T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 8~ March 27- April

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Morning, everyone! We arrived yesterday evening in San Diego. Fun drive. Today we are going whale watching!! I am so excited!! No time to catch up on your posts right now. Maybe later today. No great news on the exercise and diet front, but no real bad news either. See you all later.
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Yesterday was such a beautiful day, my husband and I worked in the yard until dark(after work of course!) It felt great, but I'm pretty sore today. I've reached the age where yard work hurts...I used to make fun of my mom for that! :sad:

I fixed that ketchup/diet coke chicken again last night, and it was even better this time! That, along with some steamed veggies...mmmm, making me hungry just thinking about it! I got up this morning and walked on the treadmill for an hour, then used my exercise ball to do these leg exercises they showed me at physical therapy, and they really hurt!(but in a good way!)

It's supposed to be rainy the rest of the week, except for Saturday, so I've convinced my husband that we need to go to the zoo! I'm pretty excited about it, I've never been to the Nashville zoo, so I can't wait. Plus, I'm sure to get in LOTS of walking, which is always a plus!! He's off to the Opry again after that, so I'll probably go to the gym while he's there.

My work has been a little hectic the past few weeks, so sorry if I've not had much time to check in on everyone...it's not because I don't care! :heart: My co-worker has been on vacation for 2 weeks, so I've been doing everything she does in addition to what I do, so it's been a bit "abundant" I would say! LOL

Ok, back to work...hope everyone's doing well! OH, one last thing, Lulu---I sent your packages out today! Sorry for the delay! :flowerforyou:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone.. Up at 5 am this morning and started cleaning my house.. Its 9 am and I just finished what I am going to do.. Husband said he will help me with the floors when he gets home from work.. Yesterday I ate 1800 calories "ouch" and only burned 441... The rest of the week will be tough to find time to work out since we will have company but I am going to work out here in a few and try the walk away the lbs dvd i bought... See if I can do a video...

Everyone have a fantastic day..

Anita
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I finally finished my hist paper...yay!! Still a whole bunch of finals + papers due soon:frown: Too early to rejoice!

Hope everyone has a good day, need to go get ready for class now.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    :sad: :sad: Good Afternoon Team,

I got up early this morning and I cooked breakfast for the kids and I .. I made oats and I put a cup of oats in my bowl and i had a glass of orange jucie then I got full and couldnt eat it all.. Then about a half hour later I felt like I was starving.. then I ate a special k protein bar and I drank water ... I was still feeling hungry so I ate another protein bar and more water I went to the gym and i was feeling kinda shaky but I drank water and did the elliptiacl for 1 hour and i sipped on my water... Then after the gym I feel like I need to eat a damn horse or a cow :sad: so I ate baby carotts.. Help I feel like I am starving... I have at alot and its only 1 pm and I am starving... :sad: :sad:

sheila
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Swignal- EAT girl!! You just got done being sick! Your body is probably trying to play catchup from all that throwing up and poopin. Eat some REAL food for lunch, something healthy with carbs, protein & some healthy fat to it.
  • nitag
    Options
    I hate those kind of days Sheila.. Is it getting close to the TOM? I am usually like that when that is going to happen soon... Eat some protein.. That might help... I usually just drink a lot of water and much on carrots or something like that...

Well I just got done doing the Walk away the pounds 2 mile walk with strength training and it kicked my butt... I loved it and will be buying more of her DVD's.. She is not annoying at all not loud and just was fun to work out. It was a 30 min program and I burned 501 calories... I love that it has the warm up and the streatching at the end.. Kind of forces me to do it...

Tomorrow I am going to go shopping with my niece to find some clothes that fit me.. I shall be buying a 14 size blouse and a size 16 pants.. Still large but getting smaller.. Woo hoo... My husband gave me a great compliment.. He is starting to really see the difference in me and just my mind set about a lot of things.. I think thats great...

Kristi, I love San Diego.. I am a So. Ca girl at heart.. Born and raised in the San Fernando Valley and we had family in San Diego.. Used to go there all the time. That and Santa Ynez. I love Solvang.. My aunt lives there and it's always so much fun to go there.. If anyone wants a great place to visit that is the place..

I hope soon to go to CA and visit my sister... One day soon I hope..

