Options

Replies

• yesomit
    Options
    Maybe Maybe not but who cares it will be christmas:happy:
  • happymom92092
    happymom92092 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i just might. I logged Thanksgiving and was pleased to see I wasn't WAY out of whack...made me realize that I am thinking better about what I choose to eat.
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    I'm going to log. If I don't, I won't hold myself accountable. That will lead to me giving up and quitting. I don't really trust myself yet.
  • tsegears
    Options
    Yeah, I'm going to try and track, but I'm hosting dinner, so I probably won't have a free moment. The good thing about hosting dinners for me is that I don't always get to eat everything that is on my plate, so that may be my saving grace. But, if I don't get to physically track on Christmas Day, I will make a mental note and track when I can. I won't rake myself over the coals if I go over my my calories for the day, but I won't continue eating the same way in the days following the holiday either.

13107194.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yep. I won't be adhering as strictly to my macronutrient ratios, but I plan on not gorging myself either. It's possible to stay within your goals and still enjoy yummy food/drinks. Not judging anyone here, I just feel lifestyle changes don't really require cheating. Cheating is what you do when you're on a diet ;) Want to make a healthy and delicious meal for my husband and I that we both can enjoy :) There will be a 3 light beer/2 glasses of white wine limit, however, *dammit dammit dammit...*
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I will be logging in everything everyday except for 2 weeks in that time I log what I eat and drink in a journal on my computer, I will have no internet connection for 2 weeks, so I'm going to do it the old fashioned way :)

Good for you! Sometimes I prefer doing that over using MFP just because my computer is getting so damn slow... Takes me like 10 minutes just to copy meals from the previous day.
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not even going to care for the entire day. Much like I did for Thanksgiving. I'm working my butt off at the gym 5 days a week (even through a cold) and eating at my calorie targets .... so I'm going to reward myself on Christmas (and maybe even Eve) and not care! There's only so many calories one can take in before being too full, so ..I'm not gonna worry about it! :)
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    undecided:drinker:
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    Absolutely. Not logging it doesn't mean you didn't eat it, it just makes it hard to see what effect it had on your body, because you don't have an accurate record. There is no way I wouldn't log. Information is power. :) That doesn't mean I won't enjoy my Christmas (within the constraints of my food allergies) but it does mean I will be accountable for all the decisions I make with regard to my body and health. :)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It's going to be harder logging accurately as we're at our daughters' for the day, but I'll still log my consumption, just to see how much I eat!

I know it'll be way above, I'm prepared for that as it is a special time of the year, but I have the rest of the week to get some exercise in and limit any damage I may have done!
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I will - but I'm not going to focus on every little calorie. I plan to use Christmas Day as a cheat day - I'll let myself enjoy the foods I like, without going crazy and overeating. But I'm going to log everything so that I have a realistic idea of how much I put into my body, just to hold myself accountable and keep myself informed. It might help me get back on track afterwards, too, instead of using that day as a slippery slope to eating poorly a few days later.

This.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I might or might not. Didn't log on thanksgiving so i'll see
  • tickletickle
    Options
    probably not. hmm maybe it'll just be quick add cals
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    uh, no. :drinker:
  • tickletickle
    Options
    probably not. hmm maybe it'll just be quick add cals
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,009 Member
    Options
    I'll log it for better or worse. I couldn't not log because I don't want to break my streak.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I will out of state and relying on someone elses computer, but if I can I will definately log my calories :)
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Since I will probably have Christmas with my folks and my Mother-In-Law's, I will most likely not log. It is just too hard to calculate calories on homemade, made-from-scratch foods. Plus, I want to just enjoy the day. I like someone else's idea on this thread of just quick adding 4000 calories and being done with it!!
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'll probably just quick add the calories in the day before; but I might check up on my awesome fitness pals.

:wink:
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Of course!