Rude people

Options

Replies

• MissJenova
    Options
    And that's when you smile and let it roll of your back. The world is full of things that are....not so nice....but only you know you, and it's only YOU that truly matters when it comes to being yourself.
    Don't let it haunt you, you're better than that and she doesn't deserve to be in your thoughts.
    Feel better and enjoy your holiday!
  • unifil
    unifil Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OMG that is sooo rude!!! I would have cried too. But people like this you find everywere :-(
    I send you a friendrequest if you like ;-)
  • CandiceS86
    CandiceS86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I can't understand how in the world someone could say something like that! But I guess some people just have the need to be mean just to make them feel better about themselves.

I'd much rather like to see a "fat" person eat than watching a complete idiot eat! And I would assume that lady is a complete idiot!
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If it happens again tell her this "I may be fat but at least 'Im on a diet. Your just ugly!"
  • wisgal77
    wisgal77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That woman deserves a punch in the baby-maker.

Couldn't agree more!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This website (and all social networks) are full of RUDE people and people that think they are better than every one else.
    Very true. There was one thread this morning where the OP misspelled a word in her post, and one person kept bringing it up over and over and over, and would not let it rest! Yeesh -- rude people indeed!

I think I saw that. SO rude!

OP, I'm glad that the responses here have made you feel a little better. Anyone who would make a comment like that clearly has issues. Look at the source of the criticism. Whenever an *kitten* insults me, I just take it as a compliment, because if they thought well of me, I would have to seriously rethink my entire personality.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I think we should come up with a list of comebacks.

"Is that because it makes you aware of your own insecurities?"

"Wow what a coincidence, I hate it when scrawny-chicks look at me while I drink tea!"

etc.
  • kelsam30
    kelsam30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Rude that is far too polite, I can't believe someone would say that it's disgusting. Try not to feel down about it she's probably a sad lonely woman who is bitter about the world - you are a better person, keep your head up high.:smile:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Whenever an *kitten* insults me, I just take it as a compliment, because if they thought well of me, I would have to seriously rethink my entire personality.

That is a great way to see it. I usually just get pissy and retort, but that doesn't seem to work well :smile:
  • alisadee
    alisadee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That was very rude of her to say! People that are unhappy with themselves try to bring other people down. You continue to be who you are and don't worry about the rest!
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have an online friend from the south and she has the perfect comeback for people who say rude and cruel things. "Bless your heart Darling. Do you realize you said that outloud? You must be so embarassed. Let's just both pretend you didn't say that."
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    No way, I can't believe someone would say that.

I'm not gonna lie...I would have wanted to accidentally spill my hot tea all over her...you know...accidentally....

That's just unbelievable that someone could say that.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    ...sorry double
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have an online friend from the south and she has the perfect comeback for people who say rude and cruel things. "Bless your heart Darling. Do you realize you said that outloud? You must be so embarassed. Let's just both pretend you didn't say that."

Oh! I :heart: this!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

OMG that is a good one, I'm going to remember that. LOL
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Love this!! Kill 'em with kindness!! :)
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    I'm so sorry this happened to you, people can be so cruel and hurtful at times, but look at all the positive responses you've gotten here :) I'm a firm believer in karma, she'll get hers one day. Best not to stoop to their level though, they just enjoy that. Walking away was a good thing!
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Love this!! Kill 'em with kindness!! :)

I think that is the right response, I really love it. You don't want to have such a low character/niveau like she has.

I am so sorry that you had to deal with something to stupid, mean and hurtful. Keep your head up!
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(
    First, you have much to be commended for being able to go do Dunkin Donuts and having only tea. WAHOO for you. As we say in WW - a really huge NSV.

Second, that person must really have some inner demons kicking her in the bu^^ to be so evil.

You are much bigger (not in size but in personality) than those kind and the world is full of them. I am sorry you had that experience but it can be a learning experience. You learned what you are made of and held yourself together in spite of those ugly circumstances. Your child witnessed his parent conduct herself as a true hero - an awesome lady.

Keep up the good work. You deserve it.