Senior Golden Sneakers............November

Options
2536710wdtho5ym1q.gif

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you Sandy for the new thread. Did you stay up til 1:00 AM just to start it?:bigsmile:

I have left over candy in my purse. We got a grand total of 16 kids last night. My neighbor, two blocks away, had over 100 in the first hour.:laugh:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandy for continuing the thread!:flowerforyou: I've been MIA but don't want to lose you guys!:wink: Happy November! A month to be grateful.:bigsmile: That is my goal. To try to continue this new walk but with an Attitude of Gratitude!
    God Bless:heart:
    BirdieM:heart::drinker: :heart:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandy you are awesome !!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Dressed up for Halloween and handed out candy.
    My girlfriend and her husband came by for a visit and I gave her some chips, she loves Lays.
    We had less than 50 kids this year. I remember the first year we bought our house we had 350 kids.
    So needless to say, we had candy for 120 kids. Now we have 50 bags of chips left over. I brought
    the chocolate to work and now I will have to bring the chips too.

New month, new goals. Hope to be down 10 pounds by January and next Doctor's appt.
    Going to dust off my Wii Fit Plus and get going.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    TO OUR SANDY:heart::heart: :heart:
    [img][/img]2347405ijmudstjhh.gif
    You did it again!

Where's MARIE this morning? She usually opens the thread!
    BECKY, living in our Adult over 55 Community, we don't ever have candy around, even on Hallowe'en! Don't get too tempted!
    PHOEBE, does *** mean you posted while sleeping?
    BIRDIE, welcome back; always good to see you
    SHIRLEY, hope you meet your Nov. goal. Wish I had the desire to set one for myself!

Woke up very late this morning after a dermatology procedure that left me achy and tired last night; so I started today with breakfast at lunchtime! We were lucky to escape all the flooding just south of us, and I wondered how GIGI's Mom made out. If you're out there, Gigi, let us know. Also, how are all of you in that wild spate of early snowstorms? South Florida got up to 14" of rain, but here it disappeared into our grounds quickly. Lakes are full over the tops again, and today is officially the start of our dry season.....maybe!
    Buzz
  • piquilter
    Options
    New month, new goals.
    Going to dust off my Wii Fit Plus and get going.
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    :smile:
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Seen the bumper stickers? HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS, TEXT WHILE DRIVING TO MEET HIM!

Can you believe that it is necessary to spend time and money to debate whether or not this should be a law????:noway:

Maddie:heart: Just thinkin'

And SANDY: Thanks for staying up past midnight to do this page!! :laugh:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    t.gifh.gifa.gifn.gifk.gifempty.gify.gifo.gifu.gif

Thank you Sandy for staying up late and starting the new thread
    it wasn't late here. I was still up calling in my votes for Dancing With the Stars but I didn't take time to reply.

:flowerforyou: we just came back from a yummy brunch with friends----crepes with all sorts of fillings, yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter, chopped nuts, dried cranberries, coconut, chocolate chips, chicken sausage, sauteed veggies, applesauce. It was delicious and the conversation with our friends went on for hours. I may or may not even try to log the food. I was sort of moderate but did eat peanut butter and chopped nuts :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: my goal for November is about the ninety minute dog walk each morning. In order to fit it in before being to line dance at 9 AM, I have to walk for almost an hour in the dark ( it will get better for awhile when daylight savings time ends and then get a lot worse). The weather will get colder and it may be raining and I'm determined to walk, no matter what.
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sandy, thanks for starting the new thread

Maddie, that's a great bumper sticker:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    No time to write much. 3 more treatments to go. Can hardly wait until I am done.

Best wishes to all.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump:flowerforyou: Hoping that with the cold weather setting in I'll have more time to spend on the forum. :smile:
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello Seniors

Thank you Sandy for starting the thread, you are so nice to keep us up on our senior sneakers thread.

Today I had a day to play. I went to town and mall shopped, something I don't do much, and picked up some Christmas gifts for the girls in the family. Then I walked for about 10 minutes in the mall.

Then I met my friend for lunch and we caught up on family things and visted for a couple of hours.
    Then I decided to go to target and see if I could find more christmas gifts and I did. So now I have almost half bought and will send them money too. Teenagers love money go figure.

I thought I ate too much today but it was ok.
    Got to go company coming.
    Chris
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Chris, I must be an "old" teenager.:laugh: I love money also.

:flowerforyou: Dee, hope that you do find more time to be here. I love your signature...yes, this is the day the Lord has made.

:flowerforyou: YEAH Jeri, almost done. I am feeling your excitement. Best of health to you.:heart:

:flowerforyou: Barbie, next time you have a brunch with friends, invite me !!! Yum. :laugh:

I had forgotten just how good a workout one gets with Zumba. I really worked up a sweat.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Happy November Sneakers and well done as ever Sandy for kicking us off!:bigsmile:

Irene ~ It's just lovely to see that little heart and know you are still with us and I'm sending a ton of them back to you. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: God bless.

Jeri ~ You hang in there sweetheart. Three more and counting eh but the time will go and we'll all be praying for a great outcome. A ton of hearts for you too! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Barbie ~ You are inspirational and I know your posts will kick me up the backside to get out walking when our bad weather really starts. I don't know about 90 minutes but can certainly do a lot more than I managed last winter which was practically nothing and why I'm here!!

Buzz ~ An official dry season? What a wonderful idea. I'm afraid Cornwall is more likely to have an official wet season that would run from January to December!:laugh:

Phoebe ~ I love to hear about your kittens. I think you will find once they're a little older their instincts will tell them when they need to be safe in your home rather than outside and will soon make good use of the catflap. Having said that my Jasper has become seriously confused since he had to be kept in with his injured paw. I'd had to lock the catflap so he couldn't get out but now he has his freedom again he seems to think he can't come in if I'm at home and just sits and looks at me through the glass in a pathetic way. When I'm out he doesn't seem to have a problem as I often find he's returned home while I've been away and settled on to the spare bed, his favourite place! I'm hoping a cold blast of winter air will get him trying harder to find his way in when I'm around! Having just finished typing this he's come straight in the catflap because he can't see me at the computer from the door. Silly boy!!:laugh:

I managed to get some early shopping done just before more rain came hurtling across the moors but am off out again to visit a lovely lady I used to see regularly when working for social services. She'll be 91 on Friday and is a joy. If ever I find I need some fighting spirit as I get older I'll think of her. Then tomorrow I have friends from London dropping in for lunch on their way to a long weekend further down into Cornwall. I was going to make pumpkin soup from a recipe a friend sent me but the ones in the stores looked ropey for the money so I'm going to make fish and sweet potato soup instead. Never made it before so it could go either way!!:bigsmile:

Have we heard from those of our friends in the snow and ice? That weather system is about to hit us but because it's crossed a warm Atlantic we're only getting rain I'm pleased to say.

Everyone take care
    Jackie:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandy for gettin us into Nov. I have been posting but seems they didn't get sent off.
    Sorry about that.
    I am doing fine and so is Jerry and so is Sammy. We are so ready for this cooler temp. It has been rather nice around here
    Toddayis grocer buying day. Thats good for I took a break from my cole slaw and now I am hungry for it. I have been taking too many bites here and there and it is showing up. Bad Girl me.
    Just wanted to tell you all Happy Nov. Have a great time.
    Sure glad to see Jeri and Irene pop their heads into our site.
    Love you all. Marie
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Marie, I understand the bites here and there. Remember halloween was just this week. CANDY !!!!

:flowerforyou: Jackie, I am so glad that you are here. I have never spoken to anyone from England until now. I love hearing of your life and the different words you have for things. Is the fish IN the sweet potato soup or is it on it's own? I would love to have the soup recipe. Is it fairly low calorie?

So far this week (and it is just the second day :laugh: ), I have been faithful to the YMCA. I know that as long as I don't miss even one class that I will do fine. I am the type that once I miss one I will continue to miss.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Jackie, we have raccoons and possums, a.k.a. o'possums here. AFTER we left home this week, and leaving the pet door open, dh says that he is very worried about leaving that pet door open! ARGH! !! Why didnt he say something before we left. Then I began to wonder about 'Bruiser'. He is the illedged father of the kittens. He might enter thru the flap and he would spray everything. Yuk! Well, we will just have to see what happens. Im still laughing at mr. Master manipulater, Jasper! He is still not over his 'pity pot', lol!

Marie, I hope you will be back to visit more often, it isnt the same without you.
    Becky, I bought some candy but havent eaten it, yet! Hope to forget about it.

Have a great evening
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    A pet door would be great. But, I rent, so I can't have one. I have three cats. One of them is about 7 and he is in and out all the time. When it gets super cold, he will be spending more time in the house. Then, there is the kitten that my son rescued from a crack in a porch. Took him 2 hours to get her out. Her mother is a wild barn cat so she wouldn't take her baby back. My daughter hand fed her and we have kept her. She is such a baby. Finally, there is the neurotic cat who lives in the basement. She didn't always live there but took up housing there when the little kitten arrived. I will go to the basement and have a seat and she will be all over me. Funny cat. I found aa opossum on my front porch the other night. Never seen one there before. We live in town so these critters don't show up much.

Tonight I have my Hip Hop class at 6:30 and then a Zumba class at 7:30. This will give me an hour and a half of dancing.:bigsmile: