanted to get it out because its another piece of the puzzle for me. Thanks for understanding and letting me process my random thoughts.

Sheila glad you are starting to feel better. Jamie, good to hear from you! What a welcome addition to the morning check in! Keep those exercise endorphins going! Well, I am off to do battle with the internet service provider about the modem. Hopefully this will be my last blackberry post.

Chanty, hi! I am so slow on the blackberry you posted while I was laboring on the blackberry!

Take care all, its a jungle out there! Love you guys and gals,
    Kristi
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Adopt4, what does this mean?
    Dont' want to stove up

It means stiffen up. Guess it's an Iowa farmer saying. :wink:
  • smontoya1
    smontoya1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome all new team members and great job to everybody for sticking it through every week! I've been on hiatus for a couple of weeks but I'm back!

I ran my 2nd half-marathon yesterday and I feel awesome. I've gained a few pounds but I'm not going to get discouraged!

Hope everyone's having an awesome Monday so far...I have to catch up on the postings =)
  • adopt4
    Options
    Hey ya'll, I ran away from home all weekend and wasn't at my computer. That's what hubby gets for working such long hours during the week! On Sat I had a lot of cals leftover, because I just wasn't hungry all day, so I think I did ok at Bunco. Tried to fill up on the fresh fruit salad and taco salad, and just try the desserts. I didn't drink when we went out... and I booked out of there when they went to a really busy bar although I would have liked the dancing, they said the music was really really loud so I wouldn't have been able to handle it. I am sorry I missed the dancing, though! Then yesterday I didn't go to the gym but did stay within cals (FIRST TIME EVER!) so hurray! I was out and about and that really helps me not want to eat. Went shopping with LI4G (I didn't buy anything, but I don't mind going along!). Then we ate dinner at Applebees, had the small steak and brocoli.. yumm...our only bad thing is the onion rings appetizer which ended up not being as bad as I thought, plus i had the cals anyway. Not going to eat the appetizer in the future, it was too much food. Then last night LI4G colored and highlighted my hair for me, finally, cover that gray again! She bought a new straightener, which I've never used, and so we tried it out. Had no idea it would make my hair look like I'd just had it salon styled in just 5 mins. Definitely going to get one on payday! She also took pics for me (I can't seem to get my face in a self potrait, LOL) so I'll upload it and you can see the new color!

Going to the gym in awhile, new goal is 45 mins on elliptical (consistently) and working out my arms now. That's this month's goals.

My eldest is on spring break so I have all 3 boys (tearing my hair out already and it's ony 9 am). Anybody wanna rent some boys for a week? LOL
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    33. dewdrop

They are listed in order by when they "joined". If you have a "buddy" on the list who has fallen away, send them a little note saying "hi".

I like 33 :wink: . I couldn't keep up with all the posting, to be honest :embarassed: . Plus, I need to regroup, in the past couple of days I haven't been at my best. :ohwell: . I guess I do need a pat on the shoulder just now *sigh*, or maybe all I need is the deadlines to pass... and the sun to shine again. :ohwell:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Adopt4 - me me me me me me!!!!!! I loooove little boys! They are the loudest, busiest, craziest and funnest people to be with! Send them here-but just for a few hours cuz they sorta make me tired too:happy: .

Stillkristi - Have a great time on your trip. You have had enough practice now, you know what you need to do, so I'm sure you'll be fine on vacation staying healthy ~ just relax, do what you gotta do ~ and have fuuuuuun!

I posted this yesterday on another thread and thought I'd share it here:

I started my fitness journey on January 7th. I've lost 14 lbs. It hasn't made a huge difference in my size - no one has looked at me yet and said "Wow, you've lost weight." I'm still curving in the wrong direction (outward).

BUT, that is fine. I am *feeling* thinner, I feel stronger, I feel happier. I meet my calorie and exercise goals 90% of the time - and I am THRILLED! Just knowing that most every day I am taking such excellent care of myself - to know that I am making good choices, good decisions, and really good meals is so great!

We don't just wake up one morning "fit". For me this journey is much like going to college... each day I learn a little more, I make new friends, I occassionally go to a keg party and act stupid and forget why I'm here, sometimes I don't do my homework and have to suffer the consequences. But more and more, I ace a test (without studying) and I celebrate like hell because I know I have actually paid attention and retained the information - and every semester I will incorporate more and more knowledge into my journey. And all the while, I am becoming smarter - making healthier choices and feeling the pride of doing so; moving more fluidly and feeling stronger every week; smiling without thinking to just because I feel so great that I am doing this for myself - and I'm not in a hurry, and I'm doing it right.

So thanks to all you MFP professors who post and share your success and knowledge and your optimism - I look forward to graduation - but I intend to continue enjoying the journey!

This includes you, my THE Team partners ~ thanks for being faithful to the journey and keeping your eye on the prize ~ you are all sooooo great. :heart: lulu
  • adopt4
    Options
    Excellent, lulu. That's great, and I wish more people thought that way!

