30 Day Shred: October - November - Anyone Keen?

Options

Replies

• Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow!

Good luck to you! Remember, the hardest part is getting past the first 3 days and then you get stronger by the day!

It definitely is! Push through and then you feel such a great achievement as you count down the days, you won't want to miss a day. Good luck!
  • Sambo004
    Options
    lvl1 day 5 done... I noticed I gained 4lbs since starting this workout. Did you see increase in your weight when you first started (im assuming its muscle mass since it weighs more than fat does, or inflamed muscles absorbing water) but a lot of posts I see are people who are actually losing weight doing it. What are your guys experiences the first 10 days of the program in this sense? did you see weight gain/loss? I haven't lost any inches yet.

I picked up weight and inches in level 1!!!!! NOT a nice feeling!! Then when I reached level 2, I could feel that my clothes were getting loser.......(after the gaining weight, I have decided to not weigh myself untill I am finished. Makes me stay positive and not discouraged by disappointment!) Anyway, I have read lots of comments saying they pick up and then lose later. Stick with it, sure you will get good results!!

Annibester is right. The first time I did it, I didn't weight until the end of L2 (and then I only did because of the injury that made me stop). I had read a lot of comments on different threads from people saying that they gained in the first 2 levels and then starting dropping from the third week. I only lost 1.3 kgs first time round, but lots of cm's which is what counts in the long run hey :) Don't be deterred. I'm sure it's muscle and you'll start dropping as you keep going. I recommend not weighing until the end (though I know that's very hard to do sometimes). Good luck! And don't worry, it really does work!
  • Sambo004
    Options
    :frown: Oh man I missed three whole days! :sad: Feel so guilty, but it couldn't be helped.
    We moved this weekend and it took us the whole three days to do so.... moving three kids stuff and our own and a household and a garage full of stuff... holy cow it was hectic!!! The dvd was in some box and the TV wasn't even connected till last night. So yeah... I'm behind now. Luckily I know I got some good workouts these past days as I still managed to get to gym (don't even know how I did it) and picking up boxes and unpacking and bending and twisting and and and.... My muscles felt it all right!!

Okay did L2D6 this morning! And it was hard because my body is tired and muscles sore. Hoping tomorrow might be better again.

Still have half a house to unpack so I'm sure I'll be getting more exercise in that way. :laugh:

Wow! That's hectic! Moving house is so stressful and I can only imagine how hard it would be with kids. Don't stress, I'm sure you'll get back into things really quickly and it sounds like you got enough exercise with the move, getting to gym (amazing - I would never have bothered) and just the stress! Well done on getting back on the horse so quickly. You are a rock star!
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Wow so level 3 kicked my butt!!!! L3D1 Done! Let me just say I have no ups! I can not jump very high at all and not sure that I will ever get those last jumps in Cir 3 to the advance level!!

Aren't they awful! The entire workout feels like it's make or break just because of those damn jumps! I hate them with a burning passion. On a better note, when I first started them, I could barely get off the ground and I'm getting higher and higher every day. So you do improve. Glad to have you join me :happy:
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Wow so level 3 kicked my butt!!!! L3D1 Done! Let me just say I have no ups! I can not jump very high at all and not sure that I will ever get those last jumps in Cir 3 to the advance level!!

Well done Aem!!
    Oh dear oh dear.... I'm dreading Level 3.... LOL! But in the same breath looking forward to the challenge!

Even though those last set of jumps are awful, I still way prefer Level 3 to Level 2. We'll see if I still feel the same by the end of it all :laugh:
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Starting over today! I missed a couple days and then got sick. Decided I would just wait until Nov 1 and start fresh! Wish me luck for a better go at it. I've done it once, I can do it again.

You totally can of course! Hope you feel much better and you did the right thing getting better first. Welcome back, we've missed you :flowerforyou:
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Level 3 Day 6 done! I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to get to the end. HA HA!!! No but seriously, can't believe I have only 4 more days, or that I'll have done 30 straight days by the end. All I feel like is a day off, but I know that I'm going to feel weird when I do have one. Oh, and those damn squat and rock star jumps from Cir 3!. Thank goodness they're at the end, but I kind of wish she'd just split them up over two circuits at least. Oh well. I'm getting quite nervous about measuring now and I'm hoping I pass a big personal goal on the scale too. I have just 500 grams to reach it, so here's hoping this week does it for me (holding thumbs). I really hope I get the good results I'm hoping for.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    L1D8. 22 to go. Endorphins kicked in and the workout was over before I knew it. Sweet.
  • Sambo004
    Options
    L1D8. 22 to go. Endorphins kicked in and the workout was over before I knew it. Sweet.

