Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• daddylion87
    Options
    Checking in! 191.7lbs this week
    30 day shred completed on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I still have to do it today. I wrote down my measurements ... I'll have to find the paper and post those later.

Monday: 8 owls, 5 servings of veggies 10 cups of water, 257 minutes of exercise
    Tuesday: 6 owls, 5 servings of veggies 12 cups of water,.198 minutes of exercise
    Wednesday: 12 owls, 5 servings of veggies 9 cups of water, 489 minutes of exercise
    Thursday: 9 owls, 3 servings of veggies 13 cups of water, 294 minutes of exercise
    Friday: 14 owls, 7 servings of veggies 8 cups of water , 398 minutes of exercise ... still have to do the 30 day shred
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    :bigsmile: Sounds like the 30 day shred is going well....it's been a busy week to say the least and I had to scroll through to see when my last check in was. Geez-talk about slacker!!!

Here are my stats:

Mon-3 Water+5Veg=8 Newts
    Tues-3 Water+1 Veg=4 Newts
    Wed-3 Water+5 Veg=8 Newts
    Thurs-4 Water+5 Veg=9 Newts
    Fri-3 Water+4 Veg=7 Newts

I did a total of 40 tricep dips this week. It's a great workout for those flabby parts but, I keep forgetting to do them! Also, I had 155 house points since Monday and weighed in at 139.5 lbs this morning.

Hope everyone had a great week!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Thank goodness it's the weekend!! I have work tomorrow all but bring on 7.10pm when I am outta there! It's been a long week so I'm looking forward to not having to do anything on Sunday.

Stats for 4/11

OWLs - 4
    NEWTs - 10
    House Points - 30

Weight right now is still sitting at 159. I'll reweigh over the weekend and have my final to you by Sunday, but I think it'll still be 159.
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    good morning, sorry for my absence, I have been somewhat busy recently...also my laptop broke so no forum for me unless I hijack someone elses while they sleep

Here are my points this week so far and I'm also weighing in with good news!

owls 0 (sorry - I got all excited by this but I've been doing a new weights programme at the gym and just didn't get around to doing much at home)
    newts 81
    house points 187
    weigh in - 129.8, which is a loss of 4.2 pounds!

Also I think I have a NSV; yesterday I ran on a treadmill for 15 consecutive mins and I didn't even die once!
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    30 day shred completed on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I still have to do it today. I wrote down my measurements ... I'll have to find the paper and post those later.

Tuesday: 6 owls, 5 servings of veggies 12 cups of water,.198 minutes of exercise
    Wednesday: 12 owls, 5 servings of veggies 9 cups of water, 489 minutes of exercise
    Thursday: 9 owls, 3 servings of veggies 13 cups of water, 294 minutes of exercise
    Friday: 14 owls, 7 servings of veggies 8 cups of water , 398 minutes of exercise ... still have to do the 30 day shred

Wow you're doing a lot of exercise!
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Awesome weigh in and I love your new profile pic! We are slightly obsessed with zombies in my house:-)
    good morning, sorry for my absence, I have been somewhat busy recently...also my laptop broke so no forum for me unless I hijack someone elses while they sleep

Here are my points this week so far and I'm also weighing in with good news!

owls 0 (sorry - I got all excited by this but I've been doing a new weights programme at the gym and just didn't get around to doing much at home)
    newts 81
    house points 187
    weigh in - 129.8, which is a loss of 4.2 pounds!

Also I think I have a NSV; yesterday I ran on a treadmill for 15 consecutive mins and I didn't even die once!
  • daddylion87
    Options

Wow you're doing a lot of exercise!

Pretty much all I do. I am not working currently hoping to find something soon, but who knows with the economy so I devote my days to exercise. I have been sitting around depressed for too long. I need to loose all this weight and get my 6 pack back! I need a woman in my life!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    It's 1am and I can't sleep :grumble: I did forget to post my stats for today though, so good job I am awake.

OWLs - 0
    NEWTs - 8
    House Points - 240

:smile:
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    **FOOD CHALLENGE**

Similar to the previous food challenge, almost identical in fact. 1 NEWT per serving of fruit (maximum of 5 servings per day) and I'm going to suggest we stick with 1 NEWT per glass of water.

Sorry I've been so absent and not a very good prefect when it comes to creating challenges. I know they're repetitive and unoriginal, I'm sorry. I have a lot on so I've been neglecting MFP and Hufflepuff recently. Sorry guys.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hufflepuffs! I did level 2 on the 30 day shred today! Have I mentioned I HATE Jillian Micheals voice. She makes me want to rip my ears off ... Anyway I am feeling stronger already so I will stick with it. My legs are killing me today along with my back so I am going to soak in some epsom salt and hope it helps! Molly no worries! We all get a little busy and you're still checking in daily so that's awesome!

