Men Are Husbands, Not "Hubbys"

Options

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    online I call my husband Hubby all the time,I also wouldnt care if he called me wifey. I will continue to refer to him as hubby when I feel like it.:flowerforyou:

amen.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    WHERE IS MY SANDWHICH, WOMAN!!!!

The bread is there. *points* The knife is in that drawer there. *points* Everything else is in the fridge.

Go get 'em, tiger.... oh, and make me one while you're at it? :drinker:

I'd like one too, but I'm low-carbing it today, so can you make mine a wrap? Thanx, you're a Sport! (or a Hubby, or a Hubs, or a DH, or whatever!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    The things that annoy people LOL everyone is going to call their significant other what they want to call them.... if it annoys you then you don't have to call them that :wink:
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    K...never thought this would ever be an issue, but whatever, it's your prerogative. I refer to my HUSBAND as hubby quite often and he seems to like it just fine. I don't mind in the least when he refers to me as his "wifey". Guess it just depends on the person. I think it's kinda cute, unless your not married to the guy you're calling "hubby". That's not cute in the least. Don't do that. :noway:
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Ive been called a lot worse, so it doesnt bother me at all. Call me anything you want as long as you call me to the dinner table!!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I called my first husband the MG, which stood for miserable git, so do you like that better?

I use the term Hubby on forums etc as the written word Husband look too formal and as someone else pointed out, if I just used his name, a bunch of strangers probably don't know who the **** I am talking about. And you don't want me to tell you what I call him round the house, as that would probably upset you too....

So if it's OK with you, Miserable Git it is.....oh and Hubby for him indoors :tongue:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU PEOPLE REALLY ARGUING WITH A FRAT BOY?

Shouldnt the 'frat' quip have been enough to know he wasnt worth arguing with?
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK - specifically Wales. In Wales, they shorten every name. So, if your name is Caroline - you get called Ca, David is Dai, Andrew is And, Julia is Ju etc.,

As a wife I am known as; The other Half (OH), The Wife, Wifey, Her Indoors, The Mrs and rather affectionately Woman. In conversation my husband calls me by my name - he's tried calling me by other women's names but really, that just doesn't work for me!

As a husband, I call him; By his name or refer about him in conversation as my husband. However, on forums he may get called hubster, hubby or OH.

All done with the affection and understanding and the formation of idiosyncratic ways of being together for 30 years.

LOL love the Welsh sense of humour :love:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

I use the term Hubby on forums etc as the written word Husband look too formal and as someone else pointed out, if I just used his name, a bunch of strangers probably don't know who the **** I am talking about. And you don't want me to tell you what I call him round the house, as that would probably upset you too....

I do the same thing.. when on message boards, I don't use names. However, out in public I call him by his name, or by one of the nicknames we have for each other.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    why is it anyones bussiness what someone else calls their significant other?!?!?! I call mine ASSHAT!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    why is it anyones bussiness what soeone else calls their significant other?!?!?! I call mine ASSHAT!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I :heart: you!!! :laugh:
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I agree with the author of the post. I never liked the word "hubby" although my ex wanted me to call him that, and he is now my ex and I won't go into too much detail except to say that I am WAY more masculine that he is, and that's all I have to say about that. LOL :)
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Some funny comments about "smug marrieds"

If you seriously think some people get married for a big old rock or to prance around in a frock then open your eyes a bit, my wedding ring cost under 100 quid & I didn't have one for the first 2 years of marraige & we married in a registry office alone.

I married for love & if you think that makes me smug then so be it. Rather be smug that a judgmental *kitten* any day
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    why is it anyones bussiness what someone else calls their significant other?!?!?! I call mine ASSHAT!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Yes. *approving nod* Mine's just "assh*le" or "What the F*** are you DOING?" ( with strong emphasis on the capitalized words)... the last one is when he's attempting to be "helpful" in the kitchen.

I couldn't give half-a-toss what anyone calls their significant other. As I'm an informal type of chick, I refer to mine as "hubs" online to those who don't know him by his first name; "husband" sounds too formal and "DH" just makes me laugh as I've never even mentally referred to him with the term "dearest." -- a couple of other words beginning with "d" perhaps, but never "dearest."
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    We are so bothered by words and people's use of them. I call that first world problems. It makes me grateful.
  • boopiejones
    Options
    all that matters is two things: 1) the intent, and 2) whether or not the person it is directed to is OK with it.

my dad is michael, but don't call him mike. it's not his name, and it offends him even if the name mike isn't offensive on a stand alone basis.

it doesn't matter what my wife and i call each other, as long as WE are ok with it. it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Some funny comments about "smug marrieds"

If you seriously think some people get married for a big old rock or to prance around in a frock then open your eyes a bit, my wedding ring cost under 100 quid & I didn't have one for the first 2 years of marraige & we married in a registry office alone.

I married for love & if you think that makes me smug then so be it. Rather be smug that a judgmental *kitten* any day

Yeah - this :)
  • bozwa78
    Options
    For me, it;s mostly "hubby" when I'm typing, he's my husband or by his name while talking. Or The Husband, or My Man. I also call my daughter The Kid and The Child.

My husband calls me Woman and The Wife.

It's wordage. Not a big deal really. It doesn't demean anyone unless they allow it to demean them I suppose. :)

Hubbins = Funny! Never heard that one before!

Did I spell demean right? :)
  • bozwa78
    Options
    For me, it;s mostly "hubby" when I'm typing, he's my husband or by his name while talking. Or The Husband, or My Man. I also call my daughter The Kid and The Child.

My husband calls me Woman and The Wife.

It's wordage. Not a big deal really. It doesn't demean anyone unless they allow it to demean them I suppose. :)

Hubbins = Funny! Never heard that one before!

Did I spell demean right? :)