Girls over 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• LManah
    LManah Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started using this site and have lost 5lbs so far... I weigh 245 lbs and am ready for change! I am a full time student and I work so i know how hard it is. Lets motivate eachother!!!! i need firends!
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm at 243.6 right now. :( Need to get down to 184 to be at the top end of the healthy weight spectrum for my height (6'), but I want to get down to 165 eventually!

Feel free to add. :)
  • tsimpson84
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started out at 305, 300 was pretty much my breaking point. Now I'm down to 283 as of today and I'm ready to get back on track! Looking around the message boards I noticed most members I came across are under 200. It might be just a coincidence but are there any girls like me out there?

Anyway, I've been home sick the past four days and just couldn't take it anymore. So I got up off my bum, put on sneakers, and jogged for the first time in my life. Soooo I lasted 5 whole minutes with much effort and walked another 15. It was just about agonizing but I did it!

I'm in school full time and i work on a brain injury unit at a hospital nearby. I have a gym membership to Planet Fitness and I'm going to start going 3-5 times a week like I did during the summer. I'm starting Weight Watchers either this week or next.

Anybody starting out on the same page? I could use a weight loss buddy :)

I'm here with you too :) I started at 272 and my goal is to be 200. I like being thick and curvy - but I want to be a muscular thick and curvy. I just do not look good lower than 200 (but I'm also 5'10")

I've sent you an add Colleen, and anyone else that wants to add me is more than welcome as well!
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I am new here and would love some friends in this category!! Please add me!
  • Golgotha1917
    Options
    Hi I started out at 314 and it seemed like nothing i did seemed to help. A friend of mine suggested I try eating more whole foods. A lot of "diet" foods are overly processed and end up being more chemicals than actual foods, your body can't process them. Even regular foods are too processed. General rule of thumb try to find foods with 5 or less ingredients in them. It won't always happen but every little bit helps. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you can't pronounce an ingredient don't eat it, it's a chemical. an example would be Butter= sweet cream and salt. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter = indecipherable gibberish, a lot of which are derivatives of plastic. I started doing that and lost 7lbs the first week. It's all about moderation. Don't get discouraged, you'll find what works for you.
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I started at 280 (gulp!) and weighed in today at 252.5. I can't wait until I'm closer to 200 than 300!

Good luck - we can all do this!!!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 250, so far I'm down 19 pounds @ 231. I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 160.
  • crazyleo86
    Options
    I had never been in the 200's until i moved and got a new job that was no longer active and sitting in a chair for 8 hrs straight..i'm now 220 but I have to work this off!i'm 5'6 and I want to be 160, i've been at the weight and it was the most comfortable for me
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I started 262lbs been doing this seriously since 11/30/11 now I am at 254lbs. I also go to school, work full time and have teenager. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    I started out at 306.2, I am currently at 279.6. Anybody who wants to add me feel free to.
  • jlowensby
    jlowensby Posts: 142
    Options
    I started at 225 at 5'4 and down to 210 or so....up and down grrr but have lost inches
  • TheNaturalNanny
    TheNaturalNanny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started at 263, Ive been at it for a month now but im not sure how much ive lost since I dont have a scale. Im always up for new friends who understnand what its like to see 2's or ever 3's in front of our weight. Heres to pushing each other to be healthier!!
  • lanathelobster
    Options
    When I started on fitness pal I was 238, but my heaviest was around 260 (once I hit that I refused to weigh myself). My breaking point was the day I needed a belt and didn't have one big enough so I asked my mom for one of my dad's. The belt was too small and I just collapsed on the floor hysterically crying.

My biggest goal is not to only lose weight but stop the emotional eating that made me that weight.
  • fluffilicious
    Options
    oh girl, you are on the right track! i am 250 and 35 years old and cannot get motivated to stick with just walking for more than 3 days. today was going to be my " let's get started day- again " and it is snowing!!!! i work at the school as an aide and am just sitting and watching kids all day. I need to get moving!!
    there are not many girls that look like me here and the ones that do would rather shoot me then, talk about getting healthy! this is the heaviest I have ever been and it is suffocaiting.

i will be sending best wishes for you to keep going!!!
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    Just to let you know, I started MFP at 370.6 pounds, after losing about 5 pounds. Seeing my weight get to 375 really hit me hard...I'm only 23 years old! Last year I got down to 332, before creeping back up to 339 over the holidays. My goal is to get down to 272 by the end of July or August. (The reason for that number is that it is the max weight I can be to go on a mission--I'm LDS and am prepping to go on a full-time 18-month mission for my church :). When I come back from my mission, the goal is to get down to 180, into the healthy weight range for my height. It's tough, but it's totally worth it! Keep up the great work! If you want some positive encouragement, feel free to add me! :)
  • MrsLinnieR
    Options
    :wink: :laugh: You are not alone. I'm starting at 231. I'm sorry that you are home sick, that sure doesn't make it easy to try to meet your goals, but I'm happy you got up and did something! And for 20 minutes of cardio. Great job. We (my husband and I) decided we would start getting a walk in after lunch every day and we began that today. We work in downtown Chicago, so it was a great 25-30 minute brisk walk. I will do a Leslie Sansone Walk Fit DVD this evening. If you haven't tried her DVDs I highly recommend them. They are very motivational and I find her routines very easy to follow (it's just 4 steps nothing fancy) and it always at your own pace. Five years ago when I was using them I lost 40 pounds in 6 months, but of course I was eating very healthy too. (I got met my husband and got married about a year later and well, apparently married life agrees with me!) :wink:

If you are a spiritual person (as I am) it always helps me to pray for discipline and perserverance..."I can do this!" Good luck to you and if you should so desire to "friend" me, I will try to always be here to support and motivate you...but I may ask you to do the same in return!! Have a great evening!
  • alysonleanne
    Options
    I started at around 240-250. I'm at 165ish now, so if you ever wanted any advice, just ask!
  • svelte32
    svelte32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know there's a lot of women out there over two hundred pounds. I am trying to break two hundred pounds but keep getting stuck at 220. I just got sick and was taking care of my bf from surgery feeling so run down, I gained a few pounds by sitting around and eating more. I am feeling bummed and could easily just sit on the couch and veg out. I need to be inspired again to get up and push no matter what happens. I feel like every time a speed bump comes my way I fall down and don't get up for a while. I hear a lot of excuses in my head but I realized this year that if I really want to do this that nothing would stop me. I NEED MORE SUPPORT! I will try to do the same.
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I started at 375 but I'm now down to 309. I've lost the weight with the help of HCG (which I know is not liked by all but I'm not here to talk about that really... just here to share my weight with you all. =) My goal is 190 (which is still 'obese' but it's much healthier than where I started at!!)

Congratulations on your losses!! I hope you continue to reach your weight loss goals!! =)
  • davinahilary
    davinahilary Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started out at 273! I've been doing this for almost a year and honestly haven't been so dedicated. But this time around I am focused, willing and ready to do this! I am currently 252 :) Good luck to you on your journey and my request is sent.