MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good evening everyone!!

I ran a little over 3 miles today in probably the fastest time I've ever done!! (about 30 mins) I'm slowly getting better each time.

Christine, grats on your win!!!!

Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • annaliza
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

No running for me today. I think I twisted my ankle when I stepped on a rock in the driveway. I get little sharp pains if I twist it just the right way. I figured I'd stay off it a day or two and I should be good. I could probably run on it now, but I'd be afraid to injure myself even more.

Anyways, I'm not scheduled to run until Wednesday since I only run 3 days a week, so that should give me plenty of time.

Took the kids swimming yesterday - might do it again today if it doesn't rain.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Kids got me up early but it looks to be a great day!
  • Lesli
    Lesli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today I jogged 4.2 miles. That's the farthest I've gone. I usually run 3 miles. Yay, me!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Got my 7.25 mile route in this morning. A little slow after my leg workout yesterday - took the first 5 miles just to loosen up:laugh:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    A very tough and slow 3 miles today. The air is crazy thick and humid today. But, I did it!
    Really enjoying reading everyone's bios! It's good to meet y'all! :flowerforyou:
    Becky
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    I ran for an hour--new route, so maybe it was about 5 miles. The CEMETARY route. It was awesome. Running up and down the hills of the local cemetary all decorated with flowers and flags. I then ran to our courthouse and they had 1100 large flags flowing in the breeze, honoring the veterans of our town. Just awesome. Don't know where the time went.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I'm so used to a dated post! :smile:

Anyway, 3 this am and 3 more tonight.

For everyone out there I find runnersworld.com to have tons and tons of info from what to eat to injury prevention to the best shoes on the market. I love that site :love: :love: :love:

:drinker:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day!

Ran a bit over seven today. I should have run 70 with all the picnic food I ate today! Yikes!

Back on the wagon tomorrow, right?? :grumble:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I ran today on the 5K Race Course. I decided to stop about halfway through so that I would have endurance to run on the way back. I needed to mentally run back to the starting point so I knew I could do it! Hopefully the next time I can run to the halfway point and continue on.
  • natalie523
    natalie523 Posts: 12
    Options
    Six for me this morning! It was on the treadmill and was quite boring...running outside is so much better:) Anyway, have a great night everyone!
    Natalie:happy:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    No run yesterday or today. Three on tap for tomorrow. 20K on Saturday
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Hello!

I did 4.5K this evening. It almost killed me though. Not sure why, but my breathing sucked and I was just feeling sooo tired.

Going to take a day off from all exercise tomorrow (today was day 5 in a row).

Hopefull Wednesday's run will be better. I have a 5K Fun Run on Saturday. Hoping I'll be "feeling it" by then!!
  • annaliza
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

No running for me today. It is a strength training day! Can't wait for tomorrow. It will be the first time I've ever ran early in the morning (I've been an evening runner) so I'm a little nervous. I'm not sure what to expect (vehicle, animal, or insect wise) but I'm sure I'll enjoy it as long as it's not raining. Lol, I haven't gotten myself to the point where I'll run in the rain.

Have a great day!!!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

4 miles yesterday in the rain.

I'm shooting for 5 miles today. It'll have to be on the treadmill. I kinda stumbled a few steps back because until yesterday, it had been too long since I'd run.
  • Lesli
    Lesli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No run for me today. I jogged 4 miles yesterday. Today will be a work out video and a run tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    I ran 5 miles this morning in 39:30. Not my best time, so I was a little disappointed.146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Okaaaayyyyy, well I WAS really proud of my 5 miles in 53 minutes. :cry:
    after the above post, not so much..... :embarassed:

mildly frustrated with my left leg, I've managed to avoid forming any shinsplints until last week. It's not even a full shinsplint, there's just one specific spot on my left shin that is really starting to hurt. I'm going to back down my mileage a bit and see what happens.
    If it doesn't get worse, I'll ignore it. If it gets worse, I guess I'll just up my pre-run painkillers! LOL!

Happy and safe running to everyone today! :happy:

Becky
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    No run yesterday, hoping to get it in tonight. My foot is raw from hiking yesterday. Totally worth it, just wish I could put weight on the right side of my right foot. Hoping its healed enough that I can wrap it tonight and run.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon:flowerforyou:

I hope everyone had a wonderful safe holiday weekend.

I ran an easy paced 5K today. It felt great to run and I feel a lot less stressed out.:smokin:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to you all!
    I did 10.5 miles on Sunday in the rain in the park -- GREAT RUN!!! Love the rain but could've done without the snakes :ohwell: Took yesterday off and worked in the yard -- hoping to get in 5 miles tonight!

Getting VERY frustrated though -- any help or advice would be appreciated. I try to keep my calories down and had (HAD is the keyword) lost 18 pounds for a bet that ended in March. since then I have gained back 9 pounds!!! I exercise 6 days a week -- 4 running and 2 weight training. After my long runs I can't eat a thing -- but the next day watch out! If it's in the panty I'm eating it. Just can't seem to find a happy place where I exercise enough to maintain my weight. HELP!!! Getting ready to have a monumental birthday in 15 days -- along with the weight gain -- very SAD and FRUSTRATED!!! And feeling defeated! :frown: