POLL: Are you logging Thanksgiving Day?

Options

Replies

• it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it's just another day here - what do you think I'm doing now? ;)
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I don't think so but we shall see
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I am because it gives me extra credit for my health class lol.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I will log everything and will try to keep it as close to my allotted calories as possible... if I can't eh, then oh well. At least I will know exactly where I stand at the end of the day.....
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm treating this just like any other day. And I'm eating my own food while the others in the house will be gorging on the usual Thanksgiving fare. Thank God I've never been a fan of Thanksgiving food!
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I ended up logging. I'm definitely over, but I'm fine with that.
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I logged all 1000 calories, and I enjoyed every bite. 2 hrs later I am still full. Did my walk in the morning, and will bike this evening. If I awake from the turkey coma/

Susan:smile:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Well, I did an extra thousand calories damage today, and I am way too sleepy to work it off. All in all, a big breakfast helped with not pigging out at the table. I even refused the drumstick I was offered and stuck to a slice of turkey breast, a sliver of ham, two bites of mashed potatoes, and two bites of mac and cheese, plus half a can of soda. Then I fell victim to the cheesecake, but it wasn't as many calories as I thought it was.

I would have stayed around 1200 if I hadn't eaten after midnight last night and logged it on to today's. Which I regret, because then I bet I wouldn't have been thinking about the food diary and I would have eaten more tasty turkey!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am logging today. In fact I just talked about an hour (round trip) to get some vanilla ice cream to accompany my pie. I definitely ate my exercise calories (and more) today!
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Absolutely. If it goes in my mouth, I log it.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    I pre-logged my Thanksgiving meal. I made everything so I knew what was in all the food. I am so pleased with my eating this year, compared to past holidays where I would eat whatever I wanted. Truly showed me that I have changed and this new "lifestyle" is working for me. :smile:
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I logged it!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I'm logging for perspective, but I'm not going to be super nitpicky with my food that day. :tongue:
    [/quote

We will have our dinner on Saturday this year. But same with me, just going to work on portion control and enjoy myself. I still have a ways to go to get a handle on maintenance.]
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Yes... only because I'm working. :frown:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    NOPE
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Going to log just to keep track, as far as staying under calories I'm not going to stress over it
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes and I didn't do as bad as I thought I would!!
  • trazrene
    Options
    I decided I was going to both log it and enjoy it. I took smaller and wiser portions, ate until I was satisfied. I didn't worry about how many calories were in the particular foods. Believe it or not, by the time the pecan pie made it around, I was not hungry. For the first time that I can remember I didn't walk away miserable. In fact, I could walk, not waddle, away. My NSV today was for me, showing myself how far I'd come.

btw, I way below my calories!!
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I logged it and was surprised to find I was under calorie goal. The only thing I can chalk it up to was small portions. I measured everything and when it came to pies,I had slivers. I do not feel deprived at all. In fact, I was stuffed. It also helped that I worked out as usual.