!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 done yesterday. Differences since Day 1:

Day 1: had to stop about 2-4 times to count to 5 seconds and rejoin.
    Day 1: jump rope move killed me, cardio-wise.
    Day 1: ALL push-ups done the modified way with knees on the floor and still were a challenge of upper body strength.
    Day 1: had a habit of screaming at Jillian, "my god, bi**h, aren't you done with me yet?!"

Day 9: no stopping! May have caught my breath for 2 seconds here or there but only to reset and go full-force on the cardio.
    Day 9: can jump rope without stopping even though i still don't enjoy it.
    Day 9: did a full 30 seconds of REAL push-ups and though i can't go REALLY far down, i have good form and knees are up!
    Day 9: have taken a dislike to Jillian in general but not because she's killing me. I have a feeling the screaming will begin again on level 2, from what i've read about it!

Sarah - thank you so much for posting this. I had done one or two workouts before I got the flu and started back up again this past monday so technically this is only day 4 of level 1 for me in a row and I am feeling extremely discouraged. I feel like I am always stopping for a few seconds here and there and getting so disgusted with myself for not being able to do it continuously. Glad to see there may be a light at the end of the tunnel that is level 1 for me. lol
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    day 11 done and im sorta sore.. wasnt expecting to be at all but i am
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Today I did level 2 AND 3 one after the other!! Really tough but felt great afterwards. Will now move on to level3 (tho still think some of the level 2 moves r hard)
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello, day 11, level 2 in the pack. My tush is hurting. I think level 2 is a bit easier, less jumping jacks. Happy shredding guys.
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    L1 D 9 and 10 DONE!! so ive watched level 2. The walking push ups scare me!!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    and I don't think my kitten cares for Jillian..... he tried to attack her through the TV today.
  • erinserin
    erinserin Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    L2D4 Done! :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    done with day 11, level 1.. still scared to try level two :/ almost on the verge of quitting level one and doing JMs beginners dvds or something...maybe im just not cut out for the shred :(
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Just finished my Day 11 on Level 1 ... I had a bit of a strain on my shoulder today so I went back to Level 1. From now on I think I will switch back and forth with Level 1 n 2. Great going everyone .. Keep it up !
    ~ SERIOUS SHREDDERS GROUP - Days 01-11 (17-27th October) ~

*Member*........................*Total Workouts*.....*Wkts on Level 1*.....*Wkts on Level 2*.....*Wkts on Level 3*

AleenaZ........................................10..............................09..................................01..................................00

I have done 2 level 2's and 9 Level 1's as of today
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    done with day 11, level 1.. still scared to try level two :/ almost on the verge of quitting level one and doing JMs beginners dvds or something...maybe im just not cut out for the shred :(

You're doing GREAT ! Don't give up ! We're all in this together .. WE CAN DO IT !

I have done level 2 only twice so far and I actually prefer level 2 instead of 1. I find the jumping jacks much harder than anything on level 2 LOL !
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, level two day one done and I'm dripping in sweat. Level two is no joke. I psyched myself out getting all confident and comfortable in level one. I should have moved up quicker, but am too much of a lazy pansy to move ahead. But I'm glad I made it to level two and I am sure I can get through ten days of this too! Yikes! And not just a jump rope move, but a double jump!! LOL, oh geeeez. You guys got this, who doesn't want a challenge?? We cant stay on level one forever! :)
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

don't give up! i've been down on myself lately too because i've done the shred before (when i was in better shape), and this time i can't do all of the moves at their pace, and i sometimes have to take breaks- but push through and do only what you can! just don't stop moving! you will get stronger and be able to more if you stick with it, i promise:) best of luck to you!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    oh, i forgot to add level 2 day 3 done!
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm still sick! Stupid sinus cold. I tried the netipot tonight (saline solution through the nose) and we'll see if that helps. I can't believe I"m behind!
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    Day 8 completed today! getting much easier need to up my weights i think
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Day 10 down, but it was day 10 and day 1 of level 2! proud of myself for powering through! some hard moves in there.
    and seriously, get rid of natalie already :laugh:
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 done yesterday. Differences since Day 1:

Day 1: had to stop about 2-4 times to count to 5 seconds and rejoin.
    Day 1: jump rope move killed me, cardio-wise.
    Day 1: ALL push-ups done the modified way with knees on the floor and still were a challenge of upper body strength.
    Day 1: had a habit of screaming at Jillian, "my god, bi**h, aren't you done with me yet?!"

Day 9: no stopping! May have caught my breath for 2 seconds here or there but only to reset and go full-force on the cardio.
    Day 9: can jump rope without stopping even though i still don't enjoy it.
    Day 9: did a full 30 seconds of REAL push-ups and though i can't go REALLY far down, i have good form and knees are up!
    Day 9: have taken a dislike to Jillian in general but not because she's killing me. I have a feeling the screaming will begin again on level 2, from what i've read about it!

Sarah - thank you so much for posting this. I had done one or two workouts before I got the flu and started back up again this past monday so technically this is only day 4 of level 1 for me in a row and I am feeling extremely discouraged. I feel like I am always stopping for a few seconds here and there and getting so disgusted with myself for not being able to do it continuously. Glad to see there may be a light at the end of the tunnel that is level 1 for me. lol

lol, there is hope! i just did level 2 for the first time. i was SWIMMING in sweat on level one. i thought i was going to drown tonight! keep going. anything is better than nothing and it's important not to let one or two days derail us. personally, that's my problem in the first place! the whole not stopping thing is new to me. i'm glad the post helped! keep it up!
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 completed! I kicked *kitten*! My friend did it with me and she says (I quote) "It hurted!" lol

One more day of level one then onto level 2! I'm soooo scared!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Are you doing other things beside the Shred? I don't think I'd be seeing much result if I was just doing the 25 minutes a day. I also do cardio at the gym and lift weights and the Shred is like an extra challenge. Don't be down on yourself for keeping with Anita (or even modifying Anita!) if you have to. You will get stronger if you stick with it.

Two months ago I couldn't walk the four blocks to my car after work without getting out of breath and now I'm working out 6-7 days a week and RUNNING on the treadmill - never thought I would do that - still can't believe it! We all had to start something and push through and we're still doing it. Keep at it and you won't be disappointed with yourself when we all complete this challenge together!

For me, I did C25K for Day 2 on the treadmill and then was so tired I went back to Level 1 on the Shred. After the cooldown I couldn't even make myself push the button on the DVD player so I just let it keep playing. I told myself to push through and try to complete Level 2 and I did! I feel great and so beyond exhausted.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

Are you doing other things beside the Shred? I don't think I'd be seeing much result if I was just doing the 25 minutes a day. I also do cardio at the gym and lift weights and the Shred is like an extra challenge. Don't be down on yourself for keeping with Anita (or even modifying Anita!) if you have to. You will get stronger if you stick with it.

Two months ago I couldn't walk the four blocks to my car after work without getting out of breath and now I'm working out 6-7 days a week and RUNNING on the treadmill - never thought I would do that - still can't believe it! We all had to start something and push through and we're still doing it. Keep at it and you won't be disappointed with yourself when we all complete this challenge together!

For me, I did C25K for Day 2 on the treadmill and then was so tired I went back to Level 1 on the Shred. After the cooldown I couldn't even make myself push the button on the DVD player so I just let it keep playing. I told myself to push through and try to complete Level 2 and I did! I feel great and so beyond exhausted.

i walk a few times a week .. 3 miles/day taking kid to school and going to pick her up..two or three days a week (stupid alternating days *grumbles*) and wednesdays i walk another 2 miles to pick up my produce box/come home.. i try to get a walk in around the lake once a week .. about 2.6 miles. other than that its just normal every day stuff like cleaning up after my kids and grocery shopping. ive been thinkin about starting c25k but i would have to do it outside, and i dont have access to a treadmill...just dont know if i want to start when its so cold out