April~ Biggest Loser DVDs / Challenges (New Members welcome!

Options

Replies

• constancemwj
    Options
    :bigsmile: Well I'm happy to report that after last weekend (Easter) :cry: I'm back on track and the scale is showing it again. Even thought I've been stuck in the house all weekend because of storms, I've been eating good and working out on the treadmill and with DVD's and fell great. Thanks to you guys.... :flowerforyou: It makes it easer when you know you have to report to someone... But tomarrow is back to work . Soooooooooooo can I keep it up?????????????:huh:

Welcome to Laura & tabbyn :happy: this is a great group.... Every time you feel weak just get on this sight and these ladies will give you what you need to keep going. Just don't give- up.

Buy the way do we have a challange for this week yet??????????????
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    ohhhh MIna darn it I don't know becuase I didn't start watching BL until the next season!! grrrr...maybe google season 4 and see if you can get any information. I wish they would have BL marathons here!!!! Oh well. WELCOME Laura, don't feel guilty about the pizza or hot wings...(ouch for my tummy right there...) I agree with our dearest crystal, better than a cigarette. I know that when I battled grief what I turned to was food. So you ate bad tonight, just start again right.....NOW. and voila you are back on the wagon and ready to go. The past is the past and it needs to stay there. Although the past can teach you alot. LIke for instance I look back and see some of the mistakes I made and I can see how much I learned....Like looking behind you before you back up in a parking lot...those nasty parked cars just leap out a person....but don't worry about it so much~! I am so sorry for your loss!!!!!:frown:

Ladies I did good today I think. I am not sure how many cals I burned out in the yard, I forgot my HRM and I didn't want to stop. So I just know that I did pretty good! Tomorrow is another day and I am pumped for it!!!
    Tabby I am so glad you joined us!! I am glad that I saw your post for BL workouts. We are always looking for new people to join our fun little group!

EVeryone have a good night, MIna have a good mornign!!!!!! HUGSSSSSSS
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    ohhhh MIna darn it I don't know becuase I didn't start watching BL until the next season!! grrrr...maybe google season 4 and see if you can get any information. I wish they would have BL marathons here!!!! Oh well. WELCOME Laura, don't feel guilty about the pizza or hot wings...(ouch for my tummy right there...) I agree with our dearest crystal, better than a cigarette. I know that when I battled grief what I turned to was food. So you ate bad tonight, just start again right.....NOW. and voila you are back on the wagon and ready to go. The past is the past and it needs to stay there. Although the past can teach you alot. LIke for instance I look back and see some of the mistakes I made and I can see how much I learned....Like looking behind you before you back up in a parking lot...those nasty parked cars just leap out a person....but don't worry about it so much~! I am so sorry for your loss!!!!!:frown:

Ladies I did good today I think. I am not sure how many cals I burned out in the yard, I forgot my HRM and I didn't want to stop. So I just know that I did pretty good! Tomorrow is another day and I am pumped for it!!!
    Tabby I am so glad you joined us!! I am glad that I saw your post for BL workouts. We are always looking for new people to join our fun little group!

EVeryone have a good night, MIna have a good mornign!!!!!! HUGSSSSSSS

Thank you so much. The good news is that I only ate the hot wings and only one slice of pizza LOL and today has been a great new day!! I have been way under my max calories and even did the biggest loser yoga dvd for the first time and then went for a walk/jog to think and channel my sad emotions into something other than eating the leftover pizza. So I have definitely done great today.

Its definitely nice to find a group on here that will let you join in the middle :smile: Thanks so much for your support so far. I really appreciate it.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Oh so I am falling of here abit ............HELP ..........

I am up on my weight this am again argh I am getting MAD :explode: So starting today things are gonna change .. I do great then I get in a funk .....

I am seriously thinking of hitting a gym!!

Mina they probably lost more percentage cause they may not have been as heavy as the others...
    three people i nour group lost 2 pounds and all different %s

Speaking of which I put a poll up on http://mfphealthattack.aimoo.com/ to see what we should do for the challenges !!!

Lets start by getting a challenge from Amanda since she has the highest % !!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Just finished TBL Yoga L1 & L2 then finished out the hour with jumping jacks and jumping lunges and random stuff to heep heart rate up = 291 calories burnt !! Then drank about 16 oz of water !!

It is a rainy day so no playing outside today with the girls so I will get out the sauna suit and jump on that treadmill for only 30 mins today ( I think )

Hope everyone is having a good monday!! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options

I am up on my weight this am again argh I am getting MAD :explode: So starting today things are gonna change .. I do great then I get in a funk .....

HANG IN THERE!! Your weight can fluctuate so much from day to day! Keep making good choices & keep working out & it'll come!! You've done so well!! Celebrate your success & know that more will come!
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I am seriously thinking of hitting a gym!!

Mina they probably lost more percentage cause they may not have been as heavy as the others...
    three people i nour group lost 2 pounds and all different %s

Speaking of which I put a poll up on http://mfphealthattack.aimoo.com/ to see what we should do for the challenges !!!

Lets start by getting a challenge from Amanda since she has the highest % !!

I soo feel you Crystal. Yesterday I started out good. But my friend had a cookout at his house. You know what that means- hot dogs and hamburgers! The only veggies there were to put on the burgers! Goodness! So I had way too many calories yesterday! I am proud of myself for going home and doing the Biggest Loser dvd though! I made myself do the Low Impact Aerobic (I'm trying to do that for a week or so) and then I made myself do most of the Strength and Sculpt. But I'm still disappointed in myself.

I know one thing though- --- the next cookout is at my house where a ginormous salad will be served- and a fruit cup for dessert! YUM!!!! and ok maybe some hot dogs for the kiddos that may come. :O)
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I soo feel you Crystal. Yesterday I started out good. But my friend had a cookout at his house. You know what that means- hot dogs and hamburgers! The only veggies there were to put on the burgers! Goodness! So I had way too many calories yesterday! I am proud of myself for going home and doing the Biggest Loser dvd though! I made myself do the Low Impact Aerobic (I'm trying to do that for a week or so) and then I made myself do most of the Strength and Sculpt. But I'm still disappointed in myself.

I know one thing though- --- the next cookout is at my house where a ginormous salad will be served- and a fruit cup for dessert! YUM!!!! and ok maybe some hot dogs for the kiddos that may come. :O)

If you do one at your house, get jennieO turkey dogs for yourself or even take them when you go to other peoples house for a bbq. That always works for me. And another good idea is to do a big tray of fresh veggies like carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower too. Then you can munch on veggies instead of chips or whatever.
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mina has a confession to make!

I got home early last night... AND DIDN'T WORKOUT! Hehe. I just saw my bed and curled up with a book. I couldn't resist. AND I ATE MALTESERS!

Oh well...

Today I didn't wake up early to work out. I ended up rushing to the office because I had an 8:30AM meeting which got CANCELLED!

I think I'm going to finish work as fast as I can today and rush home to workout like maaaad!

Also, I really want to up my workouts to twice a day. I haven't been able to do it consistently. But I heard you burn calories longer that way. So let's hope I can wake up at 5:30AM tom. :)

See yah wonderful women!
  • GoyaMommy13
    Options
    I bought a heart monitor and I used it during the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. It says I worked out 770 calories total. Is that right??? LOL

I've never used a HRM before- and it seems like that's a crazy number! Does anyone use their heart monitor during a cardio dvd? Is that normal results? I don't want to enter it in my exercise- if it's not right.

Thanks, Ladies!
  • GoyaMommy13
    Options

If you do one at your house, get jennieO turkey dogs for yourself or even take them when you go to other peoples house for a bbq. That always works for me. And another good idea is to do a big tray of fresh veggies like carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower too. Then you can munch on veggies instead of chips or whatever.

Thanks for the tips, Laura! I'll remember this for next time- so I dont set myself up! Lol
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Crystal it sounds like you got the storm that we had, it rained and snowed for 3 days. :tongue: But today was so nice when I got home from work after dinner I couldn't resist a long walk before it got dark tonight..
    I had a dr. appointment this morinig... She was very glad to see I've lost some lbs sence last time. they also took blood..... I can't wait to see if my munbers are down any....:grumble: they better be!!!!!!

Hay mina, Having a job really makes weight loss ruff...... I leave my home at 6am and don't get home useally until 5pm.... sometimes at lunch I try to fit in some sort of exersise.... but most of my workout takes place in the evening after I get home...... and some evenings all I want to do is climb into bed too. But this sight has really helped me..... And I've read that it is better to do severaly shorter (say 10 - 15 mins ) workouts then one long intence workout..... I havn't put it to the test yet, maybe we should?

amanda, Whats our challange I'm excited to get going!!!!

by the way Jenny I'm in Colorado, Thanks for all the little notes they give me a lift:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hope you all had a good day :flowerforyou:
    Connie
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Hay mina, Having a job really makes weight loss ruff...... I leave my home at 6am and don't get home useally until 5pm.... sometimes at lunch I try to fit in some sort of exersise.... but most of my workout takes place in the evening after I get home...... and some evenings all I want to do is climb into bed too. But this sight has really helped me..... And I've read that it is better to do severaly shorter (say 10 - 15 mins ) workouts then one long intence workout..... I havn't put it to the test yet, maybe we should?

amanda, Whats our challange I'm excited to get going!!!!

by the way Jenny I'm in Colorado, Thanks for all the little notes they give me a lift:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hope you all had a good day :flowerforyou:
    Connie

Hey Connie!

