Rude people

Options

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    This website (and all social networks) are full of RUDE people and people that think they are better than every one else. Add in the element of fitness, nutrition, and weight loss and you have a fire storm.

Just stand your ground and ignore anyone (or block them) that you don't like on here or anyone that is mean. You're here for you and you alone.

Maybe try reading the post.

Hahaha. Busted!
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow, the nerve! Who asked her to watch anyone anyway??? It's not like people ask to be watched so if she hates it so then she should crawl back under her rock, I'm sure it misses her cause the rest of the world certainly won't;-)
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    "I can diet or get that surgery and I won't be fat, but you'll always be an azzhole."
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    WTF! People like that seriously piss me off! I used to beat up people like that!

Do not let her get your spirits down. Those people are a waste of carbon. You are trying to improve yourself through your own determination and strength. She is trying the "improve" herself by making other people feel small. You are the better person by far!

I swear a lot when I hear stories like this... If I witness them I'm usually swearing at the %^&$ that did it! (I'm trying to contain myself.)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I just want to say so what if you were eating the most fattening piece of food in the entire world. It is none of her business! Some people are just so unhappy in their own lives..they feel the need to be rude to others.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Then he hit me in my most sensitive spot...he said, "Well, it's obviously not working for you." He said it in front of my client, and several guys who were there working out. I told him he was an *kitten* and didn't show how I felt, but I was devastated. My biggest fear was because I'm not skinny people wouldn't take me seriously as a trainer. I cried for 3 days every time I thought about it and I moved my clients to a place in the gym where I would be as inconspicuous as possible for about 3 months. The gym owner came to me and told me that I had as much right to train there as he did and I filled an important niche with certain clients and to get out there and do what I do well. And they told the guy about how much I had lost and how far I had come and he came and apologized later. But I still hate his guts.

The great thing is... some of the greatest minds in sports have never played a min of that sport... but damn can they coach! You don't have to be a stud (or stud-ette) at something in order to teach/train/mentor another person. You just have to know what you're doing. Obviously that other "trainer" doesn't have a clue.
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    My response would have been, "Well, at least I can lose weight. You are stuck being an *kitten* forever."

That's what I would have come back with too...but I'm a smart *kitten*!
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(
    WTF??? I suspect she has Asperger's Syndrome or some other brain affliction.

Wow, you didn't really just say that did you?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Appropriate response: "Well I hate hearing ignorant people open their mouths."

Ignorance is something that can be fixed. Stupidity is not. This girl was not being ignorant, she was being a B!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    OMG, I'm with everyone else who has replied to this. B*$@H! I would have punched her lights out or thrown the tea in her face! :explode: :mad:
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Who even does that? What a foul human being.
  • jessicaleighps
    Options
    I appreciate everyones kind words, it truly helps to get so much encouragement!
    But seriously, what the heck is with that comment about Asperger's Syndrome?? I should mention I work in a group home with many residents with that exact diagnosis plus more. They are amazing people!
  • mistylynnfoster
    mistylynnfoster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Did the Tea scald her when you tossed it in her face?

:laugh: HAHAHA! Exactly!! What a wicked witch. She was obviously not some beacon of health, if she was hanging out at Dunkin' Donuts herself.

Like you, I would have been hurt and cried on the way home. But I also probably would have gotten angry first and called her out as the b*** that she is. People who have never had a weight issue do not understand what it is like to deal with it. There is also a stigma that comes along with being overweight; people automatically assume you are lazy, and you never stop stuffing your face. Watch any TV show or movie that features a "fat kid." They are constantly eating and are too lazy to go outside and play. Many of us know that just because we carry some extra LBs doesn't mean we are lazy. I work harder on my weight and diet than any other person I know. Yet, I am still heavier than most of my friends and family. No one can tell me I'm lazy, because I bust my butt in the gym several times a week. I know more about food and nutrition than most "naturally skinny" people. And the reason is because I have to WORK at it. Is that lazy?! Heck no! There are many people (even on MFP) that don't understand what it's like to have a real weight problem that seems to have totally gone beyond your control. However, there are lots of people who understand EXACTLY what it's like (like me)! And these people are here to help you!! :flowerforyou:

I say all that to say -- this lady that you encountered has no idea who you are or what you have been through that has brought you to the place (and weight) that you are. She doesn't know if you suffered an accident that made you bed-ridden for several months, or if your thyroid quit suddenly and you packed on the pounds before you knew it, or even if you lost a loved one close to you that sent you into deep depression which left you with a bunch of extra weight when you made it out alive. For a total stranger to judge another human being like that without knowing their situation is beyond just being rude. It is unacceptable to treat another human being like that and to say such careless and hurtful things. God forbid she ever have a noticeable flaw that others taunt her about.