Love this! It's so true! High five!!!
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    :frown: Oh man I missed three whole days! :sad: Feel so guilty, but it couldn't be helped.
    We moved this weekend and it took us the whole three days to do so.... moving three kids stuff and our own and a household and a garage full of stuff... holy cow it was hectic!!! The dvd was in some box and the TV wasn't even connected till last night. So yeah... I'm behind now. Luckily I know I got some good workouts these past days as I still managed to get to gym (don't even know how I did it) and picking up boxes and unpacking and bending and twisting and and and.... My muscles felt it all right!!

Okay did L2D6 this morning! And it was hard because my body is tired and muscles sore. Hoping tomorrow might be better again.

Still have half a house to unpack so I'm sure I'll be getting more exercise in that way. :laugh:

Keep Shredding!! :tongue:

I also had to take a few days off just due to not having any time or privacy to do mine lol
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Level 3 Day 6 done! I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to get to the end. HA HA!!! No but seriously, can't believe I have only 4 more days, or that I'll have done 30 straight days by the end. All I feel like is a day off, but I know that I'm going to feel weird when I do have one. Oh, and those damn squat and rock star jumps from Cir 3!. Thank goodness they're at the end, but I kind of wish she'd just split them up over two circuits at least. Oh well. I'm getting quite nervous about measuring now and I'm hoping I pass a big personal goal on the scale too. I have just 500 grams to reach it, so here's hoping this week does it for me (holding thumbs). I really hope I get the good results I'm hoping for.

Good luck! I hope you not only reach your goal but surpass it! :bigsmile:
  • annibester
    Options
    Thanks Sambo004!! Just shows you how much I know about these things.....hehehe!! There I was blaming things going slow in SA.....oops,sorry for that! Will go and get it now. Yeah, I am excited about getting Ripped in 30!!! Anyway, I will be doing the shred a second time around first.

L2D10 done!! Level 3 tomorrow. Have not checked it out yet,will do so tonight.

Wishing everybody a good shredding day!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    L2D7 Done!! ....I'm hating L2 as well now... grrr... Only thing I like are the crunches, hehe.

I'll be doing the Shred again once I'm done with L3. I feel that I can improve a lot on all the exercises and will try do so next round.
    I'm going to order Jillian's "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" so long and will do that after the second round of Shred. :happy:
    (all the SA girls - its available on Kalahari.net)

You ladies rock!! Thank you for being such great inspirations!
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    Thanks Sambo004!! Just shows you how much I know about these things.....hehehe!! There I was blaming things going slow in SA.....oops,sorry for that! Will go and get it now. Yeah, I am excited about getting Ripped in 30!!! Anyway, I will be doing the shred a second time around first.

L2D10 done!! Level 3 tomorrow. Have not checked it out yet,will do so tonight.

Wishing everybody a good shredding day!

Well done Anni!! Let us know how you find Level 3! I'm very curious!
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options

Oh Sambo you've done so brilliantly!!! I'm sure you will be seeing some great results!
    Skipping a day is very weird for me! I still do it over a weekend but then I just have to go to gym to make up for it, LOL. How wonderful how we "need" the exercise now! Love it.
    Holding both thumbs for you that you will lose that 500gr you so hoping for! :wink:
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Yippee - Day 27 done! 3 More days guys! I'm going to feel so weird. I don't want to miss out on everyone's experience doing the Shred a second time (which I highly recommend because I was way stronger this time round), so I hope I can still keep involved. I am definitely ready to move onto the next one now. I'm shredded out and ready to get ripped now :happy:
  • Aem2381
    Aem2381 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great!

I am going to try to get my Shred in today but feel like the stomach bug is attacking me! My husband just got over it and I can not eat anything...trying to push lots of fluids....as much as I don't want to miss a day I may have too! UGH....so close only 9 days left!
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great!

I am going to try to get my Shred in today but feel like the stomach bug is attacking me! My husband just got over it and I can not eat anything...trying to push lots of fluids....as much as I don't want to miss a day I may have too! UGH....so close only 9 days left!

Oh no! So sorry - that happened to me in my first round (Day 10), but you know what, I rested for a day and it passed and I just started again and still had good results. So try and rest and make sure you're all better and keep going when you can :ohwell:
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    L1D9. 21 to go. Level 2 is inching closer...
  • Sucy1
    Sucy1 Posts: 52
    Options
    L2 Day 3 done