HOW SHOULD I TAKE THIS?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    It amazes me that you can't see the good guesture or the positive in this. There are healthy things to eat there. You should be greatful vs rude she didn't have to get you anything.

YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS HIS MANAGER! :angry: Define "healthy". What if he eats a crouton? That's processed food! There may even be HFCS in there too. Hmph.
    There is no such thing as "healthy" choices in those places. They are pure evil. They put chemicals in the food to make people addicted so they will keep craving those foods. They put evil chemical compounds like NaCl in them. :mad:

And if you ask for water...they give you this chemical H2O. It's scary!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    She's just jealous because her hubby decided that she is getting too fat and has decided to sabotage you because of your excellent progress.

You should buy a pizza and feed it to your children.

No, no, no!! You only feed it to the children if you're shopping while they are throwing a tantrum....

Nah-uhh! You give them suckers when they're throwing tantrums.
    And donuts, don't forget the donuts.

child-obesity-donut-md.jpg
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Give it to me.
    My favorite meal there is California Pizza Kitchen - Thai Crunch Salad, Half Order, With Chicken, 1 salad - 544 calories, now I say no wonton or rice noodles - cuts down the carbs and calories so it is actually lower than 544 and is loaded with protein from the chicken and edamame. Yummy! If you exercise even minimally that day and drink water or black coffee like I do it's well within your caloric budget, filling and absolutely delicious! Bon Appetit!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Can I eat pizza while I'm reading this? My head hurts and I heard it is a brain food!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    My manager gave me a Christmas card with a gift card for California Pizza Kitchen in it.

How should I take this?

A) She's jealous of my weight loss, and wants to sabotage me, or
    B) Is setting me up to be a bad parent if I take my kid with me?

What should I do?

A) Throw the gift card in the trash and spray Windex on it, or
    B) Buy the pizza and then throw it in the trash and spray Windex on it?

To the OP. Please don’t be ungrateful and immature. Be thankful that you have a job and your boss thought about getting you a gift certificate to Pizza Kitchen or to any other restaurant, even a fast food place. She didn't have too.

It is not your boss's responsibility to watch your diet or to keep track of your eating habits. If you don’t want to eat pizza, get a small salad and an ice tea and take home the rest. There are many people in this country that would love to have that gift card so they can feed their family on Christmas day.

So buy whatever you want at California Pizza Kitchen and take it to a soup kitchen. You will be their hero at your bosses’ expenses and maybe you will gain some humility too. Better than weight. Huh?

Merry Christmas!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    She's just jealous because her hubby decided that she is getting too fat and has decided to sabotage you because of your excellent progress.

You should buy a pizza and feed it to your children.

No, no, no!! You only feed it to the children if you're shopping while they are throwing a tantrum....

Nah-uhh! You give them suckers when they're throwing tantrums.
    And donuts, don't forget the donuts.

child-obesity-donut-md.jpg

OMG that child is so overweight....how could someone stop to take a picture of her before taking that donut away??? We should call the authorities on the mother for child abuse!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I think you're reading too much into this. She's not trying to sabotage you, it's a gift. Appreicate it, and if you dont want to use it, give it to someone who does.

Agreed.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My manager gave me a Christmas card with a gift card for California Pizza Kitchen in it.

How should I take this?

What should I do?

To the OP. Please don’t be ungrateful and immature. Be thankful that you have a job and your boss thought about getting you a gift certificate to Pizza Kitchen or to any other restaurant, even a fast food place. She didn't have too.

It is not your boss's responsibility to watch your diet or to keep track of your eating habits. If you don’t want to eat pizza, get a small salad and an ice tea and take home the rest. There are many people in this country that would love to have that gift card so they can feed their family on Christmas day.

So buy whatever you want at California Pizza Kitchen and take it to a soup kitchen. You will be their hero at your bosses’ expenses and maybe you will gain some humility too. Better than weight. Huh?

Merry Christmas!
    ohai, I'm sarcasm, have we met?
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    It's obviously all of the above.

I recommend a highly complicated secret agent style double-cross plot in which you have her believe you will use the gift card but which actually turn the tables on her. Thus you will foil her in her attempt to sabotage you, make you jealous, seduce you, and have you thrown in jail for child abuse with a loaded gun.

You're welcome.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    She probably got a super deal on buying them. Don't freak and just enjoy.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You should take it as a Christmas card with a gift card inside... I don't get the problem here or how that makes anyone a bad parent. This is one of the most pointless threads I've ever read.:huh:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I think you're reading too much into this. She's not trying to sabotage you, it's a gift. Appreicate it, and if you dont want to use it, give it to someone who does.

Agreed.

Says a girl holding knives in front of a processed-food-sugar-filled cake!!!!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

How should I take this?

What should I do?

Merry Christmas!

Please see the image I quoted above. Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Can I eat pizza while I'm reading this? My head hurts and I heard it is a brain food!
    If you want a tumor! Sheesh!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    44d61455315980c08cce79c3d2d578cf.gif

Rampant, I say! Rampant!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If you want a tumor! Sheesh!

Vegetables don't cause tumors. Chemical H2O causes tumors. What have you been watching lately? Dr. Oz?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Buy the pizza and put it in a piñata.

ooohhhh.... 3 Schrute bucks for creative pinata use!

Oh my goodness...I was already laughing about the pizza in the pinata, and then an Office reference!

Sweet.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    It amazes me that you can't see the good guesture or the positive in this. There are healthy things to eat there. You should be greatful vs rude she didn't have to get you anything.

YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS HIS MANAGER! :angry: Define "healthy". What if he eats a crouton? That's processed food! There may even be HFCS in there too. Hmph.
    There is no such thing as "healthy" choices in those places. They are pure evil. They put chemicals in the food to make people addicted so they will keep craving those foods. They put evil chemical compounds like NaCl in them. :mad:

And if you ask for water...they give you this chemical H2O. It's scary!!!
    It would be much much worse if they gave you a glass of H2O2.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    WTF.gif
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    It's obviously all of the above.

I recommend a highly complicated secret agent style double-cross plot in which you have her believe you will use the gift card but which actually turn the tables on her. Thus you will foil her in her attempt to sabotage you, make you jealous, seduce you, and have you thrown in jail for child abuse with a loaded gun.

You're welcome.
    [img]http://operatorchan.org/t/arch/src/t239985_m18910_mind blown.gif[/img]