How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    High school! We met sophomore year and started dating junior year. Going on to 6 years in Feb. :blushing:
  • abazooday727
    Options
    His dad was my prof. in college. His dad set us up by inviting him on a "Field Trip"...I stared at him the entire trip...thinking how kissable his lips were...I was right and they STILL are... Been together 11 years. 9 married and 2 beautiful red headed children! :heart:
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    we were college sweet hearts, we actually first met at age 11 and started dating at 17. 12 years on we are married with 2 babies :smile:
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ours is a long and very detailed story, we met online 12 000 miles apart.

Here is a cute little video I made a few years ago about our story. It actually caught the attention of a journalist back in Australia and a magazine is running our story in a couple of weeks!!! :bigsmile:

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i429/Nikki_Deal/?action=view&current=The_story_of_us.mp4
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    Blind date. Love at first sight... A true fairytale. :)
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    he came to a party at my house about 6 and a half years ago and pretty much never left! lolz :)
  • aripak
    aripak Posts: 33
    Options
    We met at the local dive bar...which my girlfriend reluctantly dragged me to. I still thank her to this day!!
  • emmiexjay
    emmiexjay Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    through my american uncle.. in a chat room.. on my 21st birthday.. it's our 16 month anniversary of telling each other i love you the following month.. we met december 29th 2010 in person so i could be "sure"
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My story is somewhat unique.
    My mom invited him to a bbq because she had been trying to set us up. He was her mechanic. He came and we didn't really know what to say to eachother. Of course it didn't help that my stepdad got tipsy and kept saying " look at all this land you could have if you marry her!"( we had 5 acres).
    Anyway, we stayed up talking for hours, and then he went home. We saw eachother a couple times after that.

This is where it gets unique....

He called me one day, and said he had an accident and was staying with his ex- girlfriend because he had nowhere to go. What kind of accident? He cut his knee with a CHAINSAW. He lived in a stilt house, and couldn't make it up the steps with his leg in a brace.I brought him home like a wounded puppy and nursed him back to health, and I think he even gained 10 pounds from my cooking! We've been inseparable ever since. We celebrated our third wedding anniversary in november and have a beautiful baby boy.

that is such a nice story
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Plentyoffish.com

I wasn't so sure after first meeting, but after third meeting, I was hooked.

I met my husband on plentyoffish.com too! We dated for a year and got married last year:). He is the only man for me :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Walked in a room, saw him, thought he was hot, turned around and told a friend (jokingly), "I'm gonna marry him!" Pined after him for quite some time (never been the type that chases guys). One day, he noticed me. Rest is history.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    okcupid. thank god for online dating, i met so many great women and one perfect one.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft. True story.

Mee tooo!! In the crossroads, he was riding a pony. He didn't have his epic horse yet. He had a Krul blade and I thought it was pretty EPIX
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Highschool sweethearts - married 29 years - 5 kids...

Couldn't be happier.
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I met mine when I moved to a new school in second grade. He immediately handed me the "Will you go with me?" note, and I actually circled no. :) Of course, we did "go together" for a couple of days just a week or so later! All through elementary and junior high, we were always friends, and I always thought he was cute, and we "went together" again in fifth grade. Junior high arrived, and he led the charge in nicknaming me "Board," due to my flat-as-a-board chest. Sweet boy... :P
    I went away to a residential high school my junior and senior years, and I came home for a visit in October of my senior year. I don't know how, but we ended up going on a date, and he took my V-card. He then chose not to talk to me for the next ten and a half years.
    We ran into each other at our ten-year reunion in March, and we have been dating since. He showed up single, never married, no kids (a dog, though!). I showed up having just filed for divorce a week and a half before that, so I had gone alone. We spent the evening kind of easing into talking to each other, and by the end of the night, he had me hooked! :)
    I plan to marry him, and this time, I know I'm with the right person. We're just about as compatible as people get! We each have a dog with no kids, we are ambitious, we are competitive, we have a lot of the same interests, we are smarta$$es with a sensitive side... We want the same things out of life! I'm excited about the next few years when we get married and decide to have a child. :)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    In his front yard... He lived off first street on the beach.. i was walking by and he was like HEEEEYYY come hang out with me.. so i did LOL that was 11yrs and 2 kids ago!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    A friend of mine worked for the Regional Jail. She invited me to the employee picnic where she set me up with my now husband. People always look at me funny when I say I met my husband at a jail picnic!
  • Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    Long story short:

We were both working in a psych hospital. I was on the adult schizophrenic unit and was attacked by a patient. I pressed my body button, which is an emergency alert button. My bf was the first to respond, basically saving my life because I was being choked while pinned against a wall.

Later that day, he asked if I wanted to grab a drink and here we are!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    At University, I was 1st year of law school and he was in civil notary school (not a job that exist in usa or english canada because its a different law systhem in quebec province, its very different then a notary public). Now he has been a civil notary for 1.5 years and I'm taking the quebec province bar, and will be a lawyer in 1 year from now.