I just started the 200 situps challenge - and I did 51 situps on my initial test! I can't believe it! It just goes to show that even though I don't "see" the results of the gym, obviously it was working. Last time I tried to do a situp it was like 3 and i was dying... so my muscles and definitely my stamina show that I've been successful with what I'm doing, regardless of weight loss.

I'm pretty excited that I'm in a catagory that's not "poor" in any kind of exercise, LOL!!!

Now my stomach hurts... good thing I have to wait a day or two before starting that challenge!!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Good for you Adopt4! That sit up challenge is a kicker! I'm in week 3 - had to repeat week 2 cuz I skipped a few days:ohwell: It's a good challenge though.

Cute new hair and pic!!
  • smontoya1
    Options
    Lulu - Thanks for your post. It's inspiring to me. I'm one of those that wants to just wake up fit ~ I know in my head that it's not going to happen...one day at a time. Thanks for all your wonderful and supportive posts!

Adopt4 - Great job on the sit-ups! It's hard for me to keep up with the posts...what's the sit-up challenge? How old are the boys - I bet they are rowdy! You can think of them as a bonus workout :tongue:

Dewdrop - A hug from me to you all the way from Atlanta, GA!
  • smontoya1
    Options
    Good morning gang! Apparently, the snow is staying for a while! :( I am sure glad I am headed to San Diego tomorrow.). However, I am a little apprehensive about how I will manage to eat healthy and check in with you all. Wish me luck.

I had to go out to the garage to get mu luggage for the trip. This is significant because the evil scales lives in the garage! Needless to say, I hopped on to check on the plateau. As you can see from my ticker, there was movement in the right direction. (sedate celebrating) that goes to show me that the scales really isn't a great tool for measuring my progress. I know, I know - you wise team members (cm, lulu, prayerfulmom, get_fit, etc) have been saying that all along.
    So, I know I didn't lose 3 lbs in 3 days. The brussel sprouts aren't that miraculous! In my defense, we're talking about pretty entrenched behavior that is reinforced by all my supporters. On those weeks when I report to everyone that I haven't lost pounds but I have lost inches, they don't get it. It begins to sound lame even to me! One of my friends even asked, "how is that possible?" I know, its a dumb question, but people still ask dumb questions.

Ok its a weak defense, but I wanted to get it out because its another piece of the puzzle for me. Thanks for understanding and letting me process my random thoughts.

Sheila glad you are starting to feel better. Jamie, good to hear from you! What a welcome addition to the morning check in! Keep those exercise endorphins going! Well, I am off to do battle with the internet service provider about the modem. Hopefully this will be my last blackberry post.

Chanty, hi! I am so slow on the blackberry you posted while I was laboring on the blackberry!

Take care all, its a jungle out there! Love you guys and gals,
    Kristi

StillKristi - Have an awesome trip! San Diego is awesome..I use to love driving down there when I lived in L.A...I didn't know you could post on the blackberry to the website...I tried getting on here from my blackberry once and it seemed like it was too much for my phone to take.
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Don't really have much to share today, or much time(super busy at work, feels like a Monday! :laugh: )

I've had to take a few days off of working out, because I fell in my driveway on Saturday night while leaving for the Opry. I twisted my left ankle, and magically bruised my right calf pretty bad, almost right where your knee pit is. So, I'm taking it easy for a few days. Hopefully the swelling will be down by tomorrow and I can start again!

Hope you're all having a wonderful day! :wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, just checkin in!

Yesterday was fun shoppin. I got 5 new cutesie t-shirts (a size smaller than what I used to wear) and a new swimming suit that is actully more girlie looking than sporty. Its a slimming one that really sucks in all those trouble spots around the tummy so when I put it on.. I was like "Whoa! this thing really works!"... :laugh: :laugh: and No.. I aint swimsuit modeling so you can see :noway:

Anwyay... Im on a girlie kick this week and adopt4 and I are having some fun doin girl stuff. Shes keeping me plenty busy so I dont have time to think about being alone and bored at home. Its great! Last night we did some hair coloring and styling, which was fun... tonight we are doing nails and gonna kick back and watch some movies.

I started that twohundredsitups.com challenge thing over again. I lost track of where I was with it and was forgetting to do it... so Im gonna give it another shot. I managed 37 for the exhaustion test which was better than the first exhaustion test I took a while back so at least Im getting somewhere!
    It was hard to get back to the gym today. I didnt go over the weekend at all and Im not used to having 2 days off in a row. Its wierd! Got 1/2 hour of free weights in on my arms then did 50 minutes on the elliptical. My ankle is still bugging me when I get on the treadmill, so Ive just stayed clear of it unless Im doing a 5 minute warm-up before I hit the weights.

Sheila- sorry to hear your sick! Keep those cooties to yourself cuz I sure dont want that right now. Stomach flu is no bueno! Get some rest... hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Nita- bummer about the treadmill!! Hopefully hubby can fix it for you! A cheap option for workout videos... cheap=free, is to hit the library if you have one. I found a couple there this last week and plan to take it with me to florida, just in case. I think my condo there has a gym, but just in case.. Im bringin it as backup.