Ok, I am off to shower...

Talk to ya all later..
  • nitag
    Options
    Swignal- EAT girl!! You just got done being sick! Your body is probably trying to play catchup from all that throwing up and poopin. Eat some REAL food for lunch, something healthy with carbs, protein & some healthy fat to it.

Good advise LI4G..
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I just got mine about 2 weeks ago Jaime and I LOVE it!
    I bought one made by timex and it does everything. It wasnt the most expensive, but not the cheapest one Ive seen either. I found mine on sale for 25% off and it was still $81. Ive heard the polar ones are good too, but they are a bit pricier.

I was wondering if the Timex has the web-tracker, where their program keeps track of your stats online?

And does it filter out other HR monitors in a gym setting, so you don't get interference? That was important to me when I bought the Polar F6.

No web tracker, at least not that Im aware of yet. Im still figuring out what a few of the things it does means. It has a lap counter, timer, calorie counter, date, time and a bunch of other things too. Came with a chest strap that isnt too uncomfortable.

It does filter out the other HR monitors at the gym. No interference there. It doesnt communicate with the machines either, which I wasnt sure I liked at first, but now I actually prefer it that way. I dont always hold on to those little heart rate handles anyway when Im on the equipment. Also another reason I trust my HRM calories more than the machine.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Nita- Im glad you liked the video!! Costco has a variety of them for $9.99 :happy:

Im home today, watchin a little one for a while this afternoon. Day off from the gym, but I borrowed the "you on a diet" workout video at the library so Im gonna give that a go here in a bit :happy: I've read the book... VERY good information. Its not really a diet persay....much more a lifestyle change like MFP.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    thanks for the help, I keep drinking water cuz I dont want to over eat... so maybe I am just going to eat 1 piece of bread with some lunch meat on it and see if that helps...

I just need to save so calories for dinner since we packed all the dishes you know i wont be cooking... man decisions decisions???? :huh:

Sheila
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options
    Sheila,

Spread your calories out over the entire day. Don't "save" calories for dinner. You should be eating your big meal in the morning. If you have to, eat a small dinner, and then the rest of your dinner for breakfast the next morning. Otherwise you slow yor metabolism. You want to be always processing food for the best results. Have fruit and yogurt on hand - no cooking. Buy instant oatmeal - microwave it.

String cheese and triscuits is a good snack, so is an apple and peanut butter. You can go to Subway and get sandwiches that are healthy. Just try to eat 200-300 calories every three to four hours. It keeps you metabolism up and you will have more energy. Then yo won't overeat at night.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just got mine about 2 weeks ago Jaime and I LOVE it!
    I bought one made by timex and it does everything. It wasnt the most expensive, but not the cheapest one Ive seen either. I found mine on sale for 25% off and it was still $81. Ive heard the polar ones are good too, but they are a bit pricier.

Li4g - what type of timex hrm do you have? I was looking them up today and there a couple kinds by timex. thanks!
  • nitag
    Options
    Sheila,

Spread your calories out over the entire day. Don't "save" calories for dinner. You should be eating your big meal in the morning. If you have to, eat a small dinner, and then the rest of your dinner for breakfast the next morning. Otherwise you slow yor metabolism. You want to be always processing food for the best results. Have fruit and yogurt on hand - no cooking. Buy instant oatmeal - microwave it.

String cheese and triscuits is a good snack, so is an apple and peanut butter. You can go to Subway and get sandwiches that are healthy. Just try to eat 200-300 calories every three to four hours. It keeps you metabolism up and you will have more energy. Then yo won't overeat at night.

This is good information CM.. Someone else on here told me to eat my big meal for breakfast even if its like a dinner.. She has done really good doing that.. I myself have a hard time with breakfast. I am usually having to force myself to eat breakfast anyways, but I think I might try that....
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Im the same way anita... i wasnt a breakfast person before I joined mfp so for me, eating breakfast is an accomplishment in itself. I found 1 thing to eat in the AM and had it everyday... Rice Chex with some kind of fruit. I found it on sale at winco, so I stocked up and for the past 3 months... thats been breakfast most days.

