Do you still drink milk?

Options

Replies

• PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I find it hilarious that your all still debating this, some people drink it some don't, who cares why lol
    Thank you!!! Live and let live. I don't judge anyone for what they eat. I make my own choices and I am not going to force my beliefs on anyone else and I HATE having people forcing thier beliefs on me. I choose to be vegan for my own reasons. I don't need to defend my choice.

This times 100,000!!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think people are more important than animals. Sorry to the vegans out there, but I don't think animals are on the same level as people. Doesn't mean people should be intentionally cruel, but if it's a choice between feeding my kids and making sure a cow is happy, I'm going to choose my kids.

Let the flaming begin...

I am mainly a carnivore.. but i do believe that other animals are the same level of importance as us, after all we are just mammals are self..
    But i do believe that we need meat, we are born to eat meat and therefore we should..
    All we can do is try to kill our prey as humanly as possible and use as much of the carcass as possible so that nothing is wasted.. Thats why if i can afford it i will always try to buy organic or like farm reared meat instead of like chickens hung upside down with their beaks and wings clipped..
    And i have a friend who is a vegetarian, who refuses to use it because of the cruel way of animals are killed, and she is really ill because of it.. And i know that in life the animal is just important as her.. but its like lion king and the circle of life lmao.. weve got to eat it..
    anyway im rambling here, but you get my point.
    If your friend is ill, it's not because she doesn't eat meat. It's because she's eating an unhealthy diet and not makn
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Low-fat chocolate milk is actually an awesome after-workout treat. Lots of protein and carbs to help replenish those tired muscles!

This is what I use it for...after P90X workouts
  • meanness67
    Options
    Low-fat chocolate milk is actually an awesome after-workout treat. Lots of protein and carbs to help replenish those tired muscles!

This is what I use it for...after P90X workouts
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think people are more important than animals. Sorry to the vegans out there, but I don't think animals are on the same level as people. Doesn't mean people should be intentionally cruel, but if it's a choice between feeding my kids and making sure a cow is happy, I'm going to choose my kids.

Let the flaming begin...

I am mainly a carnivore.. but i do believe that other animals are the same level of importance as us, after all we are just mammals are self..
    But i do believe that we need meat, we are born to eat meat and therefore we should..
    All we can do is try to kill our prey as humanly as possible and use as much of the carcass as possible so that nothing is wasted.. Thats why if i can afford it i will always try to buy organic or like farm reared meat instead of like chickens hung upside down with their beaks and wings clipped..
    And i have a friend who is a vegetarian, who refuses to use it because of the cruel way of animals are killed, and she is really ill because of it.. And i know that in life the animal is just important as her.. but its like lion king and the circle of life lmao.. weve got to eat it..
    anyway im rambling here, but you get my point.
    If your friend is ill, it's not because she doesn't eat meat. It's because she's eating an unhealthy diet and not making sure she's getting all her nutrients. I've been vegetarian for years. According to my physical in October, I'm in superior health.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Some drink milk some don't, this goes for the same reason some eat meat and some don't. We all have our ways of life, lets not down those for the differences...AND...in return, not push our own beliefs and ways on others either, the doors swing both ways. If one eats meat, drinks or eats dairy this doesn't mean they hate animals or they are bad parents if they feed meat to their children. These are just personal opinions... :bigsmile:
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I find it hilarious that your all still debating this, some people drink it some don't, who cares why lol

I care because I care about animals. People are uneducated and grow up believing they need milk & they do not at all. Animals don't deserve to suffer for humans. I feel strongly about it. I'm done now though, clearly some people will never change/have no compassion. Its a waste of my time. I'm going to sit here and read my new book with my cat and look at him and know I don't support other animals getting killed!
  • maidjillian
    Options
    Only when eating cereal. It may have take up some calories, but it's still healthy.
  • meanness67
    Options
    Stupid double post!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I care because I care about animals. People are uneducated and grow up believing they need milk & they do not at all. Animals don't deserve to suffer for humans. I feel strongly about it. I'm done now though, clearly some people will never change/have no compassion. Its a waste of my time. I'm going to sit here and read my new book with my cat and look at him and know I don't support other animals getting killed!

