!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• MJCalver
    Options
    Morning Shredders!

Well I managed L1D9 today - feeling like its actually achievable now....although dreading L2 which is looming! I won't be shredding tomorrow as we're off to Hereford for the food festival (must not eat too much, note to self) but I will when I get back on Sunday and then L2 starts Monday! ARGH!!!!

I am so proud of our group - everyone is really motivated and supportive, its a great source of inspiration reading peoples stories on here of how they're doing!

I'll be adding some more of you to my friends list - it just takes me a while to find the time while at work, LOL!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 10 done! it sseemed harder today for some reason...but its still done! i will be away tomorrow, but plan on starting level 2 sunday when i get back! happy shredding!
  • stockers78
    stockers78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    L1D4&D5 done! Actually managed all the push ups today - and three of them were proper ones!! So impressed with everyone's efforts!
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    D2 L1 completed, my stomach muscles are aching so bad! But thats good, actually looking forward to tomorrows work out!! xx
  • acarmickle1
    Options
    Got my Day 4 in early and now ready for the ork day to be over so I can enjoy my weekend!!!! :)
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! 20 pages already!! :noway:

This is WICKED!!! :tongue:

I'm going to do my first shred ... NOW
    I have to do two today, I am away tonight and won't be able to shred until Sunday, will report back in a bit when I have done it, I am planning on doing both today's sessions with 7lb weight in each hand!! Still level 1 but I LOVE IT!!! :love:

So good to see all your posts I think everyone is doing great keep up the good work!!! :drinker:
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yikes..been sleeoing in and it completely messes up my day. I homeschool my kids and if I don't get up early, it starts the day off on the wrong foot! It's been a rough few weeks in the "getting up early and getting it done" department! When I sleep in, it hangs over me all day that I haven't worked out yet and messes us up!

Never did run my 8 miles this week! I am on my way to the treadmill now, while the kids do their math!

L1D4...done!
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    So finally, I got my TOM after 2nd pregnancy and it's almost 5 months after giving birth. I was wondering, do you ladies still exercise when you have your TOM ? I want to keep going with 30 DS but I am not sure if this is good for my body, even though am pretty sure my body is well recovered by now. Any thoughts ?
  • AleenaZ
    Options
    I just want to say you guys are AMAZING. So wasn't amped to do D5L1 this morning and I really wasn't going to, but read through a bit of the posts on here, and got my *kitten* off the couch and just did it. I don't feel like it's getting much easier - but I think it's because I smoke a whole hubbly before doing it. I'm not getting enough oxygen into my lungs and find it difficult. Must stop smoking. BUT - I can say that after showering and getting ready for the day - I feel on top of the world. I feel HOT as *kitten* (only way to express myself) and am loving the confidence boost the early morning workouts give me. Feel fantastic.
    So... once again, thanks so much to all of you AMAZING people for helping and motivating me to get through this. We are the best group EVER!!!!!

<3

That a girl :)
  • AleenaZ
    Options
    WOW!!!! 20 pages already!! :noway:

This is WICKED!!! :tongue:

I'm going to do my first shred ... NOW
    I have to do two today, I am away tonight and won't be able to shred until Sunday, will report back in a bit when I have done it, I am planning on doing both today's sessions with 7lb weight in each hand!! Still level 1 but I LOVE IT!!! :love:

So good to see all your posts I think everyone is doing great keep up the good work!!! :drinker:

7 lb weight ? WOW ! You are super strong woman ! am sticking with my 2 lb LOL ! WAY TO GO !
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Did D4 L1 last night after work and D5 L1 this morning. It was brutal this morning because I hadn't recovered from Thursday night. I did all the push ups regular last night, but this morning I had to do half beginner grrr At least I did it!

We got this!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    So finally, I got my TOM after 2nd pregnancy and it's almost 5 months after giving birth. I was wondering, do you ladies still exercise when you have your TOM ? I want to keep going with 30 DS but I am not sure if this is good for my body, even though am pretty sure my body is well recovered by now. Any thoughts ?

Hey! Just read your other post too- great job on getting up and doing day 5!
    that said, i think you should check with your doctor before continuing. it may hold you up a few days but with something as sensitive as this, you MUST be sure you're cleared to work out, especially at this intensity. Please, make the appt and in the meantime, maybe do some of her modified moves. for example, in lvel one, you know how she has us do the punches really hard to get cardio up and arms going? try doing that but sitting down. watch the video all the way through and take note of the mods and maybe you can do some of those to keep the movement going :)
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    I just want to say you guys are AMAZING. So wasn't amped to do D5L1 this morning and I really wasn't going to, but read through a bit of the posts on here, and got my *kitten* off the couch and just did it. I don't feel like it's getting much easier - but I think it's because I smoke a whole hubbly before doing it. I'm not getting enough oxygen into my lungs and find it difficult. Must stop smoking. BUT - I can say that after showering and getting ready for the day - I feel on top of the world. I feel HOT as *kitten* (only way to express myself) and am loving the confidence boost the early morning workouts give me. Feel fantastic.
    So... once again, thanks so much to all of you AMAZING people for helping and motivating me to get through this. We are the best group EVER!!!!!

