HOW SHOULD I TAKE THIS?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Apparently the "serious thread camp" folks neglected to notice the particular message board in which this was posted :laugh:

And who posted it! I had to wonder for a minute until I saw ElExGordo is the op. :laugh: He definitely brightens up the board!:drinker:

(And next time I wonder, I'll keep in mind to check if the post is in the fun and games section. :smile: )
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    And the serious camp marches on...

As an alumni of the prestigious "Accampamento serio", I assure you that Pizza is an advanced level course, and we NEVER marched. Besides, any serious student of the topic would scoff at the idea that anyone in California knows anything about pizza.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    No fair! All I got in my Christmas card from my managers was a lousy $100 bill. I think I'll take my family to the buffet.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    What really upsets me is that nobody realizes I answered this question on page 6 and there is no need for any additional replies. I am now going to post a new topic complaining about people who ask for advice and then don't take the good and rational advice offered in response. *stalks off, fuming*

*pauses, turns back*

On a completely unrelated topic, does anyone know if there is a group on MFP for people who understand sarcasm?
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I think you're reading too much into this. She's not trying to sabotage you, it's a gift. Appreicate it, and if you dont want to use it, give it to someone who does.

I agree with this.

Oops should have read to the end of the thread :-/ Sorry 'bout that. I tried to delete it but could not. :-!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    When I get a bad gift, and I've had a few from my employer too, I donate it to the church. It takes the bad mojo and the cruddy feelings off the bad, thoughtless gift and I can think that, maybe, somebody really needed the break and will love it. It doesn't even have to be your church. Walk into any church and they will be glad to take it and distribute it to the needy for Christmas.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You could exchange it on one of those gift card exchange sites...or you could just go and enjoy it. Chances are everyone else got the same gift card...
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Say "Thanks" and re-gift! Don't worry about it.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    No fair! All I got in my Christmas card from my managers was a lousy $100 bill. I think I'll take my family to the buffet.

Sounds like you're bragging! :laugh: I'm sure you'll make good use of it!
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    By you just merely holding the gift card....you have gained 7lbs and 5oz!!!
    (gasps, drops card)

Don't worry it's just water weight from your TOM.

Or it might be muscle, cause muscle weighs more than fat!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If you got gift card from your boss I'd make sure I check to make there's still money on it. If there is then I'd check my next pay check. If both arer negative for money(which is normal for this time of year after all the christmas shopping) then you can use the card to break into your bosses house and switch your empty card for the gift cards from places that you actually want to go that she actually bought for herself. You know, the really healthy places like, the Clogged Vein Emporium, The Heart Attack Cafe, The "All You Can Eat" Spleen damage buffet, any greasy spoon, The Crisco Palace. People are just dying to get into these places.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What really upsets me is that nobody realizes I answered this question on page 6 and there is no need for any additional replies. I am now going to post a new topic complaining about people who ask for advice and then don't take the good and rational advice offered in response. *stalks off, fuming*

*pauses, turns back*

On a completely unrelated topic, does anyone know if there is a group on MFP for people who understand sarcasm?

Sarcasm? Isn't that the stuff they sweetened diet drinks with before nutrisweet and Splenda?
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What we have here is a failure to communicate.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Get the pizza and bring it into work. Cut a hole in the bottom of the box, right in the center. Put the box in your lap and call your boss into your office..............
  • Mummamac
    Options
    I think you're reading too much into this. She's not trying to sabotage you, it's a gift. Appreicate it, and if you dont want to use it, give it to someone who does.

Agree with this 100%
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Your boss probably bought a bunch of them and passed them to everyone not thinking, so just give it to someone you know who loves pizza or just a homeless person. It no different than re-gifting.

Re-gift to a homeless person. Great idea!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    instead of throwing it away, regift it to someone. or take your kid out for pizza. it is one night/one meal.
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    C: Shes Jealous...Re-Gift the card back to her :-)
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    If you eat the pizza your husband will not be proud. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • blueandigo
    Options
    Everyone loves Pizza. Now take it and put it to use.