!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Day 11. Level 2 day1.. done. Blah!
    I will do level 2 maybe 5 days!!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Day 11 of the 30DS D1 L2 for me. Wow when they say L2 is harder they mean it. The 3rd circuit squats were killing me. I know it will get easier as I go, right? :embarassed:
  • windyweather88
    Options
    Day 17, Level 2. Wow... is level 3 really that close!?! Slightly terrified. Bum knee still can't handle the double jump rope, grrrr. But I definitely see improvements over the first couple days of level 2. I'm so close to being able to do all of the plank thrusts (name?) Natalie's way.
    Level 2, Day 7 completed this morning!Thank you everyone who recommended putting the alarm clock on the other side of the room and getting workout gear ready to go-it really helped!

However, I don't think exercising without eating something works for me. By the end of the workout I was feeling very light headed and shaky, after I had something to eat I felt ok.

Can anyone suggest what I can eat before I workout in the morning? Just to give me a little energy before I workout but not too heavy?

I don't eat anything for 30 DS, but if I'm going for a long run - I eat a banana or a granola bar. Toast would work too. I'd avoid a lot of liquids though, because if you eat it right before you workout, it will just sit in your stomach and swish around.
  • dyeager01
    dyeager01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    L2/D2 completed. I gained back a pound. I wonder will I gain weight every time I start a new level. I gained 3 pounds when I started Level one, then lost it all by day 8. This is a little discouraging on the scale, however, I can fit into a size 6 now. I just want the scale to show it.
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    L1
    Days 8&9 back to back
    250 cals per HRM
    5# weights

How is it I burned 300 yesterday and 250 today??? Grrrrrrr

Tomorrow: day 10 level 1, day 1 of level 2 (owwwwww)

Sore knees and I hate anterior raises!!

You shredders motivate me!!! Thanks for all the cameraderie!
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Day 9 completed last night.
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Day 12 level 2 done tonight. I usually do my workout at night. I don't have much time to do it in the morning. Level 2 is really hard my knees and legs were shaking doing plank post.
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    D6 L2 done
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    WOW SHREDDERS!! WE ROCK!!! :bigsmile:

I love reading all your posts and seeing how well everyone is doing, I wish I had time to respond to each post individually but things are a bit pushed today, as usual!!!

You are all doing FABULOUSLY!! Well done to you all, Let's keep at it!!!

We are a third of the way through and as someone already said if we can do this for this long we can carry on and complete it.
    I know I will, I am determined to complete this challenge perfectly.

We just have to keep going and not give in when our bodies are asking us to be lazy!!!
    I personally am still struggling with energy, I don't know why, I feel tired all the time and I have had a few long sleeps and should feel great by now but I'm still lacking something, however today's shredding session did seem a little easier mentally, I found myself drifting off in it and wasn't constantly wishing the time would pass quicker, so I'm either getting more used to the workout or am getting more well. Hopefully more well, I don't know what this bug is but its annoying me now, if I'm going to be sick then lets have it and get it over with otherwise bugger off and let me be myself again!!! :tongue:

So today I had some free time with my son off at his nan's today, I had a nice long sleep and then considered running outside when I got up to find it raining outside, my days of running in the rain stopped the day I got a terrible flu from doing it so that was out of the question.
    I decided that I would do 2 shreds today in order to put me ahead for the saturday where I will not be at home, I thought that I would do them back to back and just get it done, and I still used my 7lbs weights throughout the whole workout, twice.
    I however did wimp out and do girly pushups the whole way, I felt that doing full pushups would just be too much and I wanted to complete the rest of the workout perfectly, all the squat presses with bigger weights are quite tough and the side lunges are too so I thought that I would settle on this and hope to get two shreds done perfectly this way.
    I did really well but OMG I was hot, the second round really had me sweating, I was surprised it built up like that I thought it would be the same but just longer but maybe because of the weights and doing the moves perfectly it did push me that extra bit.
    I am not one to sweat, I can do a 45 minute run and don't look sweaty at all, I can run for 20 minutes without sweating even a bead. So this did challenge me today and typing this now I can feel my shoulders and arms are feeling the effects, also my back and legs are feeling solid.
    I think I need to carry on with this, if I could just streamline my eating I would see some real results I think but my stomach as it is I need to be careful and see how it goes, I don't want to make it unsettled again like it was last week (I have stomach issues)

So Yep!!! Level 1 done again, day 11 and 12, so I am a day ahead now, I will be shredding tomorrow again, and then off to work for the weekend.

