Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Options

Replies

• PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've made the following recipe many times. I don't flour and fry the meat first, but I do add the celery seed, pepper and salt into the pot itself. I serve it over noodles.

All Day Crockpot Delight II

2 1/2 to 3 pounds lean stew beef
    1/4 cup flour
    1/2 teaspoon celery seed
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
    1 cup beef broth
    1 teaspoon honey
    1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
    1/2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet or Gravy Master (browning sauce)

Dredge beef in flour mixed with celery seed, pepper, and salt. Place the onions in the crockpot. In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the beef quickly in the olive oil; transfer to the crockpot. Add the garlic powder. Mix together the broth, honey, vinegar, and browning sauce; pour into the hot skillet and stir to get all browned bits. Pour mixture over the beef and onions. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Delicious over noodles or rice. Serves 4 to 6.
  • ksmorck
    ksmorck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Skinnycrockpot.com Zuchinni Ziti is yummy
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I just put the cp on!

Today we have chicken and wild rice casserole

Layer in this order:
    boneless skinless chicken thighs (fat removed)
    cooked and chopped bacon (as much as you desire)
    1 onion chopped
    3 celery stalks chopped
    2T worcestershire sauce
    salt
    pepper
    dried sage
    box of wild rice
    about 3 cups of hot (temp, not spicy) broth - or however much you need to cover the chicken

Low for 3-4h, then let stand without cover for 15min before serving.

The recipe also calls for shrooms, but I hate them.
  • CreatingColie
    CreatingColie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump, of course :)
  • Mrs_ALM
    Mrs_ALM Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One whole onion, sliced into rings
    One whole chicken, cut up
    One to two bulbs garlic, separate cloves (you will have between 20-30 cloves)
    Salt and pepper
    Paprika
    1 TB Olive oil

Layer onion on bottom of crock pot. Rub chicken pieces lightly with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Put cloves of garlic on top (leave some with their skins, some without).

Cook on low for 8+ hours or high 5-6. You will get fall off the bone chicken with a slight sweet taste from the roasted garlic. I serve this the first night with veggies or potatoes. Then take the leftover chicken, skin it and shred it. Now you have chicken for chicken salads, taco salads, enchiladas, tacos, soups, etc. And it's cheap!

You can do this without cutting the chicken as well. I stuff an onion and garlic in the body of the chicken, throw it in and go. Make sure the chicken is defrosted. It falls apart, tender & juicy and is awesome!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • labix
    labix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
    1 whole chicken
    spray olive oil
    Lawry's seasoned salt -no substitutes
    Aluminum foil Red potatoes Carrots onions

Clean chicken inside and out. Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with Lawry's. Spray inside of crock with Pam. Note: Do not put any water in the crock. Wrap potatoes in foil into 2”-3” balls and put them in the bottom of the crock. The chicken is going to sit on these. Place chicken breast side down in crock on top of aluminum balls. (The chicken breast sits on the aluminum balls, for the simple fact that the natural juices drain to the bottom of the pot, so with the breast on the bottom the juices stay in the breast instead of draining from the breast keeping the breast super moist!)

Cook on High (will not come out the same on low), 4-6 hours. (3lb. chicken took 4 hours)
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Definitely a bump for later... this sounds awesome!!!
  • kksn
    kksn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump! Great source of recipes! Thanks :happy:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I made something that's pretty good and healthy and easy, it's a white bean and chicken chili. I soaked the beans overnight first and then drained them and put all this in the crock:
    1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
    4 cloves Garlic, Minced
    2 whole Cans Green Chilies, Chopped
    1 pound Dried Great Northern Beans, Rinsed
    8 cups Chicken Broth
    1 whole Jalapeno, Sliced
    1-1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
    1/2 teaspoon Paprika
    1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

I cooked it on low for about 10 hours because that is how long I was away. But when I got back to it, I shredded a rotisserie chicken to add to the pot with
    Salt To Taste
    White Pepper, To Taste
    1 cup Whole Milk
    2 Tablespoons Masa (corn Flour) OR Cornmeal

And let that heat up and thicken for another 15 minutes.
    At 6 servings (generous) it's about 344 cals when I entered it. I garnish it with plain greek yogurt and blue corn chips, you can add cheese, gaucamole, pico de gallo or whatever you like. I seeded the jalapeno for less heat.
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bump- I need to go through this
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mdailey93
    Options
    BUMP! I don't have time to read all of these now, but my MIL got me a crock pot for Christmas and I haven't used it yet!
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    whats the calorie count on this????
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    bump
  • abookreader2
    abookreader2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    and of course I find all these yummy recipies in the middle of an Australian summer ..... but will most definately be back here come our winter to try some out.... I have been using my crock pot for years (mum had one when we were growing up) but never really thought about how much more I could do with it ...... always used fresh or thawed meat (didn't even think about throwing a frozen chicken breast or diced meat in).

Thanks all and enjoy

Actually summer is my favorite time to use a crockpot! Saves heating the kitchen up. Unless you eat totally cold food ALL summer long, why not cut the heat in the kitchen and use your crockpot. I save stove and oven recipes for winter and crockpot or grill during the summer months.
  • stayceal
    Options
    Bumping for reference. A lot of these recipes sound good and I would like to try them out.