You will probably always remember this lady and what she said to you. Instead of letting it get you down, I say use it as motivation. Show her what you are made of, even if she never sees you again. Imagine it's her face you are aiming for when you do Tae Bo or hit a punching-bag. Prove to yourself that she is WRONG about you. You are obviously a better person than she is, because only sub-human creatures would say something like that. I want to avoid saying something super cliche, like "it's what's on the inside that counts." But seriously... I don't care what she looked like, she is a hideously ugly person in my book!!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    First, congrats for sticking to only a tea! :D

Second, don't let her bother you. YOU know you did good by only having a tea. Just silently wish death upon her or something. Some people I just really want to smack. She's so incredibly rude. Somebody should hit her with a semi...
  • brunzella92
    brunzella92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've learned, after never believing in it .... what goes around DOES come around ;) Clearly she's miserable in her own life!!!! It's hard to think of what to say at the time, then all the what i should have said come later lol!!

I was told on a first date (after talking online for over a YEAR) after we were not out long on Sunday....he said to me "I was embarassed by the moment you walked in". I was jaw on the ground....turns out now i'm happily living with my bf of 2 years and he's never been OFF the dating site since lol!!!

Karma my friend :)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP for very long and have not posted anything yet. I feel the need to post this because I cannot believe how rude some people can be!! Not people on here, people in public...
    I took my three year old to Dunkin Donuts this AM because I promised him a hot chocolate... I was good, I got a small tea with skim milk and splenda... No donut, muffin or greasy sandwiches... Some lady was staring at me making the strangest face...
    So I said to her, "do we know eachother?" I was very friendly... She said "No I just really hate watching fat people eat!"
    I was devastated!! I wasn't even eating, I had a tea... I must admit, I cried on the way home:(
    To the OP: What a terrible thing to say. I'm sorry you had to hear that. Rather than posit what may be wrong with the woman that said that to you, I am going to suggest you hold your head high, know that you are making good decisions and are worthy of positive experiences. It doesn't matter what she said. It really doesn't. The pain stings when words like that touch some part of ourselves linked to anxiety/fear/insecurity/etc. I think it's fine to have those feelings. It's fine to cry, OK to be angry. But it's not that woman that made you cry. Don't give her that kind of power over you.

We will never live in a society where people aren't mean/offensive/rude/inconsiderate. But we can choose how much energy to invest in these people, how much energy we want to burn reacting to what others say to us. I'm not pretending to never respond, or to not have a reaction. I fly off the handle myself (and very well might have yelled at that woman had it happened to me or I saw it happen). But I believe in owning my reactions. I believe in not giving up my reactions to others. I believe it does me no good to talk about someone else being terrible/bad/selfish/mean - or projecting what I think is wrong with someone, or what their motivations are. That's just wasting energy. Further, I believe _me_ telling you how terrible that woman is doesn't really support you at all. It just focuses on someone else's behavior. I don't understand how wishes for harm (and even death) on someone that wronged you can be construed as supportive. Do those statements make you feel better?

I know we could discuss setting boundaries, not allowing others to treat you badly, demanding respect from other people. That's a different conversation. I'm talking about getting wrapped up in condemning this stranger who said something terrible to you. I think condemning this woman does you no good. I think you already know what she did was terrible and didn't feel good.

I think you were doing something nice for your young child. And while doing that, it sounds like you made some pretty healthy decisions for yourself. Congratulations! I know it would be hard for me to do that in a Dunkin Donuts. Way to go. Awesome job. That was a success today.
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    That woman deserves a punch in the baby-maker.

My friend _beachgirl_ would say she deserves a kick in the taco... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Taco!!! LUV IT!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Who in their right mind would do such a thing?!?!?! My god, where did this happen?
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Aaaawwww! Long distance hugs to you. There are so many things you could have said but not one of them would have been harsh enough and not one of them would have made you a better person. You did not embarrass yourself in front of your son by teaching him some horrible word or action. That you cried helps him see that words do have the power to hurt and that he should never hurt someone in that way. I am sorry that your were hurt by someone who is so ...without.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Please don't bring Asperger's into this. My son has Asperger's; the condition has nothing to do with rudeness. In fact, many poeple with Asperger's have rudeness inflicted on them. I am not responding in anger -- I just want to educate.

Thank you!