I hope you will all have a great night, keep up the good work xxxxxx

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

If there is anyone here who would like to join a small group of us who are looking to get up and run early in the morning then let me know, I really would love to run 3x a week first thing in the morning, before waking my son and taking him to school, I have another 2 friends who also want to do this so there is a little group of us and I just wondered if there was anyone else who fancies adding this to their shred challenge.

I have been aiming at 3 runs a week with this challenge but it seems so difficult to fit it in, weather and soon the darker nights it will be harder still so I thought an early morning run would be the perfect solution, also I know it is the best way to start my day!!!

Please message me about this if your interested or add a comment below quoting this message :drinker:

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • kcrojas630
    kcrojas630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Completed Level 1 last night, get to move on to Level 2 and I'm so excited!
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ~ SERIOUS SHREDDERS GROUP - Days 01-11 (17-27th October) ~

*Member*........................*Total Workouts*.....*Wkts on Level 1*.....*Wkts on Level 2*.....*Wkts on Level 3*

1amdeev......................................04..............................04..................................00..................................00
    a1rose..........................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    acarmickle1................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    Adina81........................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    afalls11.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    alaskagirl5...................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    AleenaZ........................................10..............................09..................................01..................................00
    Alexa712......................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    bride2be27.................................03...............................00..................................03.................................00
    busymnmom..............................04..............................04..................................00..................................00
    caicon..........................................11..............................10..................................01..................................00
    CamayB......................................05...............................05.................................00..................................00
    canidoit11...................................05...............................05.................................00..................................00
    carriann2012..............................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    cbekkevold..................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    clairabell2024.............................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    Clinno...........................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    cwglosin4vaca...........................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    determinedsocialworker..........06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    dreamz48....................................10..............................10..................................00..................................00
    dyeager01...................................12..............................10..................................02..................................00
    elissascotland...........................10..............................07..................................03..................................00
    erinserin......................................13..............................10..................................03..................................00
    franciellejoyce............................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    Gay11nell...................................10..............................00..................................10...................................00
    Iholdsworth555.........................02...............................02..................................00..................................00
    jaeone.........................................11...............................10..................................01..................................00
    jam1010.....................................12...............................10..................................02..................................00
    Janel1978..................................04...............................02..................................01...................................01
    jennysmission...........................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    jls1661........................................10..............................10..................................00..................................00
    jrhstarlight...................................16..............................07..................................04..................................05
    jrreed1.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    justle............................................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    Kalo10.........................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    karensfit4life...............................03...............................03.................................00..................................00
    katemcconnal............................07...............................07.................................00..................................00
    kcmg0730...................................04...............................04.................................00..................................00
    kcrojas630..................................10...............................10.................................00..................................00
    kdenny1.......................................10...............................10.................................00..................................00
    kel7298........................................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    kelsue35.....................................10..............................09..................................01..................................00
    kgb6days.....................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    ksludwig......................................11..............................10..................................01..................................00
    kstoller2.......................................09...............................09.................................00..................................00
    lackie09.......................................12..............................06..................................06..................................00
    lauramary2..................................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    LeahSWright...............................11..............................09..................................02..................................00
    Leobaby.......................................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    lildebbie.......................................03...............................03.................................00..................................00
    LisaSmuts...................................04...............................04.................................00..................................00
    littlesunshower...........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    lizlashley09..................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    lormc.............................................11..............................08..................................03..................................00
    Louise12......................................07..............................06..................................01..................................00
    louise266.....................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    luvnsun1......................................10..............................10...................................00..................................00
    mbnharrison...............................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    melgibson...................................12..............................12..................................00..................................00
    melmarie4..................................13..............................02..................................09..................................02
    mi_tai...........................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    Mledieu........................................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    mommynmotion........................06...............................04.................................06..................................00
    monmay01..................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    MountainMamaof2.....................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    msenior........................................10...............................10.................................00..................................00
    nibbles40.....................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    Nita_Bita.......................................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    NthnButMoonshine.....................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    paul121703lilly............................07...............................07.................................00..................................00
    Quilled...........................................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    RealDeal27..................................10..............................10.................................00..................................00
    RedPaperClip..............................03..............................03.................................00..................................00
    rforce85.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    rinshillier......................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    robyng1986..................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    rockerbabyy..................................10...............................10.................................00..................................00
    ronke911......................................07...............................01.................................06..................................00
    sambuka8....................................09..............................09.................................00..................................00
    SarabellPlus3.............................07...............................07.................................00..................................00
    sarahkatara.................................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    sb1023.........................................12..............................10..................................02..................................00
    sdgarcia9220..............................03..............................03.................................00..................................00
    shanintesar.................................04..............................04..................................00..................................00
    Shellabella02..............................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    ShellGetsFit.................................10..............................10..................................00..................................00
    skpresley20.................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    SmileyJ23.....................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    sonia2003....................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    spaceEF.......................................10..............................10..................................00..................................00
    stampinwithmb...........................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    stockers78...................................11..............................10..................................01..................................00
    sugarbeans.................................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    sunshinegirlnm..........................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    tabs4cherubs..............................01..............................01.................................00..................................00
    tageekly........................................10.............................07..................................03..................................00
    tammihart...................................12..............................11..................................01..................................00
    TimeToWork..............................08..............................07..................................01..................................00
    Timmay®....................................10..............................10..................................00..................................00
    toque_de_miel..........................05..............................05.................................00..................................00
    torsaer.........................................10..............................00..................................10..................................00
    trikimash.....................................09..............................05..................................04..................................00
    TVstfne........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    vegangirl88.................................09.............................09..................................00..................................00
    walkinmydoxies.........................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    windyweather88........................17..............................10..................................07..................................00
    ZydecoBeauty............................03..............................03..................................00..................................00