DWray.... falling=ouch=bruises=pain. That is nooooooooo fun!! I still get twinges sometimes in my back from a trip down the stairs about 2 months ago. Lots of motrin, ice and take some time off. Feel better soon!

Im off to the bar to pick up my phone. I lost it when we went dancing and have looked everywhere, including stopping by there yesterday. Thought it was lost and gone forever but they called my hubby last night and said they had found it.:bigsmile: yay!

Have a great day everyone
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    OHHH!!!! I lost 3lbs!!!!! Sorry I am just really happy with that, since I thought I was not going to lose any! Since I did get to the scale on Friday I went on it today at the gym....:happy: I am 1lb away from what I was at the end of high school yay!

Okay now to write a midterm..math:sick: ....but with a happy attitude..haha

Hope everyone's day is going well!!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hi, gang - I am at work, so I can post without having to be on the blackberry for a change. Yay!

Good to hear from so many today! Dewdrop {{{{{{{{{{:bigsmile: }}}}}}}}}} sending a big hug your way. Hang in there girl! Life is gonna get better.

Adopt4 - cool new do! I like the new color. Also, good idea to take a little time out for yourself! We keep telling ourselves that this is a life change, rather than a short term, quick fix, but then we act like we should be done after a few weeks or months. At least, I do. So, its good to take time for yourself to kind of re-fuel and re-focus. You're smart to do that!

smontoya - good to hear from you again! You rock! Half marathon, that's so cool! In order to use the blackberry, I had to download a program called Opera Mini. It allows you to view a sort of thumbnail of complete webpages and then blow up parts of the page to type, read, etc. The website is: http://www.opera.com/mini/ also, I have a 4 gig memory card in my phone, but I don't think that helps with functionality, just storage. Try it out!

Lulu, thanks for the vote of confidence - I plan on being pretty careful, but still having some fun, cuz I'm on vacation! I hope I will be able to check in with you guys.

Dwray - OUCH! Sorry about the fall! I bet you'll be back on your feet again soon.

Li4g - congrats on coming down a size, and on your girly outfits. Are you getting excited for your trip to Florida? What about school for the kids? I've been worrying about your daughter's track and stuff. Keep us posted on plans!

Chanty!!! Wahoo!!!!! :happy: :drinker: :drinker: :happy: Yay! Celebrate the weight loss! That's cool! You go girl!

Everyone else, check in and let us know how you are doing!!! Catch you later!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    hi, just did a little research on the water vs coke thing. Unfortunately, a lot of the things mentioned there are myths. (See snopes.com) Oh well. But anyway, water is still good for you, and coke is still bad. OR, to quote chanty, just plain nasty! Ok - see you later!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good evening Team,

Well I went to the gym today I didnt do my normal workout since I still am not feeling that great..so I just did the water areobics and spent half the time in the potty so I dont really concider that a workout... :frown: hopefully I will feel better Tomorrow.. boy Toco Bell really messed me up... :cry:

congradulations chantybear on the 3 pounds lost.. yeah yippie... good luck on that midterm..

Dara sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you feel better soon...

LI4G glad to hear you found your phone and your in a smaller size.. it always feels good to be buying smaller clothes.. I know I will be next month when I head to jamaica for a week on vacation... I get to buy a smaller bathing suite !!! yippie... I cant wait.. I must say I have been wearing these swim shorts and during the water areobics and my shorts keep falling off... so now I dont even wear them cuz the wont stay up any way.. and today when I put my suite on you can feel how loose it is on me I will get measured tomorrow.. :wink:

well I will stop back in later to see how things are going...

sheila
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Hi Kristi, Thank you!

I added a pic of my new hair to my profile, I look different though because I am not really wearing makeup, but I do not care:smile:

Thanks Shiela :smile:
  • smontoya1
    Options
    Adopt4 - Love the new do!

Li4G - You did a great job on A4's hair..and yay for the smaller size..I can't wait to go get some girly shirts too!

Chantybear - Love the new do and you look fantastic with or w/o make-up! Good luck on the midterm, I'm in the same boat.

Swignal - Hope you feel better, what did you have at Taco Bell? I don't eat there much but they added a new fresca menu which I heard is pretty darn good.

Thanks StillKristi!

I just came back from a quick 3 mile run with the hubby...I'm hungry but I'm just gonna drink lots of water cuz I'm only 2 hours away from bedtime...I can't remember where I saw this but all I'm thinking right now is ~ "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"....did I see that on our board..somewhere on MFP..can't be sure.

Good night everyone!
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just checking in quickly. So today was a much better day eating wise for me! I did have a couple hershey kisses but I was still under my calories. So that's a plus! Went to the gym and did kickboxing too. :happy:
    Hope everyone's doing well. I'll catch up on reading tomorrow morning, need to get ready for bed. Goodnight all!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone just a quick check in. My husband says my treadmill is fixed so I am going to go in and check that out.. If I live I will be back later..

Chanty I love your blonde color.. I want to go blonde like that but my hair lady keeps saying no no no..

Jamie do you like kickboxing? I tried it a couple of times but I think I need to lose some more lbs.. I can't stand that jiggle lol..

Everyone else have a fab monday night..

Anita