Now, its oatmeal. I started out with 1 packet, then moved up to 2 packets made with water and I add in some banana and nuts for a change. Its very filling and I dont find myself as hungry after a workout at the gym. I found it on sale and stocked up on so I have plenty to last me until I get bored with it in a few months :laugh:

Now that Im used to eating a big breakfast, I just dont get as hungry all day long. My breakfasts range from 400-500 calories but I am eating about 2100 calories a day after exercise, which isnt easy for me to do. CM is so dead right on about eating 300 calorie meals several times a day to keep your metabolism and energy up. Now when I eat breakfast its around 500 calories and each meal & snack after that is in the 300 range which gets me up to that 2100 cals a day on days I work out. One of those snacks is my giant 2cup glass of sugar free chocolate milk before bed...no exageration when I say I drink it every day! The protein and calcium at night has made a huge difference on curbing the evening munchies and is a good low-cal meal/snack. Ive noticed on days that I havent drank it, I have had more trouble sleeping than on days I did. Wierd.. but it works!
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Hey gang! Just checking in after the gym. I wogged on the treadmill for 60 minutes and did my sit up challenge. Feels good to get all those exercise calories! :drinker:

I always eat cereal for breakfast. I add almonds and raisins. When I was a teen, I never ate breakfast. Now I can't miss it.

What does everyone eat for a snack after a workout? I find it hard to eat so I just have yogurt and fig cookies (low calories) or a rice cake and peanut butter.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Why is breakfast the most important meal of the day?

From MayoClinic.com:

http://mayoclinic.com/health/food-and-nutrition/AN01119

A healthy breakfast refuels your body and replenishes your blood sugar (glucose), giving you the energy necessary to start a new day. In addition, a growing body of evidence indicates that breakfast is good for both your physical and mental health. Studies show that people who eat breakfast — especially a healthy breakfast — are more likely to:

1. Consume more vitamins and minerals and less fat and cholesterol during the day. While the reason is unclear, one study claims that increasing daily eating frequency is associated with consuming more favorable nutrients and fewer less favorable nutrients, such as dietary cholesterol.

2. Have better concentration and be more productive throughout the morning. Researchers believe this is due to replenishing glucose, the brain's main energy source.

3. Control their weight. There are several theories behind the association between eating breakfast and controlling weight. Researchers speculate that eating breakfast may reduce hunger later in the day, or that it may cause eaters to choose less-dense foods at later meals. Eating breakfast regularly may simply be an indicator of someone who adopts a low-calorie, low-fat diet.

4. Have more strength and endurance. People who eat breakfast — and thus have higher energy levels — may engage in more physical activity than may people who don't eat breakfast.

5. Have lower cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart disease. Research has shown that people who eat breakfast consume less dietary cholesterol than do people who don't eat breakfast.

A healthy breakfast should consist of a variety of foods. To make a healthy breakfast each day, choose one item from at least three of the following four food groups:

**Fruits and vegetables**
    Consider fresh, whole fruits and vegetables, fruit or vegetable smoothies, or 100 percent juice without added sugar.

**Grains**
    Choose whole-grain rolls, bagels, hot or cold whole-grain cereals, or low-fat bran muffins.

**Dairy**
    Consider skim milk, low-fat yogurt cups or low-fat cheeses, such as cottage and natural cheeses.

**Protein**
    Choose hard-boiled eggs, peanut butter, lean slices of meat and poultry, or fish, such as water-packed tuna or slices of salmon.

:flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!
    Ive been procrastinating on doing my taxes and well, I sat down today and told myself I wasnt allowed to do anything else until they were done. Funny part is.. it only took me about an hour!
    8-10 days....Cant wait for that refund! Im just surprised we are getting one! yay!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    **Protein**
    Choose hard-boiled eggs, peanut butter, lean slices of meat and poultry, or fish, such as water-packed tuna or slices of salmon.

:flowerforyou:

mmmmm hard boiled eggs.... gonna go make some of those right now so I have them for in the morning!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!
    Ive been procrastinating on doing my taxes and well, I sat down today and told myself I wasnt allowed to do anything else until they were done. Funny part is.. it only took me about an hour!
    8-10 days....Cant wait for that refund! Im just surprised we are getting one! yay!

I'll pay you to do mine.....$$$$$$$$$$ new workout clothes...........................??