40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I would Love to join- 46,on maintenance since Sept 2011. Goals are to continue maintenance and firm/tone. Just stay healthy:-)
    Goal to jump up my weightlifting program a notch.
    Looking forward to hearing/sharing with the cool kids;-)
  • michellecorvin
    michellecorvin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and in week two of trying to make myself accountable. I have not started exercising yet but I have all the tools that I need to do so. I am focusing on the food for now. One thing at a time. I plan to start exercising this weekend. I have to try to stop my lazy ways and just do it! LOL Easier said than done, I know. One can always hope! ;D
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    Would love to have the support of 40+ club.. Weight loss is a lot different at 40 compared with 20 something.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am in better shape now than when I was 20 something :-)
  • ruiz3569
    Options
    how do i join ?
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Amen brother...So true.
  • mccdl34
    mccdl34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Finally, I'm one of the cool kids! And all I had to do was live long enough. :smile:
  • paulaledwards
    paulaledwards Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This looks like an interesting place to be! Just setting up my account, so nothing to report yet.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. I have been working for a year to loose weight -up and down- up and down. My metabolism is shot. My hormones are being worked on...I have hypothyroidism. 2 kids and a super thin husband, who by the way can eat a gallon of ice cream a night and not gain an ounce.
    I completed one round of\ Insanity.
    My goal is to lose 4 lbs (not water weight) by February 1. (which for me who loses ounces with diet and exercise is a milestone).
  • michellecorvin
    michellecorvin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are really kicking butt in your journey! It must feel incredible. Congrats! I have over 100 to lose too. Sigh...
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options

Amen brother...So true.

This is the same for me. I love my forties, so far.
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I am probably in the best shape of my life. I was this weight when I was in high school and again in my late 20s but never in this kind of shape. 40s rock!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes - I was away from the board yesterday and I can't believe what I missed.
    Welcome to all the newcomers. Chris - this name was a hit - so many 40+ cool kids out there. :happy:

I am having difficulty keeping people straight. It will take me a while to get to know you all.

Marathon training has started for me again, and although I exercise almost daily, my body aches. I woke up this morning and I thought, "get used to it - this is how you are going to feel for the next 3 1/2 months!".
    Some nights I do both strength training and running - last night was one of them. My long run for this weekend is 10 miles - yikes! It may be a run/walk at this point, but I'll get the miles in. Hope the weather cooperates!! I don't want to run in the bitter cold or blowing snow. :sad:

Hat's off to the individual who did 100 burpees! Those are killers and I struggle to do 20.

To the person talking about chin ups - I have been strength training since May and I am no closer to doing one than I was in May. We have made it a goal to work on that each day we strength train. :tongue: I think I need to lose at least 30 lbs to be able to lift myself and that is not going to happen in this lifetime. :laugh:

Better get back to work - meeting time soon.

have a great day all. :flowerforyou:
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Great to see all the posts....WOW!!!

Umpire57 good to see you....last year sometime I ran across your wt loss success story on one of those evenings I was reading on MFP to keep myself from eating something I would regret later. It was very inspirational, especially the part where the coach who hadn't seen you in a year didn't know it was you and the smile that brought to your face when he DID recognize you! Welcome to Cool Kids! Good luck with your goals.

Swiss, Alf, Chris, Sedereski, LadyPersia: Good to hear from all of you founders. Alf thanks for the wt lifting info.

Hi to everyone new! Sounds like we've got a lot of fun and motivated people out there. Good Luck with this weeks goals!:flowerforyou:
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Hat's off to the individual who did 100 burpees! Those are killers and I struggle to do 20.

In P90X2 there is this evil thing called the Mule Kick Burpee.

Start Standing
    Go Down and Kick feet up in the air like a mule kick to Plank
    Do a pushup
    In Plank - Right Knee to RIght Elbow then a pushup
    Still in Plank Left Knee to Left Elbow then a pushup
    Jump to hands and then jump straight up
    Repeat

I did 5 and thought I was dying :-)

Thanks for the words of encouragement crewellademel.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    how do i join ?

You just did!! :flowerforyou: Feel free to join in the conversation!!! Welcome! :drinker:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members!!!! Awesome!!! :drinker: Feel free to ask all the questions you have. Post your goals, struggles, success, etc. Check in day is on Fridays. Just let us know if you met your goals for the week, etc.

LadyPersia, no word from Sing. :sad: I want to stay optimistic but my gut tells me something bad happened to him. I dont think he would have left us hangind like this. How are you doing?

Ok, gotta go, too little time today at work...take care!!! :flowerforyou:

BTW, got my body fat tested yesterday by a coworker who is an exercise physiologist. 19.21% not bad for a 48 yr old woman!! hee hee I was afraid I was "skinny fat"...so I feel more comfortable now. :drinker:
  • Stacy121
    Stacy121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I just turned 40 in November. Working out has never been a thing for me until recently. I'm currently on week 4 of the Couch to 5K program and also doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (day 5). I'd like to lose 15 pounds.

Stacy
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm in - turn 41 in 3 months. Currently doing the Insanity workout and in week 5 of the 100 push-up challenge.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Stopping in to say hi, and that I'm still around. I've run 3 more 5ks since last being on here, and am signed up for my first half in May! Yikes!!!

Bad news for me is that my trainer left, and I've had to start with a different trainer. The workouts are completely DIFFERENT, so I feel a bit discombobulated at the moment, hoping I don't lose ground.

Also, getting ready to head to Sierra Leone Africa in March to visit my daughter in the Peace Corps!

Alf, congrats on the BF%!!! That's awesome! Sorry to hear that Sing is missing. Sure hope he's okay.