<3

I second this! you guys are constantly a push and inspiration for me. i love having my MFP community. it's funny. i've kinda backed waaaayyyyy off of facebook because you guys can all relate to what's happening and i feel so comfortable being myself, whether that's on a good day, a bad day, whenever. i too have found so much motivaton in reading other's posts, especially from this group and another i'm involved in. thank you again to everyone for being a part of my journey and letting me be a part of yours! we are the best group ever!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    HEY SHREDDERS!!!!! :drinker:

HOT NOW BUT FEEL AMAZING!!! :bigsmile:

I MANAGED THE WHOLE DVD WITH 7LBS WEIGHTS AGAIN, BUT AS I AM DOING THIS TWICE TODAY I DID ONE SET OF PUSH UPS ON THE FEET AND ONE SET GIRLY, SO WILL DO THE SAME THE SECOND TIME, THE LAST FEW KILL ME WHEN I DO THEM ALL SO DON'T WANT TO PULL A MUSCLE DOING TOO MANY TODAY, THIS WILL BALANCE OUT AS ALL ON FEET AND ALL GIRLS SO I AM HAPPY WITH THAT SINCE I HAVE TO DO IT TWICE TODAY, I MUST GO COLLECT MY SON FROM SCHOOL NOW THEN WILL COME BACK AND GET THINGS SORTED THEN DO MY SECOND SHRED IN ABOUT AN HOUR, LOADS OF JOBS TO DO TODAY, WANT TO GET A RUN IN TOO BUT DON'T KNOW IF I WILL HAVE TIME OR NOT....

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SHREDDING SESSIONS TODAY :flowerforyou:

EVERYONE LETS DO THIS THING!!!!!:laugh:
  • windyweather88
    Options
    L1D4 done today and my bf was watching. He's thinking of joining me =)

Haha, I would never allow that. My husband is banned from the room for the entire 25 minutes!
  • AleenaZ
    Options

Hey! Just read your other post too- great job on getting up and doing day 5!
    that said, i think you should check with your doctor before continuing. it may hold you up a few days but with something as sensitive as this, you MUST be sure you're cleared to work out, especially at this intensity. Please, make the appt and in the meantime, maybe do some of her modified moves. for example, in lvel one, you know how she has us do the punches really hard to get cardio up and arms going? try doing that but sitting down. watch the video all the way through and take note of the mods and maybe you can do some of those to keep the movement going :)

My Dr actually gave me the go on exercising three months back. She told me to start slow, which I did and haven't had any problems. I was doing interval jogging before 30 DS and did fine then as well. But you're right, I think I will keep going with this and stick to the modified version and perhaps skip on the jumping jacks and sub that with the punches. Lets see.and thank you :)
  • windyweather88
    Options
    Hi shredders! Day 11, Level 2 done! (Day 5 with you all :)). Let me tell you, Level 2 was a struggle for me! I only had to modify the push-ups in Level 1...but I had to do A LOT of the modified versions in Level 2. So, I'm a little disappointed with myself. But it can only get better right? Maybe it was because I added on a 2.5 mile run the night before?

Random note: I am awesome at procrastination. That's why I get up and do the shred right away in the morning before work. This way I have limited time to talk myself out of doing it! It's worked for 11 days now!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Day 5 done!!

And I am happy to say I am down 2 lbs! I have exceeded my goal!!
    I AM VERY EXCITED!!!
  • sarahkatara
    Options
    Happy Friday! Day 5 done!!

And I am happy to say I am down 2 lbs! I have exceeded my goal!!
    I AM VERY EXCITED!!!

GREAT JOB! that is so rewarding. don't stop!!
  • themehgetarian
    themehgetarian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    FINALLY got to start L1D1 today and OMG! Tired. But good tired. Now that I've been through it once I feel comfortable to really push it for the next nine workouts.

Also, are you all mixing it up throughout the 30 days, like D1D2D3D1, etc., or are you sticking with D1 for ten days and so on? Also, are you taking rest days between each of the shred days so muscles don't get overtaxed? I'll reread through the thread, because I"m sure all these questions have been answered elsewhere, but in case they haven't I"d love some opinions.

Looking forward to Day 2!