Couch to 5k Group - Starting Monday April 13th

Options

Replies

• jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Can I have a drum roll please??

I have finished C5K. Yep, just got back from doing week 9 day 3. I feel so proud of myself. Not bad for a 49 year old grandma. Haven't reached that elusive 3.2 mile mark, but now I can work on speed. No worries.

Drinks are on me...water of course.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Week 3, Day 3 Completed!!! I feel great too! I thought I would totally need to repeat this week after day 1, but Im thinking now that I'll give week 4 a chance on Monday!!

Congratulations JimSwmn!!!!
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Week 3, Day 3 Completed!!! I feel great too! I thought I would totally need to repeat this week after day 1, but Im thinking now that I'll give week 4 a chance on Monday!!

Congratulations JimSwmn!!!!

Thank you!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I just cant seem to get motivated to walk for the 30 minutes on the off days. Plus I am getting stressed on how I will run this summer when I am off and with the kids 24/7.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

I have finished C5K. Yep, just got back from doing week 9 day 3. I feel so proud of myself. Not bad for a 49 year old grandma. Haven't reached that elusive 3.2 mile mark, but now I can work on speed. No worries.

Yay Bobbi! I am so proud of you! Go girl!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

I am thrilled for you Bobbi! You ROCK!!!:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Just checking in for accountability.
    Week 7 day 2 done!

:drinker:
  • FitMomRunning
    FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nice going, Bobbi! I am right there with you...finished on Friday and want to work on speed. How are you going to do it? I was thinking of using the C25K format and increasing the speed on the faster intervals but am not sure.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Nice going, Bobbi! I am right there with you...finished on Friday and want to work on speed. How are you going to do it? I was thinking of using the C25K format and increasing the speed on the faster intervals but am not sure.

First since I haven't run a full 3.2 miles yet, we are going to just do it and get a time. Then we are going to run by increasing the amount I do every two runs. Okay Monday we do 2.1 miles...Next run the same...then next go for 2.3. Gradually build it up. I better hurry, my first 5K is June 20 th and I want to be able to finish. LOL
  • jimswmn
    Options
    BTW Heather...good job on finishing.:drinker:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!!!!! We're all proud of you, thanks for providing an inspiration to all of us :smile:

Week 3 day 1 (take 2) down. Its seeming much, much easier than it did last time. I'm still a touch out of breath by the time the last 3 minute run is winding down, but I think I'll be able to tackle week 4 next week. Just taking this slow, no need to rush. Its kind of scary though, I'm starting to look forward to my morning runs! :noway:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU ALL!!!!

Shin splints have all but knocked me out of the running. After a weekend of rest, I'm gonna try again today and see what I can do.
  • jimswmn
    Options

Congratulations!!!!!! We're all proud of you, thanks for providing an inspiration to all of us :smile:

Week 3 day 1 (take 2) down. Its seeming much, much easier than it did last time. I'm still a touch out of breath by the time the last 3 minute run is winding down, but I think I'll be able to tackle week 4 next week. Just taking this slow, no need to rush. Its kind of scary though, I'm starting to look forward to my morning runs! :noway:

Hooked huh? Looks we got us another runner...LOL:drinker:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of week 1 yesterday. It was pretty good, I liked it. I was actually surprised how quickly the minute goes by, I think I could have easily done more. But by the 4th or so interval of running I was pretty glad it was only a minute.

My only issue I really had was I had eaten a lot of junk yesterday afternoon and while I was running it felt like a rock in my stomach. BUT, that's why I went out for the run because I had eaten so badly, lol. I'm actually looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 in the bag...whoo hoo! Before last week, I had never entertained the idea of running for 28 straight minutes...and now here I am doing it, feeling good while doing it, and LOVING it! Who knew?

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week...and welcome to those of you who are just joining us :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Week 4, day 1 complete!!!

Thought my legs were gonna fall off running for 5 minutes. They feel great now tho :happy:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    WTG SHaunte! Way to go on getting started in week 8! I just finished week 7 tonight so I am right behind ya. and I know exactly what your talking about. I never thought six months ago at 319 lbs that I would be running this far this easily. I'm totally a runner now and I love it.

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 in the bag...whoo hoo! Before last week, I had never entertained the idea of running for 28 straight minutes...and now here I am doing it, feeling good while doing it, and LOVING it! Who knew?

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week...and welcome to those of you who are just joining us :bigsmile:

Shuntae, Its amazing isn't it? Keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    WTG SHaunte! Way to go on getting started in week 8! I just finished week 7 tonight so I am right behind ya. and I know exactly what your talking about. I never thought six months ago at 319 lbs that I would be running this far this easily. I'm totally a runner now and I love it.

:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Andrew, You are the man....Keep up the good work.:glasses:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    This morning's run sucked, but I ran it anyways. Bleh. I kinda feel like I'm going to be stuck at week 3 forever, my endurance is terrible. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to jog for longer than 3 minutes without feeling like death.