Starting 30 Day Shred 11/14/11

Options

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I just started today (11/15) - I'd love to join the discussion! I took all my measurements earlier but the paper is somewhere downstairs. I'm 5'4" and starting at 139.6 lbs. Will also be continuing other exercises including brisk walking on my treadmill with handweights. Shooting for close to 1200 net calories per day (I eat most of my exercise calories).

Day 1 kicked my butt, literally! LOL My knees are jello, hopefully of the sugar-free variety - the abs parts were really hard for me - I'll take a 'pre-30DS' pic and if I get good results by the end of the 30 days I'll post it so you can see why it's so hard for me. LOL

I will try to do it every day if I'm not in pain LOL, but I may possibly skip a day here and there if I need time for recovery (that stuff is hard!) or if life is just too hectic with 2 little ones that day.

I love the part where she says she has 400 lb people doing jumping jacks, so can you! LOL I can do them fine, problem is after 2 babies I think it's wise for me to try and do this first thing in the morning before drinking a lot of water. LOL
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I did day 1 today. I will add my numbers later.
  • nikkicampbell
    nikkicampbell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know your group is already started, but this is a DVD I was planning on purchasing tomorrow. I'm going to be a late starter by a few days, but look forward to seeing / all our measurement changes (fingers crossed) and to share moans-and-groans about sore muscles :)

Nikki
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    Just wanted to encourage you to stay with the program because I get great results from Jillian. She is the reason for my success.. After doing the 30 day shred try Ripped n 30 I got so much results from this one also. Remember the weight isnt as important as the measurements. You can lose 1 pound and gain so much muscle tone and look amazing.. Good luck to you and your crew.. :)
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of the 30 day shred... I feel amazing at the moment. I was impressed by how much I could do. I was worried I wouldnt be able to keep up. Cant wait to see the results 30 days from now.... Good luck everyone!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Okay, so I did day 1 yesterday and now today I am in a lot of pain. I guess I really need this and actually did something right. LOL My thighs are screaming at me every time I walk up and down my stairs and the front of my armpits hurt from pushups. I can feel it in my butt and abs too, but not painful like the other areas. I'm going to take a day of rest from 30DS today and just do my usual treadmill routine with small weights - hopefully I'll be able to jump back into 30DS tomorrow. If I tried to do it again today, it would be a poor excuse for a workout b/c there's no way I could keep up feeling like this. But I look forward to it tomorrow. :-)
  • queenbee917
    queenbee917 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I purchased this video over the weekend and just started it today. It really showed me what bad shape I am in but this is a good start. I read through the posts and it seems that it shouldn't be done everyday? maybe I will try three days on and one day off and see how that goes. I dont want to lose motivation. Do you guys do the tape in the morning or at night. Does everyone count it the same? Aerobics or strength, it is really a combo of both...
    Here are my measurements:

Bust: 41
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 45
    Thighs: 27
    Neck: 15.5
    Calves: 17 (right)
    Arms: 15 (right)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I purchased this video over the weekend and just started it today. It really showed me what bad shape I am in but this is a good start. I read through the posts and it seems that it shouldn't be done everyday? maybe I will try three days on and one day off and see how that goes. I dont want to lose motivation. Do you guys do the tape in the morning or at night. Does everyone count it the same? Aerobics or strength, it is really a combo of both...

I think the whole 'should I do it everyday' thing really depends on the person and their individual fitness level. This is a great workout but it's not a secret formula that has to be done every single day to work. ;-) It's exercise like any other exercise, doing it as often as you're able is great but doing it to the point of injuring yourself or not giving your body a chance to recover and rebuild muscle might be very bad. I'm hurting a lot today so I'm taking a break today and I'll be back at it tomorrow. Somebody that's not in such bad shape as me might be able to do it everyday or even several times a day with no problem. Hopefully the more I do it the better I'll get at it, and hopefully I'll be able to start trying to do it everyday if I keep working at it.

Personally I did it last night but I'm going to try to do it earlier in the day tomorrow - hopefully in the morning while my oldest is at preschool. I made up a silly code name for the workout in the exercise database and logged the calories according to what my HRM said I'd burned. If you don't have a HRM, I think a lot of people log it as 'circuit training' and go with the MFP calorie estimate. :-)
  • calmbefore
    Options
    I started yesterday 11/15. I just finished my second session and man am I tired! I used to be a swimmer and always in shape, but the past few years I sure let myself go! My arms used to be strong and toned, but I seem to be having the hardest time with the arms! I can deal with the pain of the cardio and abs, but my arms can't handle it.