what are you reading? have you seen the dragon tattoo movie? rent the original...much better than the new version
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I want to know why you never answered the question of why you respect your family's right to choose meat/milk but you can't afford us on the internet the same.
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    Sometimes it just takes a glass of really cold milk to hit the spot. I'm a 1% fan myself. I have phases where I can't get enough and my husband and I go through a gallon in 5 days, and then there are times where it takes us 2 weeks to drink a 1/2 gallon. I also drink low fat choc milk 1-2 times a week after a work out, in fact I had a glass last night! It's a nice treat and good for recovery.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

what are you reading? have you seen the dragon tattoo movie? rent the original...much better than the new version

I haven't seen the new American version yet, but I watched all three foreign films and LOVED them!!!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Gotta love first world problems...
  • miss_kisha
    miss_kisha Posts: 74 Member
    Options

"There are people who have true milk allergies that can cause deadly reactions. But most people who have bad reactions to milk aren't actually allergic to it, in that it's not their immune system that's responding to the milk

Instead, people who are lactose intolerant can't digest the main sugar —lactose— found in milk. In normal humans, the enzyme that does so —lactase— stops being produced when the person is between two and five years old. The undigested sugars end up in the colon, where they begin to ferment, producing gas that can cause cramping, bloating, nausea, flatulence and diarrhea.

Being able to digest milk is so strange that scientists say we shouldn't really call lactose intolerance a disease, because that presumes it's abnormal. Instead, they call it lactase persistence, indicating what's really weird is the ability to continue to drink milk."

Your body doesn't always show symptoms of cancer either. The body sends off alarm signals when you are having severe reactions. But eating certain foods might just make you feel groggy, irritable, or you may not even notice much, but your body is still reacting badly to that substance. It doesn't have to be a severe allergy with crazy symptoms for you to be allergic

i like this explanation
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    “Ground beef is usually not simply a chunk of meat run through a grinder. Instead, records and interviews show, a single portion of hamburger meat is often an amalgam of various grades of meat from different parts of cows and even from different slaughterhouses. These cuts of meat are particularly vulnerable to E. coli contamination, food experts and officials say.”
    “The ingredients came from slaughterhouses in Nebraska, Texas and Uruguay, and from a South Dakiota company that processes fatty trimmings and treats them with ammonia to kill bacteria."
    "Those low-grade ingredients are cut from areas of the cow that are more likely to have had contact with feces, which carries E. coli, industry research shows.”

http://www.farmsanctuary.org/issues/factoryfarming/beef/

Enjoy that burger. I'll stick to my home made black bean burger. I'm not a fan of E coli & feces. Oh yeah and cruelty.
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/2010/05/vegan-bean-burger-recipe.html

E coli can be cooked out of food, so as long as your burger is cooked to a proper temperature there is no worries about E coli.

Grain products are allow by law to have a certain fece content because it is simply impossible to keep mice and rats out of them or remove 100% of their feces from the bins.

Manure is used to grow most plant food. There have been just as many E coli outbreaks from plant foods as animal foods, maybe more.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    “Ground beef is usually not simply a chunk of meat run through a grinder. Instead, records and interviews show, a single portion of hamburger meat is often an amalgam of various grades of meat from different parts of cows and even from different slaughterhouses. These cuts of meat are particularly vulnerable to E. coli contamination, food experts and officials say.”
    “The ingredients came from slaughterhouses in Nebraska, Texas and Uruguay, and from a South Dakiota company that processes fatty trimmings and treats them with ammonia to kill bacteria."
    "Those low-grade ingredients are cut from areas of the cow that are more likely to have had contact with feces, which carries E. coli, industry research shows.”

http://www.farmsanctuary.org/issues/factoryfarming/beef/

Enjoy that burger. I'll stick to my home made black bean burger. I'm not a fan of E coli & feces. Oh yeah and cruelty.
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/2010/05/vegan-bean-burger-recipe.html

E coli can be cooked out of food, so as long as your burger is cooked to a proper temperature there is no worries about E coli.

Grain products are allow by law to have a certain fece content because it is simply impossible to keep mice and rats out of them or remove 100% of their feces from the bins.

Manure is used to grow most plant food. There have been just as many E coli outbreaks from plant foods as animal foods, maybe more.

Good point! And manure is an animal product and must be harvested/collected... therefore... crops are animal products too!!!!

Just in case my humor escapes anyone again I will follow this with a :laugh: !
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I haven't seen the new American version yet, but I watched all three foreign films and LOVED them!!!

ya..me too...the original swedish name for dragon tattoo movie was "men who hate women" glad they changed it to the book name.
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I need the calcium ... but not the fat. I drink Hood Simply Smart Fat Free ... tastes like 2%, really.
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning for breakfast and mix it with 1 cup of skim milk.