Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Bumping...too good to miss ;)
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Tag for later, love using my crock pot. I mostly use it for cooking off chicken breast for my salads and crockpot oatmeal.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 198 Member
    Skinnytaste.com search "slow cooker" ... the barbacoa beef is delish ... Just like Chipotle!

My own personal fav ... 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (seasoned w salt, pepper and garlic powder)
    1 can (28oz I think, the big can) Las Palmas green enchilada salsa
    in the slow cooker on low all day
    shred (seriously, it falls apart on its own) and serve over rice w corn tortillas (or not)
    Use leftovers for quesadillas, tacos, enchiladas, salad, whatever ...
    super easy and a family favorite in my house :)
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    my easiest one when short on time

pound of frozen chicken
    jar of balck bean and corn salsa

throw in int he mornign let cook on low all day at work service over rice or make tacos :)
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Bump
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    BUMP! I love my crockpot!!

Me too!
  • bump .. luv'n these ideas :)
  • Fiesta Chicken

4 chicken breast
    1 can of black beans
    1 can of pinto beans
    1 can of corn
    1 jar of salsa

Place chicken breast in crockpot & add all of the ingredients on top. Slightly mix around. Cook on low for 8 hrs. Great by itself or as tacos and burritos.

Lemon Garlic Chicken Crock Pot Recipe

- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    - 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
    - 2 yellow onions, chopped
    - 2 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth
    - 1/4 cup lemon pepper seasoning
    - 4 tbsp paprika
    - 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
    - 1 tablespoon kosher salt
    - 1 tsp lemon zest

Directions:
    Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Mix together the lemon pepper seasoning, paprika and salt. Coat the chicken with the spice mixture. Place the coated chicken in the crock pot and cover with the fat free chicken broth, garlic cloves, parsley and onions and lemon zest. Cook on low heat for about 3-4 hours (or until done).

Entire recipe makes 8 servings
    Serving size is 1 breast, with approx 4 tbsp of sauce

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
    Ingredients:
    2 tsp. olive oil
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3 oz.) each
    1 1/4 cups crushed tomatoes
    2 large cloves garlic, crushed
    1 tsp. Sugar
    Pinch of celery seeds
    2 tbs. dry red wine
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    2 tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
    *Optional: serve on top of some 0 Calorie Miracle Noodles to really bulk up the dish without added extra calories or Points

Directions:
    Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over med.-high heat. Add the chicken and saute, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 min. Combine the chicken and next 5 ingredients in the crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW until the chicken is cooked through and a meat thermometers registers 170 degrees – approximately 6-8 hrs. Combine the cheeses in a small bowl and sprinkle them over the chicken. Don’t stir. Cook until the cheeses are melted, about 15 min.

Serves 4

I have so many more but these are all good starters. Check out this website, http://www.laaloosh.com it has great recipes for the crockpot as well as low calorie recipes.
  • mommacitab
    mommacitab Posts: 21 Member
    bump
  • Pork loin and beans:

Empty 2 cans of great northern beans or cannellini beans into a crock pot and add ½ cup of your favorite bbq sauce and add one chopped onion, cumin and cayenne to taste. Take a 2 pound pork loin and season with cumin and cayenne and coat with bbq sauce. Then press shake and bake onto pork loin. Cook in crock pot for 6 to 8 hours on low. To crisp pork you can remove and place in the over under the broiler for 15 minutes if you like.
  • saving this for later to look through all the recipes. i love using the crockpot!
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    I like to make a veggie soup in mine!

1lb extra lean ground beef
    2 cans of diced potatoes
    2 cans of diced or whole tomatoes
    1 can of tomato paste
    1/4 a bag of frozen corn
    1/4 a bag of frozen green beans
    1 bag of frozen mixed veggies
    Salt
    Chili Powder

I use a lot of Chili Powder and I salt generously (I would prefer to drink a lot of water than eat bland food!). You can really use whatever veggies you want in this recipe these just happen to be what is normally in my freezer (steamer bags). The only thing you have to do is cook the beef before hand. I like to cook mine all day on low. I have noticed that if you don't salt it enough while it is cooking it won't taste right.

I also like to make chicken & dumplings in my crockpot. Throw some Chicken breast, Cream of mushroom (consdensed) (optional), cream of chicken (condensed), garlic, salt, and Chicken broth (to thin) in a crockpot and cook for 8 hours on low. Add a can of biscuts to the mix an hour before. Be sure to cut them up in small peices as they tend to clump and they get bigger!

The easiest one is BBQ Chicken w/ Pineapple. Just put the three ingredients in and add some hot sauce if you'd like. We eat this on buns and then use the leftovers to make BBQ chicken pizza w/ Great Value pizza dough mix.

Sorry for not having measurements, but I've learned that it's easier to use you own judgement when it comes to consistency. Some people like things thick and some like them thin. Also, seasoning is always to taste. I love salt and chili powder, so you may not like how much of those two I would put in!
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Yum! can't wait to try some of these :)
  • lhaas24
    lhaas24 Posts: 92 Member
    I just started using a slow cooker and am loving it.... these are great recipes!
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    I just put pork and beans in my crockpot this morning, new recipe I found

1 cup navy beans (soaked in cold water over night)

In the morning drain the beans and boil them in 2 cups of water for 1/2 hour while you are getting ready for work
    then toss them into crockpot with the remaining water they were boiling in and add remaining ingredients

2 tbsp of soya sauce (mix in 1 tbsp of cornstarch before tossing it into crockpot)
    2 tbsp of ketchup
    2 tbsp of mustard
    1 tbsp of molasses
    1 finely chopped onion
    1 finely chopped carrot
    2 chopped garlic cloves

Top off with a pork tenderloin seasoned with salt and pepper
    Set on low for 8 hours
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    bump
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    wow these all sound yummy
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Bump
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Bump bump bump!!! I lovethis - so glad I fiound it, will have to dust off my slo cooker now

THANK YOU ALL !!!!!! :)
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Made this one yesterday, adapted from the original (non-slow cooker) recipe from no recipes.com (norecipes.com/blog/2010/02/08/japanese-curry-rice-recipe-video/). This is one of the all-time Japanese and Japanese-American comfort foods.

Japanese style chicken curry (makes 6-8 servings)

2 Sweet Onions
    4 Carrots
    4 Small Yellow Potatoes
    1 Apple
    2 lb Chicken Breast
    4 Cups Water
    1 Tsp Garam Masala
    1 Tbsp Coarse Sea Salt
    1 Cup Frozen Peas
    + Curry Roux (see below)

Thinly slice onions, cut carrots and potatoes into chunks, and put the veggies in the slow cooker. Core and peel apple and finely grate into the cooker. Place chicken breasts on top, and season with salt and garam masala (or you can substitute curry powder). Pour in the water, and cook on low for 6 hours

Just before the 6 hours is up, make the Roux

Curry Roux:

1/4 cup butter
    1/4 cup flour
    2 Tbsp Garam Masala (or Curry Powder)
    3 Tbsp Tonkatsu Sauce (or Worchestire Sauce)
    2 Tbsp Ketchup

Over medium low heat melt butter and stir in flour to make Roux. When smooth, add Garam Masala and let toast for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sauce and ketchup.

Take chicken out and shred using two forks and return. Take a cup of the liquid from the slow cooker and mix into the roux and then pour back into the slow cooker. Add the peas and let it cook for another hour.

Serve over rice or noodles.