countdown to christmas challenge continued...

Options

Replies

• _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Okay, Team Rudolph... let's start our Mondays off right!
    We can do this if we take things one day, and one exercise, at a time :happy:

There's a new gym opening up down the street from where I work... my personal challenge is to check it out and join up for a class this weekl... I'm hoping they'll have Zumba! I also found a class at our Town's community college... it's belly dancing!! but it doesn't start until January. Years ago I had a video tape of belly dancing exercises; it was so fun to do! (M-Moo-Moo it must be a blast to do it professionally!!)

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - just wanted to check in and encourage everyone to put the weekend behind them and really give it all you've got for the next five days. We don't have too many weeks left before "the holidays" so we need to make the most of it NOW!! Let's go!!:bigsmile:

Completely agree! Regardless of how many times I've said it, everyday is a new beginning :) Don't look back to this moment on December 25th and think "If only..." or "I could have..." or "I wish I had..."

JUST DO IT :bigsmile:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Lets all forget the weekend and lets kick some *kitten*!!
    I am setting todays challenge for team rudolph so here goes, come on all really push it!

50 x squats

50 x tricep dips

15 x push ups

50 x reverse crunch

50 x crunch/sit ups

DONT FORGET YOUR WATER!
    xxxxxxxxx
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend....
    Now time to burn it off :-)

So excited this week, i'm feeling really positive after a couple of bad weeks. I only put put on 1lb but noticed a big difference in my clothes, unbelievable!!!! I put on a pair of jeans on Saturday that got big on me and they were tightish again :'(

Hoping to loose another stone (14lbs) before Christmas!!! (Fingers Crossed)

Great Challenge this week! x x
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Not checked in for a while! Not been doing so great with my food choices and not doing so much exercise as I'd hope for but this week I'm challenging myself more and I will lose!!!
    Hope everyone else is doing well so far this week! :)
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing with the weekly challenges? I have been good with the not eating after 7:00 pm (although Saturday it was a little past 7:00 because we went to a restaurant and not only did we have to wait about 35 minutes to get seated, but then the service was so slow....but it was dinner, so I figure that is OK). I also haven't had any "junk" - no ice cream, cookies, candy.....Today at work, one of my coworkers who is a great baker brought in Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I probably could have made a case for those not being "junk" but I managed to stay away anyway. I REALLY am due for a loss this week, but I know it won't come easy, and it won't come if I add all those BLT's (that's Weight Watcher speak for Bites, Licks and Tastes - in other words, all those things we put in our mouth but don't count). OK - I am going out for a quick walk now (lunchtime). See you later!
  • princess_tia
    Options
    Team rudolf....

challenge completed along with no junk, dinner before 7.
  • princess_tia
    Options

There's a new gym opening up down the street from where I work... my personal challenge is to check it out and join up for a class this weekl... I'm hoping they'll have Zumba! I also found a class at our Town's community college... it's belly dancing!! but it doesn't start until January. Years ago I had a video tape of belly dancing exercises; it was so fun to do! (M-Moo-Moo it must be a blast to do it professionally!!)

See if they do spinning....the most effective cardio and u burn a lot of calories.....once u get into the spirit...its fun fun fun
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ok Ladies... Mini goal. I want to fit into the pair of jeans I have up on my window. This morning I tried them on and struggled to get over my thighs. I could get them over and buttoned but just can't sit or walk or well anything besides stand. lol:laugh: I want to comfortably wear them before the end of the month.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much the same exact goal. I bought a pair of jeans from Hollister (great price) although I can get them on and done up they do not fit right...so it is my goal to be able to wear them by the end of this month !! I have never bought myself something that didn't fit :laugh: but I thought it would help motivate me. I have not shared this with anyone but my MFP friends LOL everyone else would tell me that I am crazy!!! :bigsmile:

Lisa
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Has anyone taken their measurements lately? I haven't, so I was just curious. I know we have all been tracking our weight. I lost a little bit but have stalled. Still, I am getting to the gym a little more often soI am hoping that has helped. I know so many of you have been knocking it out of the park with the exercise, so I wondered how you were doing.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Team Rudolf here is your mini challenge for tomorrow

Butt Kicks 1 minute

Squat & Press x50

Leg/Arm Raises x50 Start on your hands and knees. Raise your left arm straight out in front of you and your right leg out straight behind you at the same time and hold for 2-3 seconds. Repeat with the opposite arm and leg. Alternate from side to side.

Side to side lunge x50 With your hands on your hips, assume a comfortable stance, feet shoulder-width apart, head up and body straight. Step with your right leg straight out to your side, as deep as you can go without moving your left foot. Plant your right foot and bend your right knee to 90 degrees. Push yourself back up to a standing position and repeat the movement alternating legs.

Butt Kicks 1 minute.

Have a great day everyone :wink:

Lisa
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of skinny jeans from 2 years ago that never really fit - even then! :laugh: I want to try to fit into those by the end of November! I've been thinking of taking measurements, but I just decided that I want to be able to feel and see the difference in the mirror/my clothes. That is a bigger reward to me than just the numbers :smile:
  • Pidders89
    Options

Butt Kicks 1 minute

Squat & Press x50

Leg/Arm Raises x50 Start on your hands and knees. Raise your left arm straight out in front of you and your right leg out straight behind you at the same time and hold for 2-3 seconds. Repeat with the opposite arm and leg. Alternate from side to side.

Side to side lunge x50 With your hands on your hips, assume a comfortable stance, feet shoulder-width apart, head up and body straight. Step with your right leg straight out to your side, as deep as you can go without moving your left foot. Plant your right foot and bend your right knee to 90 degrees. Push yourself back up to a standing position and repeat the movement alternating legs.

Butt Kicks 1 minute.

Lisa

awesome challenge for today hun! :D xxxx
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Team Dasher - Mini Challenge Today:

* 50x Butt Clenches

* 50x Crunches

* 5 Minutes - Jog on the spot

* 25x Press ups

Drink all your water and enjoy your day :-D

x x
  • _Doreen_
    Options

Butt Kicks 1 minute

Squat & Press x50

Butt Kicks 1 minute.

Lisa

I must be crazy, but this challenge sounds like fun! Ha Ha Ha!
    Thanks Lisa! :bigsmile:
  • _Doreen_
    Options

See if they do spinning....the most effective cardio and u burn a lot of calories.....once u get into the spirit...its fun fun fun

Thanks P-Tia. I'll ask them about a spinning class too! I've never done one of those either, but the MORE calories burned, the BETTER!
    :flowerforyou:
  • abazooday727
    Options
    Team Rudolph!! Challenge for tomarrow...Wednesday.. is.....

50--jump ropes or jumping jacks

40--lunges

30--minutes of relaxing to focus on Y-O-U!!

20--"TOE touch,belly rub,reach the sky's" - start by touching your toes, then go up to touch your belly, then go up reach the sky! Back to your tummy, then back to your toes---That is one...

10--Kind words to yourself!! WHISPER SWEET NOTHINGS TO YOUR FINE SELVES!!
  • Pidders89
    Options

40--lunges

20--"TOE touch,belly rub,reach the sky's" - start by touching your toes, then go up to touch your belly, then go up reach the sky! Back to your tummy, then back to your toes---That is one...

LOVE THIS! :D xxx
  • lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

40--lunges

Ready and waiting for tomorrow. Bring it on. Lx