We won the House Cup last month woo hoo and I forgot to select a new Quidditch Captain ... Drum roll please ......
    Congratulations to Jenn_W!!!! Here is the badge for your signature!

quidditchcaptain.jpg

quidditchcaptain.jpg

YAY! Also we voted to change Prefects every 2 weeks so I will select the new Prefects on November 11th and they will start to post challenges on November 12th! GrEaT JOB Hufflepuffs!
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Finally a fruit challenge:smooched: Checking in for yesterday:

60 house points
    0 Owls
    4 veg+4 water

On a side note, today is my nephew's birthday party. All morning I have been thinking about that cake and how I could politely decline a piece. I don't know if there is a way? Why won't people let you say "no thanks" when it comes to food?

I find that every day is a struggle. My body craves healthy food but, it's a battle to control portions especially when I'm eating away from home. My question to you: are the people in your life supporting your efforts? I find that people tend to support or sabotage. I had a lady at work tell me that it was great that I was trying to lose weight but, that I was just going to gain it all back. THEN when I replied, "no I'm not." She insisted on making her point by saying, "yes, you will." WHO DOES THAT????
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    OK, just some newts to add to the previous stats (weekly total):

owls 0
    newts 94
    house points 187
    weigh in - 129.8

Molly Louise, a fruit challenge is a good idea and I think it's more difficult to make a fun food challenge than it is exercise (particularly since we can't do things like 1 newt per bowl of jelly and icecream) and actually the simple ones are sometimes the best. I for one will struggle to eat any fruit; I just don't like it but I will try to force down at least 7 portions of fruit over the week.

Daddylion, good luck with the 6 pack and the woman! It's good to hear you found a way out of being down in the dumps. My boyfriend is very concerned that I will develop a 6 pack and man muscles but I'm such a weakling I'm sure I'll get tired before that starts to happen.

Ms Robinson, I think it is rude to insist that people eat. You would not insist that someone use the toilet if they did not need to! I find most people to be supportive but pretty much everyone other than my dad throw junk food at me at times; particularly my mum who buys me cakes and treats because she thinks I am in poverty (I'm not, I just keep the cupboards bare because I don't want to accidentally eat everything if I have a bad or boring day). And you know that the lady you were talking to at work was only trying to put you down because she has failed at her attempts to lose weight.

I have also found an effective way of avoiding buying goodies: I have started to shop in the local Marks and Spencer shop at the local BP garage and I really don't like the cakes and deserts that they sell so I only really need to avert my gaze while standing in line in between crisps and chocolate...and because everything is so damn expensive I feel offended when asked to part with the best part of £1 for something I know I'd be better off without. Well it's worked a few times anyway!
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    by the way what's the OWL challenge? Have I missed it?
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    by the way what's the OWL challenge? Have I missed it?

OWL change? I'm not sure what you're talking about so maybe I have missed it too?
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    yeah the exercise challenge for this week
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    yeah the exercise challenge for this week

Ohh I get what you mean! I thought you meant there had been a change in OWLs or something :laugh:

It hasn't been posted yet. Hopefully Jenn will post it later today :smile:
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Awe. Crap!!! Sorry Guys! I was a lazy bum yesterday and forgot to post an OWL challenge.

I just wanna do something easy.

Cardio - 30 mins equals 1 Owl

(Do we wanna a max or unlimited?)
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    sorry i've been so MIA lately. i've been going thru a bunch of job interviews and have started volunteering again so i've just been using my phone to log in and i've also been eating so horribly i've only been listing what i've been eating in the food note section, yeah i'm really embarrassing about what i've been eating and seeing the calories adding up is depressing.

mon
    hp 116
    newt 1
    owls 0

tues
    hp 0
    newt 2
    owls 0

wed
    hp 0
    newt 1
    owls 0

thurs
    hp 65
    newt 1
    owls 0

fri
    hp 54
    newt 1
    owls 0

sat
    hp 53
    newt 1
    owls 0
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Jenn, I think no maximum is better as people will be more motivated to do more exercise! :smile:

6/11

OWLs - 1
    NEWTs - 9
    House Points - 35

Weight is still at 159. Can't complain too much, I did lose 4lbs last week!
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well, now I can't get my weight loss ticker on here. I keep thinking I am going to have time to sit down and figure out how to do things like put my ticker in my posts, reply to people and have it show up under their comment, post a picture so I am not a blue stick outline, but the truth is some days I struggle to get my food logged in. Sooo, it looks like I have not posted stats since Wednesday, so here are my stats for the remainder of the week.

Thurs. 11/3

Owls: 0
    Newts: 13 (10 waters, 3 veggies)
    House Points: 32

Friday 11/4

Newts: 7 (6 waters, 1 veggie)
    House Points: 0

Saturday: 11/5

Newts: 9 (8 waters, 1 veggie)
    House Points: 38

Sunday: 11/6

Newts: 12 (11 waters, 1 veggie)
    House Points: 45

I weighed in today--weight was 162.8 lbs. A Loss 8 )