Yeah I read somewhere that your body keeps burning calories up to 8 hours after your workout. So if you broke your workouts into two sessions than you'll be burning 16 hours in a day instead of 8. I also want to put that theory to the test, if only I could wake up early!

I usually leave for the office around 7 or 7:30am and don't get home until around 8 or 9pm... And it gets worse when I have deadlines, dinners or events. So my exercise schedule is really erratic. I figure if I can just get that morning workout in, then I won't feel so bad if I have to miss the one in the evening.

Let's see if I can do it tom! And definitely hope to work out tonight.

And yeah what's our challenge!?!? I was watching an episode of BL last night where they did a mini-triathalon. INTENSE!

:heart: Mina
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    I bought a heart monitor and I used it during the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. It says I worked out 770 calories total. Is that right??? LOL

I've never used a HRM before- and it seems like that's a crazy number! Does anyone use their heart monitor during a cardio dvd? Is that normal results? I don't want to enter it in my exercise- if it's not right.

Thanks, Ladies!
    When I first used mine I was reading the Total for all the workouts!! Not just that single workout!!
    Who knows that could be right !! I burn almost 250 doing Yoga !!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Thanks, Ladies!

It could definitely be correct! It depends on your age, weight, etc. I know I burned over 600 last night doing a 45 minute cardio DVD and 20 minutes of abs. I love having the HRM knowing exactly what I'm doing. Another great thing is to watch how you improve (less calories burned doing the same thing). It helps you to make sure you keep challenging yourself. Enjoy! :drinker:
  • GoyaMommy13
    Options
    Thanks, Crystal and Kat!

I put in my weight info into the thing. And it was the very first time I used it-So I had no previous workouts! It just seems like a ginormous number- which hey! all the better right! I'm going to try it out again today and see how much different activities burn.

I am really excited about it though. It seems like it would take a lot of the guess work out of it.

This site and you ladies are a big help! Keep it going, girls!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    What brand hrm is it? Mine is a reebok
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Just got home from vacation. Had a good time. I ate ok while I was gone but the snacking while driving was a killer for me. Going to work out like crazy for the next couple of days that is for sure!

As for my challenge this week lets go for.......25 walk out push ups (go from standing, to bending and touching your toes, walk out into push up position, do one push up and then stand back up).

Have fun ladies :drinker:

Amanda
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Well yesterday I couldnt get motivated to do a dvd, but I did go for a short bike ride which was nice. Today I'm going to try to stay after work and actually use the gym that I clean everyday. Hopefully I'm not super sore from cleaning all day LOL
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry I havent been on much. I have been doing lots of work outside and had a sick little boy. Saul is feeling better today which means its now the crankies. I hate HATE the day after tehy start feeling better....becuase for at least my little boy he is a big handful of energy mixed with tired mixed with the most crabby moods ever. I am tired and I feel bad. I lost my temper with him and raised my voice and now I just feel absolutly terrible. *sigh* I love being a mom but sometimes it is sooooooooo hard! He is special needs but I do know that he does understand some of the things he does so I mean yeah I should have gotten after him but maybe not as snappy as I did. :frown: I am sorry, I am just kind of down....don't like this type of feeling i ususally am pretty upbeat if you girls hadn't noticed. Maybe I should just go and get some housework done....sometimes that helps. HUGS to you girls. Maybe my Bob will cheer me up later tonight. Mina i love your new pic!! You are sooo such a cutie!!!!! Laura go for the gym!!!! Might as well right??? Can you watch BL while you work out??? That would be fun:wink:
    Amanda I am glad you are back and glad you had fun!!! that is DEFINETLY a challenge you got for us lady loo!!!!

Crystallll I need a hug. :frown: :cry: thanks :smile: hahaha

What cardio dvd did you do kat? That is awesome onthe cals burned!!!

Goya I am soooo excited that you got the HRM I am now one of those people that can't LIVE with out it!!! Especiall when I am doig yardwork and stuff becuase it is soooo hard to guess at that stuff....like I burned a whole differnt amount of calories when I raked two differnt times. One time it was like almost 500 (I think that I was raking all the way to singapore to see MIna that day) and then the next night I wasn't exerting as much and it was like 250 or 300. So I love it!!!

Where is our sandikins?? SANDYYYYY?? ahahah EMILIE???? Connie? It sounds like she has been pretty busy though. Laura I am so glad that you joined us!!! TABBY I am happy you found us too!!!

Everybody I hope will get ot enjoy the Biggest Bob....I mean the Biggest loser :blushing:

Talk to you all later
    jenny