Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Sorry forgot. Makes 6 cups of mexican chicken. 264 calories per cup with 17 gr of protein
  • c0rinth517
    c0rinth517 Posts: 13 Member
    I love my crockpot !!!!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Yes so easy, so good.
  • bump:love:
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    I'm a HUGE fan of this website: www.eatingwell.com I also get the magazine.

I made the vegetarian lasagna in a crockpot. Yes, lasagna. :happy:
    And no, the noodles were not purchased pre-cooked and were whole wheat. :bigsmile:

I make a lot of crock pot meals, but this is one of the most filling, easy and healthy I've made thus far.
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/crockpot_lasagna.html

Good luck on your journey. :happy:
  • http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/04/crockpot-tamale-pie-recipe.html

this is my favorite recipe when i'm short on time but still don't want to heat up the oven. it takes 2-4 hours in my crockpot depending on what setting i have it on. also we only put 1/2 tsp of chili powder, the 1 tblsp is WAY too much for us! and i usually add in some chopped up bell peppers. it's vegetarian so it's pretty low cal but you can add some ground beef or turkey if you want.
  • bump
  • Bump
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Bump.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    I like curry beans, vegetables, and chicken. I don't usually measure when I cook but here are my guesstimates:

1 cup dry black beans
    1 onion, 8 oz diced mushrooms, 1 bell pepper - all diced & pan sauteed
    4 finely diced celery stalks
    2 oz boneless skinless chicken
    jamaican curry powder (add 1 or 2 hours before the end)
    black pepper
    chicken broth cube
    salt to taste

put pot on low for about 5 or 6 hours. If not done to your liking, keep checking & cook & season as you like. sometimes I dump in some diced spinach with the other veggies.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    great ideas, need to keep up with this topic
  • Thanks for the info. I had no idea; however, the name has been changed to Skinny Ms Slow Cooker.:smile:
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    I am supper excited about these recipes. Just got my crockpot for Christmas. I will also be starting at 21 day fast starting Jan8 (as I do at the begining of the year, for the last 3 years) Spiritual reasons but of course i reap the added benefits of weight loss.

So these recipes are awesome, my first week will be no sweets, no meats, not bread, second week I can add one type of meat . I think I will go with turkey., But still no sweets, or breads, and then the third week I probably will no back to no meats, sweets or bread.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    bump!
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Bump. Trying to utilize my slow cooker more often but to cook healthier meals.......
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    I'm going to be trying some of these for sure! YUM!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Bumping for later! these sound delish!
  • bump
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Bump for later perusal :)
  • Crockingirls.com and crockpotguys.com have endless suggestions.