Cheers!!!!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Ick. My whole family has gone through this horrible cold, kids home from school, etc, and today I'm starting to wonder if I have strep. I did skip yesterday, but forced myself to do the Shred today. And I'm not sure when I'll be able to run again! :(

So that's day 8, all level 1, for me as of today.

Good work, everyone!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing terrific!!

Day 11, WHEW! On Level 1 today.
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It will be day 7 Level 1 for me today :) !! Can't wait to start Level 2, it is getting pretty easy for me now and I am not that sore. :bigsmile:
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • trikimash
    Options
    day 10 done level 3 today. I was getting bored of level 2 already, so decided to do level 3. wow!!! that was quite the workout.
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Finished D12L2. Second day on L2. i was a bit sore this morning and didn't really feel like doing it. You know it's bad when you distract yourself with a 5 mile run! After my run I just got to it and I'm glad I did. My body is definitely looking better. No run tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a bit of a break! Upside--thoroughly enjoying my healthy 'taco' salad!!!!!!
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    D11 L2...... LOVE L2! I wish I would have started level 2 a couple of days ago, and to think I was so tentative to start it.:tongue:
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    D11 total, D1L2 done. L2 is actually harder than I expected, but I made it through. I'm starting to resent Natalie, cheating b!@#$.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 done yesterday. Differences since Day 1:

Day 1: had to stop about 2-4 times to count to 5 seconds and rejoin.
    Day 1: jump rope move killed me, cardio-wise.
    Day 1: ALL push-ups done the modified way with knees on the floor and still were a challenge of upper body strength.
    Day 1: had a habit of screaming at Jillian, "my god, bi**h, aren't you done with me yet?!"

Day 9: no stopping! May have caught my breath for 2 seconds here or there but only to reset and go full-force on the cardio.
    Day 9: can jump rope without stopping even though i still don't enjoy it.
    Day 9: did a full 30 seconds of REAL push-ups and though i can't go REALLY far down, i have good form and knees are up!
    Day 9: have taken a dislike to Jillian in general but not because she's killing me. I have a feeling the screaming will begin again on level 2, from what i've read about it!

So today I should move on to level 2. I'm really scared! I'm trying to tell myself it's just like starting level 1- it will be really hard for a little while and give way to a better workout in the near-future. Will report back about the experience of level 2 tonight!

Also, a big thank you to all of you "Serious Shredders" *especially you, MEL!!!* for your dedication to the challenge and for sharing your journeys with me. I am definitely going through a depressive funk and don't want to do much of anything but knowing that i need to report back to you guys and also knowing that EVERYONE is facing one thing or another that is a hindrance to their progress (or will at some point) makes me get up, dust off my boots, and keep on going.