Do you Drink?

Options

Replies

• atiffany1
    Options
    I have seriously cut down... meaning I used to go out to eat with family or friends and have two with my meal... And then a bottle of wine for the weekend at home. In the last fifteen days I have only allowed myself one drink on Christmas.. I think I will do it just on occasion, maybe a twice a month type thing.
  • springermad
    Options
    I am not allowed due to my medications and treatment. I haven't had a drink since march when I got told by my mate who is a doctor saying "you should not be drinking on those meds"
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Don't drink. Very occ glass of wine at a wedding....
  • jeankh
    jeankh Posts: 68
    Options
    I dont normally drink, not nearly as much as other young adults ;) But when I do I factor it into my dailty cal count, sometimes Ill do extra work out before or the day after.
    Also I do go for the less cal options, light beer or vodka with just water and a bit of lemon. After I've had a few, I seem to forget about my diet LOL, so Ill get rum or vodka with a diet soda.
    Again, I dont do it that often, maybe once every 2 or 3 months
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Not a drop.

4 years, 10 months, 26 days

but who's counting?

I'm on track to meet my goal weight at the 5 year mark.

Congrats!
    I'm coming up to 7 months on January 3rd.

Stick with it!

Sober life gets just a little better every day.

4 years, 5 months, and 17 days. not that i'm counting either ;)

Congrats to all of you ! You should be proud :)
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    LOVE THE PICTURE, AND NO, I DID NOT GIVE UP WINE, AND THE OCCASIONAL MARGARITA!!!!! I FIT THEM IN!!:drinker:
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Yup! I'm also well aware that it has to go into my food log and i'm even more keenly aware that I have to exercise the next day or exercise knowing that i'm going to drink that night.
    But, I will admit that the log keeps me from ever going crazy with drinking knowing how the numbers might stack up.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Occasionally. Generally I've got some Mike's (light cranberry) in the fridge, and a 6 pack lasts me a month. I did just buy some pre-made Kahlua White Russian mix for this weekend, but.... let's just say it's been so long since I've been in a liquor store I was in there for 20 mins trying to figure out what the heck to get. :D

Oh, and yes - I log it all.
  • JBrown9538
    JBrown9538 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Most nights I have a glass or two of wine while I cook or play online and yes, I log it. These holidays are killing me! I seem to be drinking so much more because of all the parties, get togethers, dinners, friends visiting, etc. They need to stop or I will never reach my goal LOL
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Not a drop.

4 years, 10 months, 26 days

but who's counting?

I'm on track to meet my goal weight at the 5 year mark.

Congrats!
    I'm coming up to 7 months on January 3rd.

Stick with it!

Sober life gets just a little better every day.

4 years, 5 months, and 17 days. not that i'm counting either ;)

3 years, 8 months, and 14 days here. But mostly, I just count today. ;-)
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I drink Friday through Sunday. It used to be daily, so I've cut it out 4 days of the week (most weeks) and I used to drink Captain & Diet Coke, but switched to Vodka & Oceanspray Diet juices because it is less calories and healthier (juice vs. diet soda). Sometimes I log, other times I don't.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Often.

But, I do find that on the weeks that I limit it to a glass of wine a night and then one weekend night where I let go a bit- I lose more weight.

I log it. I drink wine. I used to drink other things and occasionally I will. I like beer during football. I need to count the calories though in order to lose.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've definitely changed my drinking habits since I started my weight loss journey. Used to drink coffee brandy and milk (they call it fat *kitten* in a glass for a reason!) on a regular basis. Now I have maybe 1 or 2 drinks per week on average (most weeks nothing, some weeks 3 or 4). It's just not worth the extra calories most of the time, IMHO If I want something after dinner, a plain diet Sierra Mist is just as tasty as one with a shot of whiskey mixed in.

However, if I'm going out to dinner with hubby and some friends or hanging with my girlfriends, that's a special occassion and I'll likely have a few drinks and splurge on those high calorie mixed ones (like margaritas) that I wouldn't typically have. All depends on the situation...
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yes. Mostly socially but I also like to drink a few glasses of wine maybe 1-2 nights a week. I usually count them. Unless I go out with friends, then I stop counting after the first few and call it cheat day....
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I probably have a drink or glass of wine once every 3 or 4 months. Usually at special events or when we go out to celebrate. I've watch 2 of my 4 siblings choose drinking over their families. It's hard to watch people you love destroy themselves with it. For that reason I don't drink often. My hubby has a couple beers a month but it's just not my thing.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    No never!!!!!! alcohol is is nothing but Satan nectar,that turns moral,pure women into filthy hedonistic hoochies

Buy you a drink? flirtysmile1.gif
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    No never!!!!!! alcohol is is nothing but Satan nectar,that turns moral,pure women into filthy hedonistic hoochies

Yes, I'm planning on turning myself from a moral, pure woman into a filthy hedonistic hoochie this evening. :)

I drink. I log it, even if it means logging more calories than I want. As long as it's not too often, it isn't an issue for me.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    No. I never started. Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Yes; I try to factor it in as best I can. I have cut down considerably though. I used to be a fratty-esque doucher about drinking to win, which entailed 10-15 drink nights. Anything under 5 drinks, and I couldn't feel the alcohol. Now, I drink a shot of whiskey, and I'm half-way drunk. haha.
  • masinya
    masinya Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I probably have 3-4 drinks a week, that I log and fit into my calories. I do drink a little less due to the calories and some meds that I am on. But I enjoy it too much to give it up.