After seeing result pictures, I'm determined to finish this! 28 days to go!

Does anyone have anymore encouragement to keep me (and anybody else needing it) to keep going? I can see myself getting demotivated easily.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    I started yesterday 11/15. I just finished my second session and man am I tired! I used to be a swimmer and always in shape, but the past few years I sure let myself go! My arms used to be strong and toned, but I seem to be having the hardest time with the arms! I can deal with the pain of the cardio and abs, but my arms can't handle it.

After seeing result pictures, I'm determined to finish this! 28 days to go!

Does anyone have anymore encouragement to keep me (and anybody else needing it) to keep going? I can see myself getting demotivated easily.

Just keep playing the part in your head where Jillian says "I have 400 lb people doing this, you can do it too!"
  • Dianababii
    Options
    Ok so I did completed L1D2 yesterday and I gained 2lbs?.....hoping its just water weight but feeling reeeeaaallly bummed out right now. Still going to keep going on and do L1D3 today, and hope I see a loss in the next couple of days.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D4 today. I hate using all caps, but IT DOES GET BETTER!!! My legs don't hurt as much as they did yesterday and my arms feel really good. I have to modify the cardio because I live in an apartment and shred at 6am. But I'm getting my cardio other ways - spin class 3x a week and walking at least 2 miles a day. I'm going to try to do it everyday. Can't wait to measure in again in 26 days.
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do you have room for one more? I'd love to join you guys!

I started on Monday and my legs were SO sore that I could barely walk. I thought I was in decent shape because I've been running for the last several months, but I guess not :wink: I did L1D2 today and I feel much better and kept up a little better too, so hopefully I won't be as sore tomorrow.

I'm planning on doing the shred 5 days a week, but we'll see how it goes...
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I did Day 2 Level 1 today.

Here are my numbers:
    height 5' 8"
    SW 172
    thigh 23.5
    belly button 39.3
    below belly button 41.5
    hips 41.5
    calf 15.5
    neck 13.5
    chest 37.75
    bicep 11.3
  • cjayplus2
    cjayplus2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me today. Managed to get a tape measure so have all my stats to post now..

Height: 5'4"
    SW: 76kg
    CW: 72.8kg
    L Arm: 13"
    R Arm: 13"
    L Thigh: 24.5"
    R Thigh: 25.5"
    Waist: 33"
    Hips: 42"
    Chest: 37.5"
  • fitmel08
    Options
    Hey group! I just saw this, I know I'm a few days late but I'm in on this! I did exercise on the 15th & 16th (today) anyway, so at least I'm doing something :)

I'll take my measurements tomorrow morning. I don't know if I want to focus on weight or inches b/c I always get un-motivated really fast. So I think at this point I just want to start by exercising 4-5 days per week and logging my food (since I'm horrible at consistency) and know that my body will benfit from it either way!
  • jewels68
    Options
    Made it through day 3. Had a hard time with day 2 and only made it through part of the DVD. push my way through... Sore as hell though. lol
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    yay just completed day 2 of level 1:smile: im real proud of myself cos i came home and did it after working an 11 hour day on my feet so im feeling a real sense of achievement right now:happy:
    i am doing shred every other day this week and going to increase to daily next week! i dont want to go to hard out and injure myself which is what normally happend tehe
    the pushups are sooooo hard! i cant wait to be able to do them without pausing and shaking hahahahaha

hope everyone is going well with it:wink:

3926322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • calmbefore
    Options
    I just completed day 3 of level 1 and I'm ready to hurt Jillian! I feel great though, and I can already feel/see differences in my body and endurance level.
    Hope everyone is doing well with it!
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello Shredders!

Finished day 3 last night sorry I didn't post earlier. How is everyone doing? Last night I would say for me was the hardest workout so far. I was just tired and felt weak, although I made it through almost all of the side squat and lift which is one of the toughest for me. I am less sore the more I workout so that I think is a plus. I didn't look forward to it last night but once I started I felt so much better and stronger.

Question for all of you. What helps you stay motivated? One thing for me is that I have you all to report to the next day. I do feel you all hold me accountable. I also want to fit into some of my smaller clothes again. :) After today 26 days to go!

I will check in later tonight to see how everyone is doing. Don't forget to friend each other and comment on each others updates for support.

Carrie